Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Blaine Gabbert removed as starter, Henne to take over
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21663
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glennon 2013

_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 13942
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO they can't go back now unless injury forces them to. They just admitted Gabbert isn't there QB. Ride Henne for the season and go get a guy that fits what your trying to do.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 26428
Location: Props to Smack on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



But seriously, this is just terrible news.
_________________

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 3 receptions, 63 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21663
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:


But seriously, this is just terrible news.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skaterbirdhouse


Moderator
Joined: 01 Feb 2007
Posts: 8608
Location: Jacksonville
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprised one bit after his performance yesterday. We will see if it's permanent because he was pretty awful up to that point. Although I really liked his potential coming out of college.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
billsoilers


Joined: 02 Oct 2011
Posts: 237
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henne had been stuck behind a soft Dolphins offense, but he always worked hard and i think he will do well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PantherDE90


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4501
Location: The Danger Zone
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
As a Chief fan though.. I dig this move! Go win you some games Jags and stop threatening my coveted #1 overall pick.


Laughing
_________________

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KhanYouDigIt


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 4714
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mularkey sucks so bad.

His main goal when he took the Jaguars job was to fix Gabbert, now he's benching him after the 10th game when he's made strides this off-season/season and oh, let's not forget we're 1-9. It's not like Henne is going to propel us to the playoffs. Mularkey is not going to save his job with this move. Him and Gene are gone after the season, I'm 100% sure. The remaining 6 games were to evaluate Gabbert, now the rest of the season is about is about draft position.

Aside from Shad Khan, this whole franchise sucks right now. Can't wait for him to make sweeping changes this off-season.
_________________


TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny considering we were being told that Henne has no chance to start on this team while Gabbert is here last week.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21663
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Funny considering we were being told that Henne has no chance to start on this team while Gabbert is here last week.

By fans? Henne was awful until yesterday. Soooo......
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KhanYouDigIt


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 4714
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

November 9th:


Quote:
Mularkey said a strong finish is still possible, and that so long as he is healthy, second-year veteran Blaine Gabbert will be the starting quarterback when that effort continues.

Mularkey said he doesn’t believe a quarterback change would provide a “spark.”

“I don’t think so, no,” Mularkey said. “Everybody’s got to play better – Blaine and everybody around him.”


Mularkey also said Gabbert needs more game repetitions.

“That has a lot to do with it,” he said. “There’s no better practice than what’s going on with him every Sunday or Thursday night. You cannot simulate what takes place on every play, the speed of that. I don’t care how you practice. You can’t simulate the things that go on during games. This is what he needs.”



http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/Mularkey-looking-for-Jaguars-to-finish-strong/f045bcfc-0ccd-466f-aa0f-8fd0c01bc1bd



Talk about a 180. You suck Mike.
_________________


TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21663
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
November 9th:


Quote:
Mularkey said a strong finish is still possible, and that so long as he is healthy, second-year veteran Blaine Gabbert will be the starting quarterback when that effort continues.

Mularkey said he doesn’t believe a quarterback change would provide a “spark.”

“I don’t think so, no,” Mularkey said. “Everybody’s got to play better – Blaine and everybody around him.”


Mularkey also said Gabbert needs more game repetitions.

“That has a lot to do with it,” he said. “There’s no better practice than what’s going on with him every Sunday or Thursday night. You cannot simulate what takes place on every play, the speed of that. I don’t care how you practice. You can’t simulate the things that go on during games. This is what he needs.”



http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/Mularkey-looking-for-Jaguars-to-finish-strong/f045bcfc-0ccd-466f-aa0f-8fd0c01bc1bd



Talk about a 180. You suck Mike.

Wait, what? Will Henne start sunday? WTF Mularkey.
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sadjag


Joined: 02 Mar 2012
Posts: 1128
Location: jax
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Mularkey sucks so bad.

His main goal when he took the Jaguars job was to fix Gabbert, now he's benching him after the 10th game when he's made strides this off-season/season and oh, let's not forget we're 1-9. It's not like Henne is going to propel us to the playoffs. Mularkey is not going to save his job with this move. Him and Gene are gone after the season, I'm 100% sure. The remaining 6 games were to evaluate Gabbert, now the rest of the season is about is about draft position.

Aside from Shad Khan, this whole franchise sucks right now. Can't wait for him to make sweeping changes this off-season.
Personally I feel like Gabbert's been evaluated.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21663
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw the date on the article you posted, KYDI, and what Mularkey said isn't relevant. Henne DID provide a spark, so now he's the starter. That simple.
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKillerNacho


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 9684
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said it from pre-season: Henne is better than Gabbert. Jaguars fans laughed at me then.

That being said, neither is the QB of the future for Jacksonville.
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group