Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Call me crazy but I think Seattle is incredibly dangerous...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Boom! wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Boom! wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:
Yea especailly when their given wins they shouldnt have, thats very dangerous.

Rolling Eyes

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/shame-the-angry-mob-golden-tates-touchdown-was-legit/17706/

Can of worms has been opened. But posting some random fan site doesn't earn you any points here. That guy can have his opinion but in my eyes and the eyes of many others, it's wrong. And yes, I'm quite aware of the rules. I was one of the few at the time who actually understood and was posting them.

Was an int.

Now back to the matter at hand...

So... if you understand the rules and have read the article that I posted instead of just looking at it, then please tell me where the INT happened.

Exactly. They want to discredit him so badly because it's the "popular" choice and it was so controversial, but after reading that ENTIRE article....I agree....the correct call was made.

I mean heck even the joking about one ref calling INT while the other signals TD was wrong lol.

You can sit behind that wall of yours and live in your fantasy world all you want (and you do). I'm gonna go with my knowledge on football, and the rightful opinions of millions of fans, thousands of analysts, and even an ex board member of the NFL rule book. I swear the Packers should be in 1st place in the NFC North.

I bet you weren't saying this kind of thing when the Tuck rule happened, but I digress.

Fans don't know anything. These are the same fans who were clamoring over the pictures of the refs doing 2 different signals thinking one meant touchback and the other meant TD (I was in that crowd, and I'm glad this article clarified what they were actually doing).

Experts? Read the article and see what those "experts" defined as a catch. It's quite funny.

But hey, the Seahawks got the W for it, so who's living in a fantasy world, really?

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Boom! wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Boom! wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:

Rolling Eyes

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/shame-the-angry-mob-golden-tates-touchdown-was-legit/17706/

Can of worms has been opened. But posting some random fan site doesn't earn you any points here. That guy can have his opinion but in my eyes and the eyes of many others, it's wrong. And yes, I'm quite aware of the rules. I was one of the few at the time who actually understood and was posting them.

Was an int.

So... if you understand the rules and have read the article that I posted instead of just looking at it, then please tell me where the INT happened.

Exactly. They want to discredit him so badly because it's the "popular" choice and it was so controversial, but after reading that ENTIRE article....I agree....the correct call was made.

I mean heck even the joking about one ref calling INT while the other signals TD was wrong lol.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/04/seahawks-packers-ref-now-admits-call-was-probably-wrong/

You can sit behind that wall of yours and live in your fantasy world all you want (and you do). I'm gonna go with my knowledge on football, and the rightful opinions of millions of fans, thousands of analysts, and even an ex board member of the NFL rule book. I swear the Packers should be in 1st place in the NFC North.

Packers are in 1st place... The play is over; the game is done and recorded. I don't think there's a single Packer or fan that wouldn't like to get revenge for it...

If I were Seattle, there's one team I wouldn't want to play in the playoffs.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Boom! wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Boom! wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Was an int.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/04/seahawks-packers-ref-now-admits-call-was-probably-wrong/

Packers are in 1st place... The play is over; the game is done and recorded. I don't think there's a single Packer or fan that wouldn't like to get revenge for it...

The 49ers?

patsfan25

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Boom! wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Boom! wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Was an int.

I bet you weren't saying this kind of thing when the Tuck rule happened, but I digress.

Fans don't know anything. These are the same fans who were clamoring over the pictures of the refs doing 2 different signals thinking one meant touchback and the other meant TD (I was in that crowd, and I'm glad this article clarified what they were actually doing).

Experts? Read the article and see what those "experts" defined as a catch. It's quite funny.

But hey, the Seahawks got the W for it, so who's living in a fantasy world, really?

I will easily sit here and say the Tuck Rule was a questionable call. And was even called inaccurately according to the rule. That's my opinion on it. The difference between you and I is the fact that I can look at football from an honest and neutral perspective, while you can't. Oh, and I've enjoyed the luxury of being a fan of a dynasty, team of the decade, and the fact that we are still at the top of the chain despite the natural tendency to fall off a dominant era in today's game. My fantasies are just right in line...

Logan Ryan
Tackles:13 Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:3 INTs:1 Pick 6s:

Deadpulse Ink.
Pithy Radish

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Boom! wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Boom! wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Was an int.

There were plenty of other awful calls that went the Packers way. The whole game was very bad from an officiating stand point, and to just key in on that play means you're not getting the whole picture. People want to point to that Golden Tate TD but what about the phantom PI on third and long that led to the Packers only TD of the game? There was also the Russell Wilson INT that was called back for something idiotic. There was also another phantom PI at a critical moment on Chancellor I believe. There where so many bad calls that the game was incredibly flawed for both teams. Narrowing in on one bad call is short-sighted, the game would have likely looked a lot different had the right calls been made. There may have not been a chance for Russell Wilson because of a 10+ point lead by the Packers or the Packers could have been in the same situation the Seahawks were in at the end of the game needing a touchdown to win the game with only seconds on the clock.

Either way I hope that the Seahawks and Packers meet in the playoffs so this silly incident can be laid to rest once and for all.
lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Seahawks are an exciting young team. I'm not going to lie I thought Pete would bomb horribly but he's done an exceptional job.
Pithy Radish

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
The Seahawks are an exciting young team. I'm not going to lie I thought Pete would bomb horribly but he's done an exceptional job.

Pete Carroll has done a fantastic job as a personel guy. In this regard Pete Carroll could easily be one of the best in the NFL. He constantly churns out talent from the most unlikely of places. Who would have thought that a former WR from Stanford would now rank among the best CBs in the game?

His coaching is one thing I wonder about though. He's inconsistant as a coach and I think he's way to conservative. In 2010 he had an awful roster and he came up with some very creative, exotic blitz packages to get the the QB. Since then he has all but abandonded those blitz packages. He now sticks with a 4-3 under scheme that gives you a 3-4 look, most of the time running cover 2 coverages. On offense he airs way to much on the side of caution, especially with new QB's to the team. I attribute the Seahawks early offensive struggles soley on Pete Carroll.
Bears Are Legit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boom! wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Well the entire article is based on the premise that Tate had control of the ball when he stuck his hand up and touched it first, when he clearly didn't. So throw that out the window.
BBIB

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pithy Radish wrote:

There were plenty of other awful calls that went the Packers way. The whole game was very bad from an officiating stand point, and to just key in on that play means you're not getting the whole picture. People want to point to that Golden Tate TD but what about the phantom PI on third and long that led to the Packers only TD of the game? There was also the Russell Wilson INT that was called back for something idiotic. There was also another phantom PI at a critical moment on Chancellor I believe. There where so many bad calls that the game was incredibly flawed for both teams. Narrowing in on one bad call is short-sighted, the game would have likely looked a lot different had the right calls been made. There may have not been a chance for Russell Wilson because of a 10+ point lead by the Packers or the Packers could have been in the same situation the Seahawks were in at the end of the game needing a touchdown to win the game with only seconds on the clock.

Either way I hope that the Seahawks and Packers meet in the playoffs so this silly incident can be laid to rest once and for all.

Exactly. ESPN wanted to push an agenda that night and they got what they were looking for. A controversial play on the final play of the game

THey deliberately did not mention all the other bad calls that happened throughout the course of that game mostly in the Packers favor like the PI calls that led to points on their only scoring drive or all the non-holding calls on Packers Oline that simply could not stop the Seahawks pass rush

ESPN pushed an agenda that was later parroted by all the other outlets and fans.

Was it a bad call? Sure but the Seahawks outplayed the Packers that night where the Packers could only muster up 13 or 14 points
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are a very good young team, but until Russell Wilson really grows into being an NFL QB, and they can become a better team on the road, I think its too early for them to be considered favorites for anything.

But they are a good team, no doubt. They'll make a run for the playoffs for sure, all though that will be no easy task.

down but not out. I still believe!
BBIB

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
They are a very good young team, but until Russell Wilson really grows into being an NFL QB, and they can become a better team on the road, I think its too early for them to be considered favorites for anything.

But they are a good team, no doubt. They'll make a run for the playoffs for sure, all though that will be no easy task.

Russell Wilson looks as poised and prepared as any other rookie QB right now

But he's still a rookie. And they look very vulnerable on the road

If it weren't for the 49ers and the Seahawks had home field advantage, they would scare a lot more teams

But they have to do a lot more away from the 12th man to warrant making any noise this post-season

Also they have to let that young rook air it out like they've done at times this season esp. at home
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, wouldn't it be something if Seattle and Greenbay finish with the same record, and Seattle makes the playoffs over them because of that one game?

I'd love it. Seeing that one play never gets old!

down but not out. I still believe!
BBIB

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Hey, wouldn't it be something if Seattle and Greenbay finish with the same record, and Seattle makes the playoffs over them because of that one game?

I'd love it. Seeing that one play never gets old!

I put that one out there like 3-4 weeks ago and at the time I"ll admit I was halfway joking, but it's not as farfetched as it may seem

Then again at this point if the Seahawks beat the Bears the same could happen for Chicago
Ataal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until Seattle can prove they can win on the road, I just can't call them "dangerous." Definitely not a team you can sleep on, either.

From here on out, Seattle plays 3 home games, but they're all division games, and other three are road games. Seattle is 0-3 in their division and 1-4 on the road. This last stretch will tell you all you need to know about Seattle this year. Should get interesting whether you're a fan or not. Love seeing young teams breaking out. They could be serious contenders in the near future.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Boom! wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Boom! wrote:
G3RMANATOR wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Was an int.

I will easily sit here and say the Tuck Rule was a questionable call. And was even called inaccurately according to the rule. That's my opinion on it. The difference between you and I is the fact that I can look at football from an honest and neutral perspective, while you can't. Oh, and I've enjoyed the luxury of being a fan of a dynasty, team of the decade, and the fact that we are still at the top of the chain despite the natural tendency to fall off a dominant era in today's game. My fantasies are just right in line...

Neutral? How are you viewing this from a neutral standpoint when you're sitting here saying that the Seahawks didn't deserve the win (which is what you imply when you say the call was incorrect).

If you're going to say that call was incorrect, at least acknowledge that there were several other calls that went AGAINST Seattle that also would've negated the result of that TD call (PI on Kam Chancellor which essentially gave the Packers a TD).

So negate both those calls and, wow, Seattle still wins.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: