Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Chad Henne Era, graces us, FINALLY!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KhanYouDigIt


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 4707
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
So Henne earned his start because of his play, and starts no matter what Gabbert's injury status is, but Gabbert is still the starter when healthy?
I need answers.


10 days ago Mularkey said Gabbert is his guy. He said he needs to play better, everybody around him needs to play better and that he needed repetitions. Now he's turning to Henne based on his performance on Sunday...

Only 6 more games with this joke as our HC.
_________________


TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig


Last edited by KhanYouDigIt on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 35159
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
So he's basically doing the same thing here like he did in Buffalo with Losman/Holcomb and led to the GM getting fired? Nice.


Let's not act like Gene wasn't already on his way out though.

Take a mid-round guy this year.
Take another next year until this gets solved.

Who do you want the Jags to take? Dysert? Nassib?



Dysert wont make it to the third.
He is the most "pro-ready" developmental guy coming out.
I would take either him or Nassib in the third (Dysert in the second).

Internet rumor is we like Glennon.

I don't care who it is, as long as they have the potential to be the guy for more than 1 season.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45582
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Welp, if we don't draft a QB now, I'm going to be really upset.


Who? Who is worth the pick?
I'd rather address every other need and get a pass rusher now (when this is a building blocks draft) and roll with Blaine/Henne/Street FA in 2013, and try again in 2014, and have a great defense when we get a new QB.
I want whoever can be the man. Doesn't have to be the first pick of the draft, but someone. I watched Geno and came away really impressed, but that was before he had his little skid, so I'll have to keep looking.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 35159
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Welp, if we don't draft a QB now, I'm going to be really upset.


Who? Who is worth the pick?
I'd rather address every other need and get a pass rusher now (when this is a building blocks draft) and roll with Blaine/Henne/Street FA in 2013, and try again in 2014, and have a great defense when we get a new QB.
I want whoever can be the man. Doesn't have to be the first pick of the draft, but someone. I watched Geno and came away really impressed, but that was before he had his little skid, so I'll have to keep looking.


Geno is still that person.
But then you literally have a full draft of developmental guys afterwards.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21237
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:


Internet rumor is we like Glennon.

.

Please be true.
It'd be a big turnaround from Gabbert though, specifically on the looks scale.
_________________

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 41923
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOn't worry Khan I am here for you my love.
_________________


BBL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skaterbirdhouse


Moderator
Joined: 01 Feb 2007
Posts: 8603
Location: Jacksonville
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
skaterbirdhouse wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
-Munch- wrote:
I thought Gabbert was improving? Seems kind of odd to me. Kinda sad I was hoping to see a Gabbert/Locker game next week...

But is there any word on if MJD is going to play? Hopefully he sits out one more game


Maurice [probably] wont play.
Blaine has two bad arms/shoulders/elbows...I think this is Mike trying to save his job.
Also, Blaine was on pace for 3000 20:10


Where do you get that from?

His ESPN projections are 2,659 14/10, and that's with 450 attempts.


If you had projected out his stats for the first 9 games that is where he would have landed. Unfortunately for him he got injured yesterday so that lowered his stats as one more game passed lowering the projections.


I don't see how he gets six more TD's and no interceptions as a projection either way, though, that's my thing.


I'm not sure what your saying...that would've been 4 more INTs.

Before last week his stats were as follows:

Yards: 1638 TDs: 9 INT: 6

Project that over 16 games and you get:

Yards: 2912 TD: 16 INT: 11

Which is pretty close to what was stated. I'm pretty sure the OP is referring to projections I had posted before the INDY game which was this:

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
skaterbirdhouse wrote:
I know stats don't mean much but if you project Gabberts stats over the rest of the year he'll finish at:

2,858 Yds 18 Tds 10 INTs

Not Horrible considering all things.


And he's missed 4 quarters due to injuries.

Not bad, especially with how conservative we are.


Either way that is off but not as bad as the current ESPN projections.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. V


Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 2697
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The rest of the season is not about evaluating Blaine, itís about finishing strong" - Mularkey
_________________

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KhanYouDigIt


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 4707
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
"The rest of the season is not about evaluating Blaine, itís about finishing strong" - Mularkey


Laughing

Sorry Blaine, you got screwed.
_________________


TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sadjag


Joined: 02 Mar 2012
Posts: 1111
Location: jax
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
green24 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
So he's basically doing the same thing here like he did in Buffalo with Losman/Holcomb and led to the GM getting fired? Nice.


Let's not act like Gene wasn't already on his way out though.

Take a mid-round guy this year.
Take another next year until this gets solved.

Who do you want the Jags to take? Dysert? Nassib?



Dysert wont make it to the third.
He is the most "pro-ready" developmental guy coming out.
I would take either him or Nassib in the third (Dysert in the second).

Internet rumor is we like Glennon.

I don't care who it is, as long as they have the potential to be the guy for more than 1 season.
I'm starting too really like Nassib. He's got a heck of a fastball.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mesa_Titan


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 55524
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skaterbirdhouse wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
skaterbirdhouse wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
-Munch- wrote:
I thought Gabbert was improving? Seems kind of odd to me. Kinda sad I was hoping to see a Gabbert/Locker game next week...

But is there any word on if MJD is going to play? Hopefully he sits out one more game


Maurice [probably] wont play.
Blaine has two bad arms/shoulders/elbows...I think this is Mike trying to save his job.
Also, Blaine was on pace for 3000 20:10


Where do you get that from?

His ESPN projections are 2,659 14/10, and that's with 450 attempts.


If you had projected out his stats for the first 9 games that is where he would have landed. Unfortunately for him he got injured yesterday so that lowered his stats as one more game passed lowering the projections.


I don't see how he gets six more TD's and no interceptions as a projection either way, though, that's my thing.


I'm not sure what your saying...that would've been 4 more INTs.

Before last week his stats were as follows:

Yards: 1638 TDs: 9 INT: 6

Project that over 16 games and you get:

Yards: 2912 TD: 16 INT: 11

Which is pretty close to what was stated. I'm pretty sure the OP is referring to projections I had posted before the INDY game which was this:

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
skaterbirdhouse wrote:
I know stats don't mean much but if you project Gabberts stats over the rest of the year he'll finish at:

2,858 Yds 18 Tds 10 INTs

Not Horrible considering all things.


And he's missed 4 quarters due to injuries.

Not bad, especially with how conservative we are.


Either way that is off but not as bad as the current ESPN projections.


Ok that makes more sense.

Thanks for clearing that up.
_________________

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DuvalsKing


Joined: 15 Nov 2011
Posts: 217
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaine screwed his self by being Captain Check down when clearly by Henne's performance yesterday against one of the best defense's in the league, on their home field he put up great numbers, I've supported Blaine but he is just not the answer. Neither is Geno Smith nor is Matt Barkley the best thing to do is build everything else on the team defensive talent and o-line talent and go with what we have at quarterback our shipped has sailed on getting a elite qb through the draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KhanYouDigIt


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 4707
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
DOn't worry Khan I am here for you my love.


<3
_________________


TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45582
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody have the yards after catch numbers for this game? I'm guessing there was nearly 200, but I'd like an accurate number if anyone has it.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KhanYouDigIt


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 4707
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm Gene, I'm pissed the guy I hired to develop the QB I traded up for in 2011 is benching him 10 games into his 2nd season. This move definitely distances Mularkey from Gene.

Gene drafted Blaine/Hired Mularkey. Mularkey benches Gabbert.


Shad even said they're tied at the hip during the introductory PC.


This off-season is going to be fun.
_________________


TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group