Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week Twelve: Falcons (9-1) at Buccaneers (6-4)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Week Twelve: Falcons (9-1) at Buccaneers (6-4) Reply with quote

Getting an early start on this thread because it's such an important game...

Atlanta is the top dog in the NFC. They have looked shaky these last few weeks, but good teams win the ugly ones and they have done that. Matt Ryan is an MVP candidate and their defense is holding opposing offenses to less than 20 points a game.

We are right in the thick of the WC hunt, but we still have road games against Denver, New Orleans and Atlanta left on our schedule. If we are going to make a serious playoff push we need to take this one at home.

Coming off of an emotional come from behind victory it doesn't get any easier this week.

This is a statement game.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
BBando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRD must be happy starting this up on a Monday. I better have Internet by this Sunday or something will go down.

garbage
RB4TampaBay

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Week Twelve: Falcons (9-1) at Buccaneers (6-4) Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
Getting an early start on this thread because it's such an important game...

Atlanta is the top dog in the NFC. They have looked shaky these last few weeks, but good teams win the ugly ones and they have done that. Matt Ryan is an MVP candidate and their defense is holding opposing offenses to less than 20 points a game.

We are right in the thick of the WC hunt, but we still have road games against Denver, New Orleans and Atlanta left on our schedule. If we are going to make a serious playoff push we need to take this one at home.

Coming off of an emotional come from behind victory it doesn't get any easier this week.

This is a statement game.

How right you are. We are beginning to get people's attention, but if we pull out a win against the Falcons we will most certainly be in the wild card conversation after that. With a win like that we would be sending a statement to everyone that we are not afraid of any team, we would suddenly be looking like the "other force" in the NFC south.

I should think that we may have a chance of a sellout for this game and not having this game blacked out.....we shall see. Wink
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Week Twelve: Falcons (9-1) at Buccaneers (6-4) Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
DRD must be happy starting this up on a Monday. I better have Internet by this Sunday or something will go down.

Laughing

We haven't had an important game like this in a while. Falcons games are always a dogfight. I'm definitely excited about this one.

RB4TampaBay wrote:
How right you are. We are beginning to get people's attention, but if we pull out a win against the Falcons we will most certainly be in the wild card conversation after that. With a win like that we would be sending a statement to everyone that we are not afraid of any team, we would suddenly be looking like the "other force" in the NFC south.

I should think that we may have a chance of a sellout for this game and not having this game blacked out.....we shall see. Wink

Ray Jay better be rocking on Sunday!

tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Ryan doesn't scare me, he's pretty unimpressive. Their weapons do scare me though. All he has to do is get the ball to those guys and we're in trouble. Our passing D stinks at best, and they have the guys to wreck us big time. Our pass rush will have to step up.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a huge game. If we manage to pull this one out, I'll be unbelievably happy. But we just got through the easiest stretch of the season, and the road gets much tougher from here on out. If we can go 4-2 through this stretch, that would be great and probably enough for a wild card. So taking this game is extremely important.

I really think and hope this game won't be blacked out. With it being such a big game, I'm sure at least 85% of the stadium will be filled. I initially had planned to go to this game with some family at the beginning of the year, but financial setbacks caused us to cancel the plans. It's kind of a bummer too since it ended up becoming such a high-stakes game. Maybe next year...

Anyway, if Freeman takes care of the ball, Martin tears it up, and the defense can get some takeaways, we have a shot. Everybody needs to be on their game Sunday.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right you are DRD. This is a BIG one

I think we can get them. Freeman has to play like he did at the end of the game though, not the beginning....

Martin should have a nice day. They haven't had a run grading team come at them yet, and the Saints ran ALL over them

They will easily score 28 points though. We just gotta score 29 lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just imagine Myron Lewis vs Julio Jones. Eh? Shhh Anxious

garbage
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our secondary is going to get eaten alive, I will not be surprised if Matt Ryan posts up career high yards or touchdowns....or both.

It will be like the Giants game but with more yards, and less interceptions(and yes I know Ryan threw 5 last game but I highly doubt he will put up this kind of performance again).

And I want to say we can win this one if our offense keeps rolling...but after last game it seems like it slowed down a lot.

Honest guess..
Falcons:42
Bucs:31
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
Just imagine Myron Lewis vs Julio Jones. Eh? Shhh Anxious

Julio Jones may not even play.

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/falcons/2012/11/19/3665558/nfl-injury-report-falcons-week-11

Asante Samuel is banged up too.

bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any idea or anyone hear anything about Gaitor?

Sure could use ANYONE out there

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be the game of the week. I honestly don't know what to expect. Our defensive line has potential to make it very hard for the Falcons pass game which should help our secondary out. How our offensive line play will dictate our success on moving the ball. I think it'll be a tight one, probably 24-28 or 31-28. We're rolling on a hot streak lets see if we can keep it going so I'm not counting us out. Anytime you have a top 10 offense, your essential always going to be in games. We need Johnson and Le'Quan Lewis to play their A+ game. Gonzo will be matched up with Barber but I dunno what the CB's match-ups will play out.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Hawley suspended for 4 weeks....

This might be McCoy's breakthrough game

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can rattle Ryan, the same way Arizona just did this week, we have a good chance. Their run game doesn't scare me at all, but we need to be aggressive in our attempts to stop the passing game from developing.

On offense, we need to get the running game going early to keep our options open. Mike Nolan is a great defensive coordinator, and if we let him, he will make us one-dimensional. This game would be huge for us.

^Props to eggybucsfan31 for the sig ^
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the most important game we've played in years. If we win, we stay in the WC hunt... and we might even make it on Sportscenter. Laughing

They've got weapons, we've got squat to stop 'em. McCoy better be talking to the coaches this week 'cause the only way we stop Matty Ice from throwing for 500 yards is if we can get after him consistently.

Offensively, we've gotta get Dougie goin' early. Then we can mix in our PA bombs.

I haven't been this excited for a game in some time now.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 10 Games | 115 Tackles (14 for loss) | 2 PDs | 2 FFs | 1 FR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 1 of 29

Jump to: