Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Pat McQuistan Thread - A Dedication To Horrible O-Line
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
buckwild


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1755
Location: Ft Worth, Tx
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
buckwild wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Bob Sturm just wrote probably the article on the subject (on a side note, im pretty sure he reads my posts)...

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/

Quote:
despite thinking the offensive line could not get worse than it was in 2010, they might have actually downgraded in 2011. And then we figured out that the offensive line was even worse in 2011, we felt any change would clearly be an upgrade in 2012. And I am now about ready to admit that I may have been wrong again. This 2012 version may actually be even worse than 2011 and 2010.

Think about what that says.

They have gone from being a weakness on this team to a unit that seems incapable of allowing the offense to call any play - run or pass - with any degree of consistency. Provided that Jason Garrett turns things over to Tony Romo so that he can attempt to escape another sack, all the while, making things up as he goes, they at least have a chance to compete.


Bob just read my mind - it's been blown


MH, Do you ever get to listen to Sturm on the radio in Dallas. I also live in DFW, and if you want stats he is the guy you turn to find things out.


What station is he on? I used to read his detailed reports


1310 AM KTCK "The Ticket" Bob is on from 12-3 pm. Been listening to the Ticket for 12 years, and its hilarious. Talking sports, but without the generic sports talk radio feel to it. With Bob and also Norm Hitzges you will more than your feel of Stats.
_________________


Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 19970
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/11/cowlishaw-jerry-jones-should-not-get-all-the-blame-for-cowboys-mediocrity.html/
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
atran35


Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Posts: 2788
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowlishaw obviously didn't know that JJ turned down Montrae Holland signing because he didn't want to pay the man incentives. Now ROMO is running for his life...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 19970
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
Cowlishaw obviously didn't know that JJ turned down Montrae Holland signing because he didn't want to pay the man incentives. Now ROMO is running for his life...


I don't know what's worse: the fact that Jerry didn't want to give him the incentives from the contract or the fact that we're even talking about Holland as a starting caliber player.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
textaz03


Moderator
Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Posts: 11041
Location: Land of the Jersey Devil!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
atran35 wrote:
Cowlishaw obviously didn't know that JJ turned down Montrae Holland signing because he didn't want to pay the man incentives. Now ROMO is running for his life...


I don't know what's worse: the fact that Jerry didn't want to give him the incentives from the contract or the fact that we're even talking about Holland as a starting caliber player.
and add to the fact that the incentives only added up to about 400,000 dollars!!!!!! Chump change!!!
_________________




"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2802
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching SF vs NO. I cannot believe the protection Brees is getting. it's unbelievable! He has all frickin day. So, who do they have on theri O line that is doing such an outstanding job? Not to mention the SF O line. Let's see, 3 years ago they spent 2 first round picks on O linemen. Last year they were a muffed punt (oh would you look at that, a muffed punt just happened, LOL) from going to the Superbowl. This year, they very well may.

Point to all of this: Get us a frickin O line that knows how in the hell to block!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tony7188


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 3364
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
atran35 wrote:
Cowlishaw obviously didn't know that JJ turned down Montrae Holland signing because he didn't want to pay the man incentives. Now ROMO is running for his life...


I don't know what's worse: the fact that Jerry didn't want to give him the incentives from the contract or the fact that we're even talking about Holland as a starting caliber player.
and add to the fact that the incentives only added up to about 400,000 dollars!!!!!! Chump change!!!


And add the fact that he also paid Ronald Leary a guaranteed 200k this year for absolutely nothing...
_________________

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Northland


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 3780
Location: Ajax, Ontario
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
Watching SF vs NO. I cannot believe the protection Brees is getting. it's unbelievable! He has all frickin day. So, who do they have on theri O line that is doing such an outstanding job? Not to mention the SF O line. Let's see, 3 years ago they spent 2 first round picks on O linemen. Last year they were a muffed punt (oh would you look at that, a muffed punt just happened, LOL) from going to the Superbowl. This year, they very well may.

Point to all of this: Get us a frickin O line that knows how in the hell to block!


In me you are preaching to the choir, but amen brother, amen!
_________________
Northland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cowboyfanin2890


Joined: 12 Feb 2012
Posts: 308
Location: Hayesville NC
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if its sad or funny, but all we have to do to upgrade the o-line is be bottom feeders come time for cuts and we could have a better line with others cast offs. That is basically what we had this year, we just paid them a lot more money than scrubs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 19970
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2012/12/jerry-jones-hasnt-given-up-on-doug-free-and-says-he-might-be-better-at-left-tackle-than-right.html

Quote:
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he has not given up on veteran tackle Doug Free, who actually might be a better player at left tackle than right tackle.


Seriously?

This team can't evaluate o-line talent whatsoever. There is so much fail in that moron's words.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 23296
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly have no idea why he was a top 10 (and frankly played like a top 5) LT and then plays like a bottom 3 RT. I can understand the switch, and the line shuffle will impact anyone. Cool. Ill spot ya 8-10 spots. But it's as if he forgot how to be a tackle. Remarkable. It defies logic.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
atran35


Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Posts: 2788
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2012/12/jerry-jones-hasnt-given-up-on-doug-free-and-says-he-might-be-better-at-left-tackle-than-right.html

Quote:
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he has not given up on veteran tackle Doug Free, who actually might be a better player at left tackle than right tackle.


Seriously?

This team can't evaluate o-line talent whatsoever. There is so much fail in that moron's words.


He is probably right. The RT faces SOLB or stronger DEs. However, ROMO would be lost for the season if we had Doug Free back at LT. At least with Doug Free on the right side...ROMO can see when he's about to get SACKED. LOL!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
atran35


Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Posts: 2788
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
atran35 wrote:
Cowlishaw obviously didn't know that JJ turned down Montrae Holland signing because he didn't want to pay the man incentives. Now ROMO is running for his life...


I don't know what's worse: the fact that Jerry didn't want to give him the incentives from the contract or the fact that we're even talking about Holland as a starting caliber player.


Who said starting? We are talking about capable backup. Unless you agree with the signing of Derrick Dockery. Funny how JJ stated he always want to get the best players yet when it comes to backups he doesn't choose the best. And Holland impressed those at camp over Dockery and the other scrub they brought in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 19970
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I don't think it's any coincidence that Pat McQuistan is gone and this o-line is in shambles.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dboys88-82


Joined: 12 Jan 2011
Posts: 1761
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
And I don't think it's any coincidence that Pat McQuistan is gone and this o-line is in shambles.


This simply cannot be overlooked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group