Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who do we sign now?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Leader O'Cola


Joined: 17 Jan 2012
Posts: 1761
Location: An hour or so west of Chicago
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Who do we sign now? Reply with quote

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/11/report-byron-leftwich-suffered-two-fractured-ribs/
_________________
DIAF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stillersenat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 11248
Location: In over my head.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nominate SouthwestSteel.
_________________


CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66182
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byron is such a warrior. sucks he always gets hurt. Sad Remmeber when he was at marshall, played on the broken leg and his lineman carried him from play to play.

id go with Jerrod Johnson, Tyler Palko or Dennis Dixon. Might as well go young and with guys who have ties to Haley, the team Or both.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerrod Johnson or Troy Smith
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 7468
Location: The playoffs start now, PA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can Leftwich ever stay healthy? Confused

It was a gusty performance but he has shown he just can't be reliable to stay on the field and out of the trainer's room.
_________________


^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 50766
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why Leftwich never really stood a chance as a starter. Always injured. There are other reasons, but I think if he could stay healthy he wouldve had a shot.
_________________

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jcm412


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 3476
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Garrard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xjayex


Joined: 22 Sep 2008
Posts: 1263
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabb.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
This is why Leftwich never really stood a chance as a starter. Always injured. There are other reasons, but I think if he could stay healthy he wouldve had a shot.


You gotta feel bad for these types of players. He's one of my favorite QB's in the league, because I love watching him zip in throws. He has all the talent to be a decent QB, just cannot stay healthy for even a full game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dook


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 2063
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade next years 5th round pick to the Browns for Colt McCoy.

Cleveland won't do it because we're about to play them but I would do it in a heartbeat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 50766
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:
Trade next years 5th round pick to the Browns for Colt McCoy.

Cleveland won't do it because we're about to play them but I would do it in a heartbeat.


No...just...no.
_________________

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Curtain


Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Posts: 575
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why trade anything for a QB at this stage? A playoff berth is hardly worth it, we aren't winning anything even with Ben. This season was filled with bad luck and rebuilding. It's been a very important season in some respect, because we know where we are now with the likes of that front seven, and we know it's time to retool. We need every draft pick to fix that front seven and find a safety/CB.

We do need an upgrade at backup QB though. I don't get why Batch is still around, other than he knows the playbook. And I never got the point of Leftwich to begin with. Yeah, it's nice to have a guy with his pedigree on the bench, but you seem to forget that if he plays 10 minutes of football, he's probably going to miss three weeks with an injury. We can just get Matt Cassell as a backup in the off season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spdelp


Joined: 28 Jan 2010
Posts: 56
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really think its going to be Brodie Croyle or Tyler Palko. Both have experience in Haley's system and both will be cheap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chieferific


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 3333
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spdelp wrote:
Really think its going to be Brodie Croyle or Tyler Palko. Both have experience in Haley's system and both will be cheap.

Well if it's Croyle, they might as well sign his backup too. He won't last long.
_________________

CKSteeler wrote:
And no, truth is not a 'fact.' Which is why they are two different words.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JustPlainNasty


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 7099
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Curtain wrote:
Why trade anything for a QB at this stage? A playoff berth is hardly worth it, we aren't winning anything even with Ben. This season was filled with bad luck and rebuilding. It's been a very important season in some respect, because we know where we are now with the likes of that front seven, and we know it's time to retool. We need every draft pick to fix that front seven and find a safety/CB.

We do need an upgrade at backup QB though. I don't get why Batch is still around, other than he knows the playbook. And I never got the point of Leftwich to begin with. Yeah, it's nice to have a guy with his pedigree on the bench, but you seem to forget that if he plays 10 minutes of football, he's probably going to miss three weeks with an injury. We can just get Matt Cassell as a backup in the off season.


???
That front 7 that leads the league in total yards, defense against the pass and among the best vs the run. The same front 7 that just limited the Ravens to under 200 total yards, 42 yards rushing, no offensive touchdowns? We could use more pressure its true but you make it sound like they are helpless.
_________________
Dcash4 wrote:


...you have a forum resume?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group