Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Willis McGahee Out 6-8 Weeks with Torn MCL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand the rumors about Steve Slaton, aren't he and Ronnie Hillman the same type of player? Plus Hillman knows our offense.

I think this is actually a great opportunity for Knowshon. I think everyone - fans, the media, his teammates, the organization - have been frustrated with him since Mac drafted him but he has a chance now to prove himself. And now it counts, it's not a rebuilding team in 2009, it's a team dreams of playing in New Orleans on February 3, 2013.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh I think Knowshon is going to be the next man up. I don't even think it was Knowshon's running abillity that got him deactivated; it was those two whiffs in pass pro that nearly got Manning killed (that and he can't play Special Teams).

Knowshon has the ability to do a decent job filling, and will actually offer a little more in the passing game than McGahee. However, he is severely limited as a runner due to his lack of vision and lack of quickness in and out of his cuts.

MUFC OK
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope all 3 RBs can come in and contribute at what they do best and not try to become someone they aren't. Oh and they better hold on to the ball, fumbles hurt this team.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
I hope all 3 RBs can come in and contribute at what they do best and not try to become someone they aren't. Oh and they better hold on to the ball, fumbles hurt this team.[

I guess that is the bright side of this injury...McGahee won't be able to fumble away the ball like he had.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
I hope all 3 RBs can come in and contribute at what they do best and not try to become someone they aren't. Oh and they better hold on to the ball, fumbles hurt this team.[

I guess that is the bright side of this injury...McGahee won't be able to fumble away the ball like he had.

True... but Lance Ball gets to carry that torch. He plays Lanceball.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure Knowshon just gets handed the ball, honestly. In fact, I think it would fly in the face of everything Elway and Fox have done. Hillman and Ball will split until one of them looks incapable, then perhaps Knowshon will get his turn.

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee was put on IR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCUF

Confused

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best
JackedUP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This injury to Mcgahee hurts us more than most think it will. Guys Hillman isn't that good, no way we should have traded up to get him like we did...Im not impressed at all..I know he's a rookie and all but he has NO power and he really isn't even that fast in space from what I've seen...Im predicting this now, Knowshon is starting by the 2nd to last game and he ends up filling in well for Willis. He knows he needs to prove something or he might not be playing football anymore, he should come out hungry.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we make the AFC title game he could play possibly.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackedUP wrote:
This injury to Mcgahee hurts us more than most think it will. Guys Hillman isn't that good, no way we should have traded up to get him like we did...Im not impressed at all..I know he's a rookie and all but he has NO power and he really isn't even that fast in space from what I've seen...Im predicting this now, Knowshon is starting by the 2nd to last game and he ends up filling in well for Willis. He knows he needs to prove something or he might not be playing football anymore, he should come out hungry.

Oh, it is going to hurt us, no doubt. Peyton needs to carry the load now. Which - despite his HOF play - will be hard without an effective PA game. Ronnie and Knowshon have to step up. What Ball is best at is blitz pick-up. In terms of running game, he does not offer much. I agree that Moreno might be the dark horse to "save" the season. Hopefully he himself holds up physically. Ronnie, though, needs to learn fast. For the whole running back stable it is do or (Super Bowl dreams for this season) die now.

by Joe_is_the_best
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hillman gets way too much hate around here. If we get him running plays where he can go straight downhill, he'll do fine. When he dances around laterally, we have problems. I'm really not worried about our running game. Manning opens it up a lot. I think we'll be fine.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate. 1. Ronnie is a rookie and, disregarding his obvious learning process out there, 2. I like his effortless acceleration to the 2nd level. However, he does have to start hitting holes hard. In the meantime, until Hillman does that I actually think that Moreno is going to help us more.

by Joe_is_the_best
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to be a tough loss. Lance Ball and Knowshon are going to have to step up.

Im predicting Lance will start soon and we'll sign a FA in under 3 weeks because one of them gets hurt.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is going to be interesting to see who gets more playing time, Moreno or Ball. I would imagine it would be Ball, but Moreno will get some touches. He is playing for his job, so it will be interesting to see how he does.

Hillman is change of pace back, I don't think his touches will change.

Make no mistake, this does hurt our offense. Willis vision and pace is by far the best on the team. I don't any of the other backs will be picking up the type of yardage he did unless there are obvious holes/running lanes.
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 5:15 pm, simonwayne wrote:
Chiefs are taking this division. Mark my words fellas

On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 2:57 pm, simonwayne wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see KC 2-0 Denver this year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: