Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Upcoming 2013 NFL FA - OL, DL, DBs.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TitanSS


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 3124
Location: My house
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless he was resigned by SF and I don't know about it, Delanie Walker. The second tight end in SF is a pretty good option. We may let Cook walk and try to replace him in FA.

We just resigned Griffin so don't look for a safety to be signed.

I would think we're a lot more likely to look for an offensive lineman in the draft than in FA.

A defensive tackle would be a nice pick up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sadjag


Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1136
Location: jax
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans_31 wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
Long and Clady aren't going anywhere


Same with delmas, byrd, golden, or knighton
Knighton may be available, He lost his starting job this year and hasn't played that well. He might not make it through the house cleaning this offseason.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheDeeeeej


Joined: 02 Feb 2008
Posts: 13974
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teams dont build through FA.

The draft will be interesting.

IMO, our 2 biggest needs are S and DT.

I would love to draft Elam. But not where we will be likely picking ( 8-14 )
_________________

[Adopt a Titan] [Derrick Morgan] [Robert Johnson]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Titans fan 617


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 10093
Location: BeanTown
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:
Teams dont build through FA.

The draft will be interesting.

IMO, our 2 biggest needs are S and DT.

I would love to draft Elam. But not where we will be likely picking ( 8-14 )


I agree DT is IMO our number 1 need. There was the debate all offseason if Klug can be an every down player and it clearly doesnt look like it. Nothing against Marks hes doing the best he can but we need someone really good to play beside Casey. Yes Safteys a need id still look to draft one but if we had some push up the middle from our defense we can atleast make Griffin and Babs look better. And for the most part Griffins played good this season. The playmaking stats arnt there but were not giving up as many big plays minus the Bears game as some people think. But DT is a big need
_________________

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
*2011

Shaun Phillips: 11 Tackles 7 Assist 2 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 12 Tackles 11 Assist 2 Sack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TwoToneBlue


Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 7051
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
TheDeeeeej wrote:
Teams dont build through FA.

The draft will be interesting.

IMO, our 2 biggest needs are S and DT.

I would love to draft Elam. But not where we will be likely picking ( 8-14 )


I agree DT is IMO our number 1 need. There was the debate all offseason if Klug can be an every down player and it clearly doesnt look like it. Nothing against Marks hes doing the best he can but we need someone really good to play beside Casey. Yes Safteys a need id still look to draft one but if we had some push up the middle from our defense we can atleast make Griffin and Babs look better. And for the most part Griffins played good this season. The playmaking stats arnt there but were not giving up as many big plays minus the Bears game as some people think. But DT is a big need


DT is a big need, but we are improving. Martin has started to make some plays.
_________________
"That's a piece of it.."
-Ken Whisenhunt's answer to life's hardest questions

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titans fan 617


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 10093
Location: BeanTown
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Martin the kid looks like hes gonna be a solid player for us but i still want that beast at DT with Casey and would love a Klug Martin mix and match package
_________________

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
*2011

Shaun Phillips: 11 Tackles 7 Assist 2 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 12 Tackles 11 Assist 2 Sack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TwoToneBlue


Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 7051
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
I like Martin the kid looks like hes gonna be a solid player for us but i still want that beast at DT with Casey and would love a Klug Martin mix and match package


Agreed. There's been so many times this year where opposing QB's are easily able to step up in the pocket and avoid the outside rushers.
_________________
"That's a piece of it.."
-Ken Whisenhunt's answer to life's hardest questions

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titans fan 617


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 10093
Location: BeanTown
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
I like Martin the kid looks like hes gonna be a solid player for us but i still want that beast at DT with Casey and would love a Klug Martin mix and match package


Agreed. There's been so many times this year where opposing QB's are easily able to step up in the pocket and avoid the outside rushers.


I compare our pass rush to my Bruins power play after we aquired Tomas Kaberle. Ya our pp looked better cuz of all the puck moving but we still couldnt score. Same with us our pass rush looks good off the ball until the QB can step up or just sit back an have lunch until someones open. We need that Albert Haynesworth presence pre 09
_________________

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
*2011

Shaun Phillips: 11 Tackles 7 Assist 2 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 12 Tackles 11 Assist 2 Sack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stone32


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 2538
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:
Teams dont build through FA.

The draft will be interesting.

IMO, our 2 biggest needs are S and DT.

I would love to draft Elam. But not where we will be likely picking ( 8-14 )


That's a given, but you can add some key role players, and the occasional key player in FA. I'd like to see us snag at least Glenn Dorsey and put him back at his natural 4-3 position. I think we could get him for a really good price seeing he has been playing out of his element for a few years now with KC in a 3-4 I think Casey and Dorsey could, together, have the potential to pressure the pocket like we haven't seen since Haynesworth.

I think Delmas and Golden are pretty out of the question, but I'd like to see us at least take a run at them and possibly Osi, Freeney, or DRC. After that loss to the 1-9 JAGS we can't continue to give up almost 400 yards offense each game. We get zero pressure, and when we do, our CB seem to break down.
_________________
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
We've been bred to be pessimistic at all costs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10694
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had plenty pressure yesterday. 7 sacks worth...
The problem is that WRs are open so quickly the pressure can't get there in time.

It was countless times in the Indy game where Wimbley or Morgan were a step away from Luck, but the WR was open and he could throw it. If the DB had covered just for a half second longer, it would have been a sack.
In my view it wasn't like Luck was sitting there patting the ball either, it was drop back, set throw....rather than drop back set, look, scan, throw. His first read was open most times it seemed.

Same with Henne.

Pass rush and coverage go hand in hand... Good rush can create good coverage...but good coverage can also create a good rush.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TwoToneBlue


Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 7051
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
We had plenty pressure yesterday. 7 sacks worth...
The problem is that WRs are open so quickly the pressure can't get there in time.

It was countless times in the Indy game where Wimbley or Morgan were a step away from Luck, but the WR was open and he could throw it. If the DB had covered just for a half second longer, it would have been a sack.
In my view it wasn't like Luck was sitting there patting the ball either, it was drop back, set throw....rather than drop back set, look, scan, throw. His first read was open most times it seemed.

Same with Henne.

Pass rush and coverage go hand in hand... Good rush can create good coverage...but good coverage can also create a good rush.



Everyone is open immediately when you line up 10 yards off the line of scrimmage.
Rolling Eyes
_________________
"That's a piece of it.."
-Ken Whisenhunt's answer to life's hardest questions

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TwoToneBlue


Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 7051
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
We had plenty pressure yesterday. 7 sacks worth...
The problem is that WRs are open so quickly the pressure can't get there in time.

It was countless times in the Indy game where Wimbley or Morgan were a step away from Luck, but the WR was open and he could throw it. If the DB had covered just for a half second longer, it would have been a sack.
In my view it wasn't like Luck was sitting there patting the ball either, it was drop back, set throw....rather than drop back set, look, scan, throw. His first read was open most times it seemed.

Same with Henne.

Pass rush and coverage go hand in hand... Good rush can create good coverage...but good coverage can also create a good rush.



Everyone is open immediately when you line up 10 yards off the line of scrimmage.
Rolling Eyes
_________________
"That's a piece of it.."
-Ken Whisenhunt's answer to life's hardest questions

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group