Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Pat McQuistan Thread - A Dedication To Horrible O-Line
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buckwild

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
buckwild wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Bob Sturm just wrote probably the article on the subject (on a side note, im pretty sure he reads my posts)...

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/

Quote:
despite thinking the offensive line could not get worse than it was in 2010, they might have actually downgraded in 2011. And then we figured out that the offensive line was even worse in 2011, we felt any change would clearly be an upgrade in 2012. And I am now about ready to admit that I may have been wrong again. This 2012 version may actually be even worse than 2011 and 2010.

Think about what that says.

They have gone from being a weakness on this team to a unit that seems incapable of allowing the offense to call any play - run or pass - with any degree of consistency. Provided that Jason Garrett turns things over to Tony Romo so that he can attempt to escape another sack, all the while, making things up as he goes, they at least have a chance to compete.

Bob just read my mind - it's been blown

MH, Do you ever get to listen to Sturm on the radio in Dallas. I also live in DFW, and if you want stats he is the guy you turn to find things out.

What station is he on? I used to read his detailed reports

1310 AM KTCK "The Ticket" Bob is on from 12-3 pm. Been listening to the Ticket for 12 years, and its hilarious. Talking sports, but without the generic sports talk radio feel to it. With Bob and also Norm Hitzges you will more than your feel of Stats.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/11/cowlishaw-jerry-jones-should-not-get-all-the-blame-for-cowboys-mediocrity.html/

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
atran35

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowlishaw obviously didn't know that JJ turned down Montrae Holland signing because he didn't want to pay the man incentives. Now ROMO is running for his life...
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
Cowlishaw obviously didn't know that JJ turned down Montrae Holland signing because he didn't want to pay the man incentives. Now ROMO is running for his life...

I don't know what's worse: the fact that Jerry didn't want to give him the incentives from the contract or the fact that we're even talking about Holland as a starting caliber player.

Northland wrote:
textaz03

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
atran35 wrote:

I don't know what's worse: the fact that Jerry didn't want to give him the incentives from the contract or the fact that we're even talking about Holland as a starting caliber player.
and add to the fact that the incentives only added up to about 400,000 dollars!!!!!! Chump change!!!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching SF vs NO. I cannot believe the protection Brees is getting. it's unbelievable! He has all frickin day. So, who do they have on theri O line that is doing such an outstanding job? Not to mention the SF O line. Let's see, 3 years ago they spent 2 first round picks on O linemen. Last year they were a muffed punt (oh would you look at that, a muffed punt just happened, LOL) from going to the Superbowl. This year, they very well may.

Point to all of this: Get us a frickin O line that knows how in the hell to block!
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
atran35 wrote:

and add to the fact that the incentives only added up to about 400,000 dollars!!!!!! Chump change!!!

And add the fact that he also paid Ronald Leary a guaranteed 200k this year for absolutely nothing...

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Northland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
Watching SF vs NO. I cannot believe the protection Brees is getting. it's unbelievable! He has all frickin day. So, who do they have on theri O line that is doing such an outstanding job? Not to mention the SF O line. Let's see, 3 years ago they spent 2 first round picks on O linemen. Last year they were a muffed punt (oh would you look at that, a muffed punt just happened, LOL) from going to the Superbowl. This year, they very well may.

Point to all of this: Get us a frickin O line that knows how in the hell to block!

In me you are preaching to the choir, but amen brother, amen!
cowboyfanin2890

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if its sad or funny, but all we have to do to upgrade the o-line is be bottom feeders come time for cuts and we could have a better line with others cast offs. That is basically what we had this year, we just paid them a lot more money than scrubs.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2012/12/jerry-jones-hasnt-given-up-on-doug-free-and-says-he-might-be-better-at-left-tackle-than-right.html

Quote:
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he has not given up on veteran tackle Doug Free, who actually might be a better player at left tackle than right tackle.

Seriously?

This team can't evaluate o-line talent whatsoever. There is so much fail in that moron's words.

Northland wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly have no idea why he was a top 10 (and frankly played like a top 5) LT and then plays like a bottom 3 RT. I can understand the switch, and the line shuffle will impact anyone. Cool. Ill spot ya 8-10 spots. But it's as if he forgot how to be a tackle. Remarkable. It defies logic.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
atran35

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2012/12/jerry-jones-hasnt-given-up-on-doug-free-and-says-he-might-be-better-at-left-tackle-than-right.html

Quote:
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he has not given up on veteran tackle Doug Free, who actually might be a better player at left tackle than right tackle.

Seriously?

This team can't evaluate o-line talent whatsoever. There is so much fail in that moron's words.

He is probably right. The RT faces SOLB or stronger DEs. However, ROMO would be lost for the season if we had Doug Free back at LT. At least with Doug Free on the right side...ROMO can see when he's about to get SACKED. LOL!
atran35

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
atran35 wrote:

Who said starting? We are talking about capable backup. Unless you agree with the signing of Derrick Dockery. Funny how JJ stated he always want to get the best players yet when it comes to backups he doesn't choose the best. And Holland impressed those at camp over Dockery and the other scrub they brought in.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I don't think it's any coincidence that Pat McQuistan is gone and this o-line is in shambles.

Northland wrote:
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
And I don't think it's any coincidence that Pat McQuistan is gone and this o-line is in shambles.

This simply cannot be overlooked.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: