Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Call me crazy but I think Seattle is incredibly dangerous...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boom! wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Boom! wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:
Yea especailly when their given wins they shouldnt have, thats very dangerous.

Rolling Eyes

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/shame-the-angry-mob-golden-tates-touchdown-was-legit/17706/

Can of worms has been opened. But posting some random fan site doesn't earn you any points here. That guy can have his opinion but in my eyes and the eyes of many others, it's wrong. And yes, I'm quite aware of the rules. I was one of the few at the time who actually understood and was posting them.

Was an int.

Now back to the matter at hand...

So... if you understand the rules and have read the article that I posted instead of just looking at it, then please tell me where the INT happened.

When Jennings wrapped both his hands around the ball and established control before Tate did...

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They won't win the division
They won't have any home games

They will go one and done in pretty lopsided fashion.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
patsfan25

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Boom! wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Boom! wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:

Rolling Eyes

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/shame-the-angry-mob-golden-tates-touchdown-was-legit/17706/

Can of worms has been opened. But posting some random fan site doesn't earn you any points here. That guy can have his opinion but in my eyes and the eyes of many others, it's wrong. And yes, I'm quite aware of the rules. I was one of the few at the time who actually understood and was posting them.

Was an int.

So... if you understand the rules and have read the article that I posted instead of just looking at it, then please tell me where the INT happened.

Exactly. They want to discredit him so badly because it's the "popular" choice and it was so controversial, but after reading that ENTIRE article....I agree....the correct call was made.

I mean heck even the joking about one ref calling INT while the other signals TD was wrong lol.

You can sit behind that wall of yours and live in your fantasy world all you want (and you do). I'm gonna go with my knowledge on football, and the rightful opinions of millions of fans, thousands of analysts, and even an ex board member of the NFL rule book. I swear the Packers should be in 1st place in the NFC North.

I bet you weren't saying this kind of thing when the Tuck rule happened, but I digress.

Fans don't know anything. These are the same fans who were clamoring over the pictures of the refs doing 2 different signals thinking one meant touchback and the other meant TD (I was in that crowd, and I'm glad this article clarified what they were actually doing).

Experts? Read the article and see what those "experts" defined as a catch. It's quite funny.

But hey, the Seahawks got the W for it, so who's living in a fantasy world, really?

I will easily sit here and say the Tuck Rule was a questionable call. And was even called inaccurately according to the rule. That's my opinion on it. The difference between you and I is the fact that I can look at football from an honest and neutral perspective, while you can't. Oh, and I've enjoyed the luxury of being a fan of a dynasty, team of the decade, and the fact that we are still at the top of the chain despite the natural tendency to fall off a dominant era in today's game. My fantasies are just right in line...

Neutral? How are you viewing this from a neutral standpoint when you're sitting here saying that the Seahawks didn't deserve the win (which is what you imply when you say the call was incorrect).

If you're going to say that call was incorrect, at least acknowledge that there were several other calls that went AGAINST Seattle that also would've negated the result of that TD call (PI on Kam Chancellor which essentially gave the Packers a TD).

So negate both those calls and, wow, Seattle still wins.

Did Seattle play well enough to win the game? Neither team did. Should the Seahawks have won the game though? Nope. At that point in the game (the last play, and true deciding factor of the game itself), the right and obvious call wasn't made and that would be the only thing that mattered. Calls in the entire NFL leading up to that point have been so ticky tacky, including those that have went against the Seahawks. So why are you going to use that to support why the Seahawks should have won? How about the bogus PI call on Williams leading up to that play? Lopsided calls were being made in the entirety of the league, and the Packers just had to suffer the climax of it.

Logan Ryan
Tackles:13 Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:3 INTs:1 Pick 6s:

Deadpulse Ink.
hawksman81

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though Seattle is 1-4 on the road, it’s not like they’e been blowout losses. Every single game has came down to the last drive. The average point differences in the losses is -5.25. The defense is going to keep us in most games if the offense isn’t performing, which for 3/4 road losses has been the case.

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can get the O and D playing well, we can win any game on the road. That's probably not going to happen this year though.
Blink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle totally outplayed GB, that's why they were behind and had to throw a hail mary in the first place, right?

The PI calls were judgement calls and none of them was particularly egregious if I remember correctly, where the fail mary call was a blatant elementary error.

But then again you cannot possibly have a rational conversation with someone who thinks Tate ever had control to begin with. It's like arguing with a child putting his fingers in his ears and yelling NANANANA until you quit.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, your crazy.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 5 Gm/ 25 Rec/ 429 Yds/ 4 TD/ 17.2 YPC/
patsfan25

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blink wrote:
Seattle totally outplayed GB, that's why they were behind and had to throw a hail mary in the first place, right?

The PI calls were judgement calls and none of them was particularly egregious if I remember correctly, where the fail mary call was a blatant elementary error.

But then again you cannot possibly have a rational conversation with someone who thinks Tate ever had control to begin with. It's like arguing with a child putting his fingers in his ears and yelling NANANANA until you quit.

via SnA Exclusive

Thank you.

Logan Ryan
Tackles:13 Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:3 INTs:1 Pick 6s:

Deadpulse Ink.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blink wrote:

lol, seriously? Wow.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

The 49ers?

No, the Packers...
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

The 49ers?

No, the Packers...

Why should they fear the Packers moreso than the Niners...? Packers throw the ball, Seahawks defend the pass better than anyone.

Niners run the ball, Seattle has been struggling defending that.

Not to mention the giant difference in the defense of SF and GB.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Boom!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Boom! wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Boom! wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Was an int.

When Jennings wrapped both his hands around the ball and established control before Tate did...

So you didn't read the article.

Jennings may have had control of the ball, but his feet/a body part never hit the ground before Tate. Not only did Tate establish possession of the ball before Jennings hit the ground, but he also completed the catch when both of his feet hit the ground while Jennings was still in the air.

If Jennings had hit the ground before Tate did, then this would be a different story. But he didn't. And it's not. So when someone can give me some clear evidence of when Jennings completed the INT before Tate completed the TD then I'll agree with them.

Legion of Boom!
terbo559

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defense wins championships. Seattle has a good defense. Their offense is getting better.
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pithy Radish wrote:

Packers are in 1st place... The play is over; the game is done and recorded. I don't think there's a single Packer or fan that wouldn't like to get revenge for it...

If I were Seattle, there's one team I wouldn't want to play in the playoffs.

There were plenty of other awful calls that went the Packers way. The whole game was very bad from an officiating stand point, and to just key in on that play means you're not getting the whole picture. People want to point to that Golden Tate TD but what about the phantom PI on third and long that led to the Packers only TD of the game? There was also the Russell Wilson INT that was called back for something idiotic. There was also another phantom PI at a critical moment on Chancellor I believe. There where so many bad calls that the game was incredibly flawed for both teams. Narrowing in on one bad call is short-sighted, the game would have likely looked a lot different had the right calls been made. There may have not been a chance for Russell Wilson because of a 10+ point lead by the Packers or the Packers could have been in the same situation the Seahawks were in at the end of the game needing a touchdown to win the game with only seconds on the clock.

Either way I hope that the Seahawks and Packers meet in the playoffs so this silly incident can be laid to rest once and for all.[/quote]

I don't think the rematch (if it occurs) will involve refs. I think it'll be pretty one sided. Most likely this rematch takes place in Green Bay. I'd give GB a 14 point spread.
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

The 49ers?

No, the Packers...

Why should they fear the Packers moreso than the Niners...? Packers throw the ball, Seahawks defend the pass better than anyone.

Niners run the ball, Seattle has been struggling defending that.

Not to mention the giant difference in the defense of SF and GB.

I don't think San Fran really wants to prove anything against Seattle. It's a division game, and most of those one team really doesn't want to embarrass the other.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: