Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week Twelve: Falcons (9-1) at Buccaneers (6-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
Leo Johnson's failure to tackle Julio Jones, Ahmad Black's hold, and not going for it on that last 4th and 7 and instead opting for the field goal really killed us.

Props to Underwood though, he played well. Biggers might have played one of his best games ever, too.

Well, if Underwood catches that 3rd down before Barth's miss, we probably score 7 on that drive and likely win. But he did play well though.

Um I think ur mixed up. Underwoods drop led to 3 instead of extending the drive. Freeman over threw underwood who was open on the next drive that led to the miss.
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
BBando wrote:
Won't expect much when Leonard Johnson and Danny Gorrer as our starting CBs.

Unfortunately the secondary is the achilles heel, not very deep and extremely inexperienced. I'm not sure adding more youth with high picks is the answer for next year. I would rather see some vets in free agency.
We need to trade up and get the best CB coming out this year, Xaiver Rhodes. Hopefully, he runs like a 4.5 at the combine and his stock doesn't move any higher. But yeah, some seasoned vets would help this team out badly. We need a big physical CB in the worst way b/c I can't stomach Jones torching us every year. This has been a habitual thing ever since he has been drafted.
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
Leo Johnson's failure to tackle Julio Jones, Ahmad Black's hold, and not going for it on that last 4th and 7 and instead opting for the field goal really killed us.

Props to Underwood though, he played well. Biggers might have played one of his best games ever, too.

Well, if Underwood catches that 3rd down before Barth's miss, we probably score 7 on that drive and likely win. But he did play well though.

Um I think ur mixed up. Underwoods drop led to 3 instead of extending the drive. Freeman over threw underwood who was open on the next drive that led to the miss.

You're right. But my point still stands.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Hate Me wrote:
Both John Lynch and Jermaine Phillips struggled mightily early in their careers.

Thank you. I know he was a top 10 pick but I don't get why people are being so hard on Barron. I know he could be doing better but he is a rookie. Top 10 rookies are still rookies. Look at Claiborne, or most rookie DBs ever. How's Stephon Gilmore doing?

He's going to struggle, not step in immediately and be a pro-bowl safety.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sucks guys but look at the bigger picture. Do you think that the Falcons can really do this in the playoffs?

They'll lose again. Have no pass rush, older corners....

We need to get more corners, a slot WR, a FS to replace Ronde(unless he keeps playing FOREVER) and some pass rush help....

You think we struggle to run like that with Nicks and Joesph?! Keep up the tough play...that's all I want

Last edited by bucstopshere on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
BBando

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pay Dashon Goldson so much money.
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
It sucks guys but look at the bigger picture. Do you think that the Falcons can really do this in the playoffs?

Yep, Atlanta will get stuck playing the Bears/Packers and get absolutely throttled.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:

We need to get more corners, a slot WR, a FS to replace Ronde(unless he keeps playing FOREVER) and some pass rush help....

You think we struggle to run like that with Nicks and Joesph?! Keep up the tough
Nah, I don't care for the Falcons too much. Regular season champs is their MO. They played next to nobody this year but you can't fault them for that. As you said, their flaws are going to KILL them in the playoffs. When they run into a team like the Packers, Giants, or possibly the Seahawks it'll be a different story.

5 NFC losses - means we can't lose to New Orleans, ATL, or PHI. IIRC, conference record is the first thing for a tie breaker.
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
He Hate Me wrote:
Both John Lynch and Jermaine Phillips struggled mightily early in their careers.

Thank you. I know he was a top 10 pick but I don't get why people are being so hard on Barron. I know he could be doing better but he is a rookie. Top 10 rookies are still rookies. Look at Claiborne, or most rookie DBs ever. How's Stephon Gilmore doing?

I am hard on Barron because he was terrible today. He did nothing right on the field. His technique on that third down run Rogers had for 6, was terrible. He let a WR to allow him to not contain outside. I can understand coverage faults for a rookie safety but run defense, you gotta be able to bring something. Geez

I didn't even point out the missed open field tackles that occurred today.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
He Hate Me wrote:

I am hard on Barron because he was terrible today. He did nothing right on the field. His technique on that third down run Rogers had for 6, was terrible. He let a WR to allow him to not contain outside. I can understand coverage faults for a rookie safety but run defense, you gotta be able to bring something. Geez

I didn't even point out the missed open field tackles that occurred today.

I'm not defending his play, so go ahead and say what you want. I'm saying that he is a rookie and this is to be expected. If you didn't expect Barron to struggle, then I don't really know what to say.

It's frustrating that it happened today and that he played better games earlier in the season instead of today, but it happens.
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:

I'm not defending his play, so go ahead and say what you want. I'm saying that he is a rookie and this is to be expected. If you didn't expect Barron to struggle, then I don't really know what to say.

It's frustrating that it happened today and that he played better games earlier in the season instead of today, but it happens.

True. Its just soooo hard to see Barron play the way he is playing after you see the sure-tackling David make play, after play. And then, knowing Barron is capable of playing well like David is doing its just hard to watch. Like missed tackles for an example, rookie or not, you have to be able to bring people down.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

True. Its just soooo hard to see Barron play the way he is playing after you see the sure-tackling David make play, after play. And then, knowing Barron is capable of playing well like David is doing its just hard to watch. Like missed tackles for an example, rookie or not, you have to be able to bring people down.

Agreed. At the same time though, David is only making tackles. He only has 1 pass defended let alone an INT, and this is from a LB who is always on the field. So he has room for improvement too.

Barron and David are very young. So is Biggers, Foster, McCoy, Bowers, Clayborn (when he is back), Miller, Leo Johnson, Ahmad Black and a slew of corners that are on the field from time to time.

Outside of Barber and Wright, there is really no one on this defense with experience. Miller and Biggers are the next eldest. So they will stay young for awhile, but the good news is there is plenty of room to grow.
tech2186

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

Yep, Atlanta will get stuck playing the Bears/Packers and get absolutely throttled.

HAHAHA Good game guys

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

HAHAHA Good game guys

You're not that good. This was the first team you played with a winning record all year.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need New Orleans to lose. Go niners!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 27 of 29

Jump to: