Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Call me crazy but I think Seattle is incredibly dangerous...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boom!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
Pithy Radish wrote:

Packers are in 1st place... The play is over; the game is done and recorded. I don't think there's a single Packer or fan that wouldn't like to get revenge for it...

If I were Seattle, there's one team I wouldn't want to play in the playoffs.

There were plenty of other awful calls that went the Packers way. The whole game was very bad from an officiating stand point, and to just key in on that play means you're not getting the whole picture. People want to point to that Golden Tate TD but what about the phantom PI on third and long that led to the Packers only TD of the game? There was also the Russell Wilson INT that was called back for something idiotic. There was also another phantom PI at a critical moment on Chancellor I believe. There where so many bad calls that the game was incredibly flawed for both teams. Narrowing in on one bad call is short-sighted, the game would have likely looked a lot different had the right calls been made. There may have not been a chance for Russell Wilson because of a 10+ point lead by the Packers or the Packers could have been in the same situation the Seahawks were in at the end of the game needing a touchdown to win the game with only seconds on the clock.

Either way I hope that the Seahawks and Packers meet in the playoffs so this silly incident can be laid to rest once and for all.

I don't think the rematch (if it occurs) will involve refs. I think it'll be pretty one sided. Most likely this rematch takes place in Green Bay. I'd give GB a 14 point spread.[/quote]

14 point spread?

Aaron Rodgers has 27 touchdowns on the season. Not a single one came in the game against the Seahawks.

His lowest QB rating this season came in the game against the Seahawks.

He's also been sacked 2+ times in all but one game since his 8 sack night in Seattle.

The Seahawks have the best secondary in the league and our pass rush is good enough. Rodgers would have the same kind of night if we played again. Although I could see him possibly getting 1 touchdown.

Legion of Boom!
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boom! wrote:
The Seahawks have the best secondary in the league and our pass rush is good enough. Rodgers would have the same kind of night if we played again. Although I could see him possibly getting 1 touchdown.

Laughing
I hope all Seahawk fans don't believe this.

Boom! wrote:

So you didn't read the article.

Jennings may have had control of the ball, but his feet/a body part never hit the ground before Tate. Not only did Tate establish possession of the ball before Jennings hit the ground, but he also completed the catch when both of his feet hit the ground while Jennings was still in the air.

If Jennings had hit the ground before Tate did, then this would be a different story. But he didn't. And it's not. So when someone can give me some clear evidence of when Jennings completed the INT before Tate completed the TD then I'll agree with them.

This is exactly why this argument was so annoying at the time. You're completely ignorant of the rules even after the article you linked spelled them out for you.

I did read the article and considered the points made but still disagreed.

If you actually read the simultaneous catch rule, when their feet hit the ground is irrelevant. Establishing possession first is irrelevant. Establishing and maintaining control is what is relevant.

Tate touched the ball first but Jennings is the first to establish control and when he's bringing the ball down, Tate has no control of it, the only reason his hand stays touching the ball is because his arm gets pinned against Jennings's body. At that point, while they're still in the air, Jennings has the int if he maintains control since he first established and maintained control. Which he does. Whoever hits the ground first is irrelevant.

Which goes back to me posting that rule repeatedly during the period immediately following the play because I actually went and checked the NFL rulebook before making a decision rather than argue something I had no clue about.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Last edited by jrry32 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't believe what Boom! said about playing Aaron Rodgers again jrry. I believe that they would beat us more often than not at Lambeau. Although given how Russell Wilson has progressed, we could cope better with a higher scoring game.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Yeah I don't believe what Boom! said about playing Aaron Rodgers again jrry. I believe that they would beat us more often than not at Lambeau. Although given how Russell Wilson has progressed, we could cope better with a higher scoring game.

Ehhhh...you guys are 1-4 on the road with only 1 game of 20+ points and Russell only had 1 good performance. We'll have to see how he does on the road in his final 3 road games before I'd feel comfortable believing that.

iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going to read through the first 6 pages but I agree with the OP. As a 49er fan Seattle scares me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
They won't win the division
They won't have any home games

They will go one and done in pretty lopsided fashion.

What makes you think it's going to be lopsided? Seattle has lost 4 on the road. All loses has been very close games that didn't go Seattle's way with 4, 4, 6 and 7 points.

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Is there a better non-Bear CB than Sherman this year?

No. In fact, I'd take him over Jennings and Tillman, but that's me being a homer.

I feel Sherman actually shuts down WR's, whereas Tillman and Jennings just happen to find the ball every so often. But that's just how I feel personally.

You didn't see Tillman against Detroit?

He didn't. And he didn't see Tillman force 4 fumbles against the Titans. Nor the 2 consecutive weeks where he got pick 6s. Or the fact that Jennings has the lead league in INTs. Sherman is having a good year, but he is playing nothing like Tillman and Jennings.
Tillman may be having a better year, but not Jennings. That's a joke.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Jamison.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

No. In fact, I'd take him over Jennings and Tillman, but that's me being a homer.

I feel Sherman actually shuts down WR's, whereas Tillman and Jennings just happen to find the ball every so often. But that's just how I feel personally.

He didn't. And he didn't see Tillman force 4 fumbles against the Titans. Nor the 2 consecutive weeks where he got pick 6s. Or the fact that Jennings has the lead league in INTs. Sherman is having a good year, but he is playing nothing like Tillman and Jennings.
Yeah, don't know what he's trying to say but there is no doubt Sherman is a Top 10 CB. I have him ranked in the Top 7. Browner I feel has been a tad overrated this year, not trying to take away how good he has played though.

Jamison.'s Gallery
DRC29 INT

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Seattle is good home or away. Look at their road losses.. they don't get blown out or anything. They could have won all four of those games they lost. All of those games came down to final possessions, iirc.

At home you can forget it. Scary good team.

edit: This point may have been brought up, but I'm not sifting through 6 pages to find out.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Tillman is. I'm pretty sure Sherman had his worst game of the year against the Rams lol. But he has been great.

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Tillman is. I'm pretty sure Sherman had his worst game of the year against the Rams lol. But he has been great.
I'm perfectly willing to concede Tillman. Jennings is just silly though.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Ketchup

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
I'm perfectly willing to concede Tillman. Jennings is just silly though.
Would be curious to see all 4 CB's metrics.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Tooki wrote:

Ehhhh...you guys are 1-4 on the road with only 1 game of 20+ points and Russell only had 1 good performance. We'll have to see how he does on the road in his final 3 road games before I'd feel comfortable believing that.

In his games against the 9ers and Lions, he looked a lot better than he did against the Cards.

I get that you don't watch many Seahawks games, but the Russell Wilson that goes on the field now is quite different to the Russell Wilson that started (prematurely) against the Cards. He isn't perfect by any means, but he isn't struggling to find the endzone like he did against the Cards.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Tooki wrote:

In his games against the 9ers and Lions, he looked a lot better than he did against the Cards.

I get that you don't watch many Seahawks games, but the Russell Wilson that goes on the field now is quite different to the Russell Wilson that started (prematurely) against the Cards. He isn't perfect by any means, but he isn't struggling to find the endzone like he did against the Cards.

I watched the SF game. He looked bad.

LA Niner Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Tooki wrote:

I remember Wilson playing well against the 49ers until his OC blew it and started asking him to bomb it down field. When he got outside the pocket and was being asked to make shorter throws the first two drives, the Hawks moved the ball well.

I don't know the types of games their OC is calling outside that game, but hopefully he is playing to those strengths. He made some big throws against the Pats, but their secondary was pretty dreadful at the end of that game. Wilson can get outside the pocket and make accurate throws right now, they shouldn't be asking him to make big plays downfield unless they're there.

Although I do hope their OC continues to call terrible games like he did the majority of the 49ers game Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: