Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami Mock Draft Trade Down
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
PhinFan52 wrote:
I posted this on another thread... but if this was our O-Line next season.. I'd be a happy-camper........

Barrett Jones ..LT.. 6'5" 311

Andy Levitre.. LG.. 6'2" 302

Mike Pouncey.. C.. 6'5" 303

Omoregie Uzzi.. RG.. 6'3" 300

J. Martin .. RT.. 6'5" 312
Andy levitre my number 1 wish list in free agency. Young athletic and a premier pass blocking G.

...and what are the odds he gets out of Buffalo? Laughing
I think they "tag" Byrd .. I belive Levitre could be had...
phinmun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhinFan52 wrote:
phinmun wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
PhinFan52 wrote:
I posted this on another thread... but if this was our O-Line next season.. I'd be a happy-camper........

Andy levitre my number 1 wish list in free agency. Young athletic and a premier pass blocking G.

Hey, it's makes sense for us but they'd be just plain dumb to let that happen.

Are we that lucky?

We're not that lucky. Laughing
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
PhinFan52 wrote:
phinmun wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
PhinFan52 wrote:

Hey, it's makes sense for us but they'd be just plain dumb to let that happen.

Are we that lucky?

We're not that lucky. Laughing

I agree the bills "shouldn't" let him go.. but they have needs.. resign Byrd .. a backup QB ... I just think if WE get to Levitre EARLY and show we WANT him.. not a B.S. offer.. IMO biggest mistake we make it lowball guys we "say" we want.....
phinmun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhinFan52 wrote:

I agree the bills "shouldn't" let him go.. but they have needs.. resign Byrd .. a backup QB ... I just think if WE get to Levitre EARLY and show we WANT him.. not a B.S. offer.. IMO biggest mistake we make it lowball guys we "say" we want.....

I've been of the mindset that big FAs are not where our future lies...it appears that Levitre is about 26 though so it's certainly something I'd entertain. We could certainly speed up the process of fixing the O-line if we were able to acquire him although it would be costly.

We can't expect 2 rookies (let alone 3) to start together on the O-line, which is the real problem. If we lose Long, we're looking at somehow putting 3 new guys on the O-line which means you have to go get something proven and more reliable than a rookie.

I'm worried enough about how crazy it would be to get 2 young guys on the line. It's not like Jonathan Martin has been playing lights out. He's been very inconsistent. I honestly don't want to put more than 1 rookie on this O-line next year.

This is why resigning Long is a complex matter I think.
Clutch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami fanbase is exactly like Roman Abramovich (Chelsea Soccer Club). Fickle. What have you done for me lately.
Bring in FA's, that will win us titles, you had one bad play buh bye,

this team is a contender, this team sucks

i wanna win every game, we won't win another game

RyanT is a 17 year starter, time to think about drafting another qb

hartline HAS to be resigned, is he even a 3rd WR

I like Clay, lets draft Eifert

our Oline has been dominant, lets get rid of 4 of them

we have to sign Reggie, give Miller more carries

love the WC offense, playcalling has been terrible

Starks could be tagged, let him walk

Wake has lost a step, he is an elite DE

We're rebuilding, we should win now

(My personal fave) Fireland, his drafts aren't too bad, he's pretty good, Fireland.

Round and round we go. These are just a few of the 'weekly', if not play by play comments. If I was a FA, no way I come here.

This is exactly like Statler and Waldorf. Check it out. Start at 8:34 and watch for about 1 minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bj6ekG8XNo&feature=related

This is exactly us, the fanbase.
phinmun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clutch wrote:
Miami fanbase is exactly like Roman Abramovich (Chelsea Soccer Club). Fickle. What have you done for me lately.
Bring in FA's, that will win us titles, you had one bad play buh bye,

this team is a contender, this team sucks

i wanna win every game, we won't win another game

RyanT is a 17 year starter, time to think about drafting another qb

hartline HAS to be resigned, is he even a 3rd WR

I like Clay, lets draft Eifert

our Oline has been dominant, lets get rid of 4 of them

we have to sign Reggie, give Miller more carries

love the WC offense, playcalling has been terrible

Starks could be tagged, let him walk

Wake has lost a step, he is an elite DE

We're rebuilding, we should win now

(My personal fave) Fireland, his drafts aren't too bad, he's pretty good, Fireland.

Round and round we go. These are just a few of the 'weekly', if not play by play comments. If I was a FA, no way I come here.

This is exactly like Statler and Waldorf. Check it out. Start at 8:34 and watch for about 1 minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bj6ekG8XNo&feature=related

This is exactly us, the fanbase.

See, you're actually entirely wrong.

That's the way this forum is because we're looking at each of these individual prospects who are constantly flashing potential and then sinking back down. From that up-and-down though, some guys become great and some guys wind up unemployed because they suck.

It's everyone's job here to add to the discussion by trying to project who's part of the future we want and who's not doing anything for us.

The fanbase wants Ireland gone and doesn't know a damn thing about the roster or the inherent problems it present. It doesn't make sense when people insult this forum, especially when they are repeat posters themselves, participating in these same discussion.

So you post 1000 different opinions from 1000 different people and act like the forum (a group of posters) is somehow wrong for having differing opinions. Well, that's what happens. Some guys like player A. Some guys don't.

To make matters worse, the jury is still out on most of these guys so it's basically whatever case you can make against whatever case I can make.

And if you are afraid of conversing then there's of course no point to be online in the first place.

I'm not the only person who's getting sick of people coming into this forum and insulting the other posters because they are willing to discuss both positive and negative attributes and are willing to let their opinions float freely back and forth as more and more information is gathered week to week.

We're not talking about something where there's a clear right answer. We're talking about something we each one of us (based on our history and knowledge) has to project where we think these players will wind up.

Merc and I might disagree slightly on Sean Smith but I respect his opinion because of 1 simple fact: he has a vision just like I do. In his vision, Sean Smith is more valuable than in mine. That's alright. Who's to sit here and say who's right?

That's what we're debating!

Right now, Egnew is supposedly a waste. And hypothetically what if he comes in week 17 and catches 5 balls for 80 yards? Are we not allowed to adjust our views on the kid?

Are you going to insinuate people who cast him off are dumb?

See, it's just pointless when we blame each other for the failures of the franchise. I don't know the coaches or the GM so I can only respond with my own views based on what is presented week to week which means sometimes we'll look like we're headed in the right direction and sometimes not.

When the team takes 9 qtrs to score a TD and people say it's part of the process, I'm going to have a discussion with them about what kind of process that is and I'm going to do what any rational person would do who saw this team have success early on. I'm going to ask questions...

What's changed?
What's stopping us?
Is it pass protection?
Is it QB play?
Is it WR limitation?
Are the play-calls not helping us?

It's okay to speak what you think.

This is only an internet forum and until some of you guys admit that and start realizing that it's pointless to come in here and chastise other fans like they are controlling the franchise, then you're just going to be part of the problem, too...

...a group of fans that can't even get along with each other.
Clutch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhinM, go check the threads, read some of the pages. Then come reread what you and I wrote.

Telling you bro, these thoughts are from the same posters. Not different guys taking a stance and sticking to it. This forum, tweets, other forums. Its all the same with Fins fans.

You are making my point for me. Example: Jake Long, Sean Smith. Long, perennial pro bowler, now let him walk for nothing is the sentiment. You realize this isn't the norm ANYWHERE to let a pro bowler walk and roll the dice on a rookie or FA LT, right.

Sean Smith, gives up a couple plays and all of sudden there is the Smith sucks crowd. Could they be having a bad year? Could it be the adjustment of learning a new Offense/Defense? Nope, they are getting worse because (enter excuse, injuries etc).

Its everywhere. Seriously everywhere. Don't make more excuses. I read what you are saying, however, check a gameday thread. We are getting shutdown by Buffalo, and I mean shutdown, all of sudden we have two chances at the end to pull it out. Read the pages of what we need to do in the offseason. Games not even over.

IF RyanT pulls it out, sure we know we need to add pieces, but it changes everything. And that is what is so tiring about this.

How bout 'the season is over' comments. No its not. Things change game to game in the NFL. 'Lets get a better pick and tank' - picks bust all the time, high and low.

Not going to go any further, just saying that it gets old. Everyone should have known we were in a new system with a new coach and rebuilding. Early success gets everyone hyped up and then when the reality stick hits us over the head, we start slamming players. Not everyone has a career year every year.
phinmun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clutch wrote:
PhinM, go check the threads, read some of the pages. Then come reread what you and I wrote.

Telling you bro, these thoughts are from the same posters. Not different guys taking a stance and sticking to it. This forum, tweets, other forums. Its all the same with Fins fans.

You are making my point for me. Example: Jake Long, Sean Smith. Long, perennial pro bowler, now let him walk for nothing is the sentiment. You realize this isn't the norm ANYWHERE to let a pro bowler walk and roll the dice on a rookie or FA LT, right.

Sean Smith, gives up a couple plays and all of sudden there is the Smith sucks crowd. Could they be having a bad year? Could it be the adjustment of learning a new Offense/Defense? Nope, they are getting worse because (enter excuse, injuries etc).

Its everywhere. Seriously everywhere. Don't make more excuses. I read what you are saying, however, check a gameday thread. We are getting shutdown by Buffalo, and I mean shutdown, all of sudden we have two chances at the end to pull it out. Read the pages of what we need to do in the offseason. Games not even over.

IF RyanT pulls it out, sure we know we need to add pieces, but it changes everything. And that is what is so tiring about this.

How bout 'the season is over' comments. No its not. Things change game to game in the NFL. 'Lets get a better pick and tank' - picks bust all the time, high and low.

Not going to go any further, just saying that it gets old. Everyone should have known we were in a new system with a new coach and rebuilding. Early success gets everyone hyped up and then when the reality stick hits us over the head, we start slamming players. Not everyone has a career year every year.

No, no, no.

I don't see guys slamming players. No on is slamming players. You have to respect a forum's openness though and admit that people (like me) have the right to describe what I see and openly criticize where I see mistakes being made.

For example, you could say harsh criticism is a bad thing but I could come right back at you and say you're being delusional and refusing to admit the failures we see right in front of us.

You know something I remember from 2007? I remember how delusional we all were in thinking our roster was pretty good in areas where (looking back) it was terrible. We were sitting here saying that with Yeremiah Bell, Channing Crowder and Joey Porter that our defense would be awesome.

You know what I realize now? None of those players are that good.

There were people (after his injuries) talking about Ronnie Brown being a top-5 RB? WHAT?!?!?!? Maybe in the draft. Not in anything else. At that time there were a dozen other RBs I'd have prefered in terms of physical ability. Hell, Tomlinson was tearing up the league at the time and we were comparing Ronnie Brown to him. And you want to talk about us now being sad and unrealistic! Laughing

Right now, we see a lot of the same thing. It's great that Marlon Moore catches a pass now and again but to list him amongst the depth at WR is a joke. The guys sucks. I'm sorry, I wouldn't say it to his face, but it's the simple truth. The fact I know his name, doesn't make him a great asset.

That's where the confusion is with fans. They get so into the details that they lose track of the big picture and they start to think that the Kevin Burnetts of the world are on the same level as the Karlos Dansbys. It's not. Dansby is head and shoulders above any LB we have. His instincts clearly separate him and you can see it every week.

If you think Jake Long is a pro-bowler this year, then you're being unrealistic and you aren't confronting the issue of paying a 'solid' guy, elite money.

That's the hall-mark of a bad team. Even teams like us who need talent can't go around burning money like that. It's just not good business. The Texans are a bad example, but look at how they let Mario Williams go when his value got to be too high. We face the same challenge but have our hands tied because of our lack of talent. There's really no difference at all.

Sean Smith is the same case. I love the guy. He's smart. He's funny. He's a good man-to-man CB but we don't need those types of guys and we certainly don't need someone who has consistency issues and other issues with dropping balls.

Dolphinologist has honestly been the only voice of harsh criticism on Jake Long. Every else has either been supportive, cautiously optimistic or like me, worried that we might have to resign him simply based on our other needs.

I have been the only voice of harsh criticism on Sean Smith. I've been the one pointing out his mistakes and how he doesn't seem to fit our scheme. I think it's a problem to hand big money to a guy who doesn't give you big production and really doesn't even play a premier position anyway. Cover-2 corners are not exactly the league's elite. Guys like Tracy Porter and Brent Grimes (who are FAs this year) would be better for us based on the skills we want.

You can't take this me-against-the-forum mentality which is what you're doing when you basically point out how silly the forum is. Well, when you take 1000 different opinions, they're not all going to align I don't think.

Here's your chance. Convince me to think otherwise of Sean Smith and/or Jake Long.

If you don't see enough voices of reason, become one. Right? That's been my motto these last few months.
Clutch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your ego bro. Read an online newspaper 'comments', read a game day thread, follow reporters on twitter, dolphin fans are play to play.

The threads are here, go read em.

I dont really care what u say, the proof is in the pudding.

Didn't say pay Jake elite money, he'll get his.
I've seen talk about how good Martin was after two weeks, he is now a liability and needs to go. How bout he's a rookie?
Smith could be paid #2 CB money. Let him walk and pay someone elses garbage? Why?

Read it, it's right there. Not attacking posters, it's us the fanbase as a whole, has been for a long time now.
phinmun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clutch wrote:
Check your ego bro. Read an online newspaper 'comments', read a game day thread, follow reporters on twitter, dolphin fans are play to play.

I've seen talk about how good Martin was after two weeks, he is now a liability and needs to go. How bout he's a rookie?
Smith could be paid #2 CB money. Let him walk and pay someone elses garbage? Why?

Read it, it's right there. Not attacking posters, it's us the fanbase as a whole, has been for a long time now.

See, I can't agree when you're using such hyperbole.

Hyperbole is what people are taught to debate with in high school. Don't argue with intellectual ideas but rather talk as though your opponent is crazy. That's just disrespectful and quite frankly it's not very 'adult.' It's the sad reality of internet posting but I have to say I think you're carrying that forward here.

Let me explain my point:

There's a difference between commenting on bad play and saying a player needs to be replaced. Martin played well during the opening weeks but has since played to a much lower level.

It's okay to say that. But if you're unable to separate that thought from the thought that has Martin getting replaced, your going to be stuck in an entirely grey world where you've only have a black and a white crayon.

It's not fair to other people to bend their viewpoints and it's not going to lead to constructive debate anywhere because when you do that, you're no longer arguing the person, you're arguing a viewpoint you actually created yourself.

You're suggesting that there's a huge majority of people that think Jake Long is the worst LT in the league or that Sean Smith is the worst CB in the league or that Martin went from All-Pro to dumpster fire in a few weeks.

That's hyperbole and it's not true.

And to say that 1 fanbase is entirely different than another is just not statistically smart. Our fans are no different than any others. But what's even more important, is that laying the blame for a bad franchise on its fans is just evil.

I admit the team has been bad, but to say it's because of bad fans is just abhorrent. I'm appalled that someone would think that about honest, hard-working Americans that are simply wishing to see a quality product being put on the field when they subscribe to these expensive packages to see football on Sunday.

You sound like someone who's seen enough of a bad team which I can relate too. But I should also remind you as a fellow poster that at no point did any of us in here create the problem out there. We--sadly--just pay to see it happen.

Be real, calling out fans is low. They don't coach players, they don't sign players and they have little impact on the football operations side of the franchise.

In general, I think posts like yours above fall in the category of "if you don't have anything nice to say..." but I'd amend that to encourage negative posts to directly cite what they're talking about and to directly call out those they feel are speaking wrongly.

I'm insulted personally when people simply lump "the forum" together and make posts about how it and the fanbase are problematic.

If it's problematic, then be a solution. Complaining is annoying and it's what creates bad vibes and drives good, open-minded, civil people away and leaves us here with the dreggs--the negative, the cynical, the bitter.

I have to admit, I've about written enough in here because I'm not going to continue posting to encourage respect and civility.

I shouldn't have to do that.

No one should.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean smith gave up 4 catches for 60 yards against buffalo and all i read was he sucks and needs to go, news flash i will take that game every week. There is truth it changes from week to week in this forum on players its annoying.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
Sean smith gave up 4 catches for 60 yards against buffalo and all i read was he sucks and needs to go, news flash i will take that game every week. There is truth it changes from week to week in this forum on players its annoying.

While I don't feel Sean Smith sucks as a CB, I do feel part of his play as a CB absolutely sucks. He frustrates me to no end to watch how he has adequate and even great position on a Receiver, at times just blanketing the guy, and the ball will appear to be thrown late and both Smith and the Reciever are just waiting......and Smith will usually even tower over the Receiver in height....yet Smith will make no play on the ball usually just standing in the same spot or perhaps even jumping out of the way on occassion to permit the Receiver to make the play, LoL.

This happens nearly once every other game. It's like there's something wrong with Smith's vision and he can't track the ball or something.......as if he's losing sight of the ball in that final tenth of a second when it's within range to make a play.

Every now and then, right when he's in position to do something great, Smith takes himself out of the play in what always looks like an awkward display of goofism.

Don't take this the wrong way.....I don't want to cut the guy.....but I do think we need to spend a high pick on a CB next draft to pair with him for next season.
Clutch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
Clutch wrote:

See, I can't agree when you're using such hyperbole.

Hyperbole is what people are taught to debate with in high school. Don't argue with intellectual ideas but rather talk as though your opponent is crazy. That's just disrespectful and quite frankly it's not very 'adult.' It's the sad reality of internet posting but I have to say I think you're carrying that forward here.

Let me explain my point:

There's a difference between commenting on bad play and saying a player needs to be replaced. Martin played well during the opening weeks but has since played to a much lower level.

It's okay to say that. But if you're unable to separate that thought from the thought that has Martin getting replaced, your going to be stuck in an entirely grey world where you've only have a black and a white crayon.

It's not fair to other people to bend their viewpoints and it's not going to lead to constructive debate anywhere because when you do that, you're no longer arguing the person, you're arguing a viewpoint you actually created yourself.

You're suggesting that there's a huge majority of people that think Jake Long is the worst LT in the league or that Sean Smith is the worst CB in the league or that Martin went from All-Pro to dumpster fire in a few weeks.

That's hyperbole and it's not true.

And to say that 1 fanbase is entirely different than another is just not statistically smart. Our fans are no different than any others. But what's even more important, is that laying the blame for a bad franchise on its fans is just evil.

I admit the team has been bad, but to say it's because of bad fans is just abhorrent. I'm appalled that someone would think that about honest, hard-working Americans that are simply wishing to see a quality product being put on the field when they subscribe to these expensive packages to see football on Sunday.

You sound like someone who's seen enough of a bad team which I can relate too. But I should also remind you as a fellow poster that at no point did any of us in here create the problem out there. We--sadly--just pay to see it happen.

Be real, calling out fans is low. They don't coach players, they don't sign players and they have little impact on the football operations side of the franchise.

In general, I think posts like yours above fall in the category of "if you don't have anything nice to say..." but I'd amend that to encourage negative posts to directly cite what they're talking about and to directly call out those they feel are speaking wrongly.

I'm insulted personally when people simply lump "the forum" together and make posts about how it and the fanbase are problematic.

If it's problematic, then be a solution. Complaining is annoying and it's what creates bad vibes and drives good, open-minded, civil people away and leaves us here with the dreggs--the negative, the cynical, the bitter.

I have to admit, I've about written enough in here because I'm not going to continue posting to encourage respect and civility.

I shouldn't have to do that.

No one should.

Not debating, not attacking. That is fact. As another poster put it 60 yards Smith gives up and its time to get a new sheriff.

Jake Long has given up 3 sacks this season, one of which I know was last weekend when the guy rushing Martin, Merrimen I believe, got the pressure, Tanne steps up and Jakes guy (who was well blocked) peels back towards the line of scrimmage and cleans up. Its a sack folks.

Sean Smith has probably had 90% great games. But because he hasn't caught the ball, he needs to take a paycut to stay here.

Jon Martin, no mention of him for the first few weeks, that is a good thing. Now he is being beaten on alot of plays. He is a rookie. It takes time. But alot of posters are saying we need 4 new olineman and for sure 3. Can tell you folks, annual turnover on the Oline doesn't build a strong Oline. Ova can possibly comment, maybe I am wrong. I would have thought, and have been told, that continuity is the key. Yes you need talent.

Hartline - Pro Bowl after 6 weeks, now what?

Wake - High Motor? Really Phinmun? How bout talented player. How bout that when the other team is up it is harder to get sacks because they dictate the playcalling. When the fins are in a lead, Wake becomes a bigger factor.

I'm going to stop. It is what it is. But I am not attacking a forum. This comes from Fins fans everywhere. Twitter, Herald, Sun S, Here.

You are right, opinions can change. But some of this is just emotional play to play talk. Others want to throw away talented players and then point at Welker etc and say why?

Carry on.
phinmun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clutch wrote:

Not debating, not attacking. That is fact. As another poster put it 60 yards Smith gives up and its time to get a new sheriff.

Jake Long has given up 3 sacks this season, one of which I know was last weekend when the guy rushing Martin, Merrimen I believe, got the pressure, Tanne steps up and Jakes guy (who was well blocked) peels back towards the line of scrimmage and cleans up. Its a sack folks.

Sean Smith has probably had 90% great games. But because he hasn't caught the ball, he needs to take a paycut to stay here.

Jon Martin, no mention of him for the first few weeks, that is a good thing. Now he is being beaten on alot of plays. He is a rookie. It takes time. But alot of posters are saying we need 4 new olineman and for sure 3. Can tell you folks, annual turnover on the Oline doesn't build a strong Oline. Ova can possibly comment, maybe I am wrong. I would have thought, and have been told, that continuity is the key. Yes you need talent.

Hartline - Pro Bowl after 6 weeks, now what?

Wake - High Motor? Really Phinmun? How bout talented player. How bout that when the other team is up it is harder to get sacks because they dictate the playcalling. When the fins are in a lead, Wake becomes a bigger factor.

I'm going to stop. It is what it is. But I am not attacking a forum. This comes from Fins fans everywhere. Twitter, Herald, Sun S, Here.

You are right, opinions can change. But some of this is just emotional play to play talk. Others want to throw away talented players and then point at Welker etc and say why?

Carry on.

Let me try and put in perspective why you're wrong.

Look at what you just said:

"...90% good games..."

You just made that up. There's no stat behind that. There's no evidence. Why is it that you take your own opinion as fact?

The obvious answer would be that you're scared to have an open conversation on the topic for fear of what it might do: change your mind.

And what does it say when you state that you don't care what I think? 1) It's obviously a lie when you've taken time to respond and 2) it's just proves you're being stubborn and won't accept your own irrationality.

Now, if you go judge Sean Smith objectively, there's a good chance you won't say things like "90% good games." I watch this team rooting for each and every player to succeed but I'm not going to come in here and knowingly lie to highlight a lackluster player just because he's a Dolphin. To my eyes, Sean Smith has been nothing but average this year. That said, he's a good football player in many respects but his limitations make him a liability in this scheme. Look around the league at Cover-2 CBs and tell me how many of them look like Sean Smith. He is a good player, but he's nearly as out of place as Incognito.

I've made that claim but I've also backed it up with rational explanation. I've explained how his body-type leads to struggles against more agile WRs who get in and out of their breaks quicker. I've explained that while he has made good plays, he's also made more than his fair share of bad plays: He's given up TDs, he's given up crucial 3rd downs, he's done it against premier WRs and startlingly enough he's done it against no-name WRs even more.

If you don't agree with me, that's your right.

I have no problem with you disagreeing.

But then why is it that you're automatically right and I'm automatically wrong? You don't stop for a second to consider that you might actually be talking out your butt when you say "90% good games."

I can't debate stuff you're making up.

I can't argue these claims I haven't seen people make:

Hartline to the Pro-Bowl? When was that something we all agreed on?

4 New O-linemen? What?!

No one said those things. And then you act like I'm wrong for saying Wake has a "high-motor."

Well...does he not?

You're not making an argument as much as you're basically making this stuff up and then arguing against it like you're the only sane and rational person.

Talking like you're the only sane person posting is ironically the craziest thing in the world.

Last edited by phinmun on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:

depends... was his guy thrown to 10-12 times ? or 4 ? .. plus giving up an avg of 15 yrds per catch isn't great.. a 1st down each catch.. did 1 or 2 of those come on 3rd down and keep a drive alive where they ended up scoring ? I like Smith.. don't think he sucks.. but IMO he's not elite

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: