Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Pat McQuistan Thread - A Dedication To Horrible O-Line
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28974
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: The Pat McQuistan Thread - A Dedication To Horrible O-Line Reply with quote

Okay, Plan...here's your thread.

Feel free to keep all negative comments about the offensive line and Jerruh in here so as not to divert other threads into the same ol' arguments.
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45248
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMFAO - Sticky?
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DalCowboyzRule


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 18233
Location: Too Turnt University (TTU)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how every single one of our draft picks next year shouldn't be spent on the offensive line, that's how bad they are.

Very Happy
_________________


green24 wrote:
Joey Gallo hits one a mile.

Haters gon' hate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ace5


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 6144
Location: CT
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible does not begin to describe this o-line. Seems like every year we're saying this right around now. Every offseason, its a new batch of crappy mid to late picks and even worse FA pickups. And yet, its treated like salvation. Well, every year, it turns out to be the same ol substandard play from the line. Romo's getting older and slowly losing some of his escape ability. This team needs three new OL or it'll need three OL and a QB very soon.
_________________
iPwn wrote:
Your sig is wherever your car keys are. Sorry you won't ever see it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 20796
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the GOAT
He eats a bunch of babies - a lot more than most
Why the Hell won't He eat our "GM" Jerry Jones?
His jaws are chomping on!
Gory! Gory! Pat McQuistan!
Gory! Gory! Pat McQuistan!
Gory! Gory! Pat McQuistan!
His jaws are chomping on!

I have seen Him eat the babies of 100 Eagles fans
They built him an alter and pointed to the Giants’ camp
He ate all their babies and went to Redskins’ land
His jaws are chomping on!
Gory! Gory! Pat McQuistan!
Gory! Gory! Pat McQuistan!
Gory! Gory! Pat McQuistan!
His jaws are chomping on!

I have seen the GOAT play with a heart of molten steel;
“As ye deal with My dinners, I welcome my next meal”
Let the Hero, born of ogre eat what he will
This God is chomping on!
Gory! Gory! Pat McQuistan!
Gory! Gory! Pat McQuistan!
Gory! Gory! Pat McQuistan!
His jaws are chomping on!

His.....Jaws.....Are.....Chom-Ping.....Ooooooon!!!!!
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24974
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have now led the league in the amount of different Centers we have had starting.

Consistency and continuity be damned. Sad
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45248
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
We have now led the league in the amount of different Centers we have had starting.

Consistency and continuity be damned. Sad


And that's without our #2 Center starting a single game - Kowalski has been out since pre-season
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Slamman


Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Posts: 13585
Location: Las Vegas, NV
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, the C hasn't been a huge problem. We've had more problems at both guard positions and RT. I think I'd call Doug Free the worst starting tackle in the NFL right now.
_________________
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24974
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Really, the C hasn't been a huge problem. We've had more problems at both guard positions and RT. I think I'd call Doug Free the worst starting tackle in the NFL right now.


I disagree with the first part. We have gone through 3 different starting Centers and two others who were slated to play but had injury issues.

With the Center being influx that's impacted the whole OL. We had cadence issues and missed blocking assignments up the yin yang.

And I am not saying we can't have a viable option at Center for the future (pending development). What I am saying the rash of injuries and shuffling has caused a problem that has trickle down throughout. There has been no continuity with this line. And it shows.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24974
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This actually leads to a question. Ignore for a second the fundamental truth of OL being a unit that be virtue needs to work together to be successful. Instead I am curious how would you rank our starting OL against one another. As in, who has been the worst starter? And who has been the best?

With keeping in mind that I have missed a few games this season here would be my rankings:

1. Costa
2. Livings (although is declining)
3. Smith (although was improving, I could realistically switch the two)
4. Cook
5. Free
6. Trogdor

I didn't include Dockery and Parnell since the sample size is low. I also viewed Trogdor purely as our starting RG, not as how he played at C last game.

EDIT: Yes, I know Costa's sample size is low. He just had a really impressive game. Laughing
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.


Last edited by Texas_OutLaw7 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28974
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to wonder how much playing beside Bernadeuce and now Dockery is effecting Free's level of play.

I'd like to see Kowalski replace Dockery at RG for the game against Washington, but have a feeling we won't see that happen with the short week.
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24974
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
I have to wonder how much playing beside Bernadeuce and now Dockery is effecting Free's level of play.

I'd like to see Kowalski replace Dockery at RG for the game against Washington, but have a feeling we won't see that happen with the short week.


I am sure it has had a sizable impact. But that does not mean when he stands alone he hasn't made some awful decisions. The regression is notable. I still believe he can be salvageable if the rest of the line gets an shot in the arm.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28974
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
I have to wonder how much playing beside Bernadeuce and now Dockery is effecting Free's level of play.

I'd like to see Kowalski replace Dockery at RG for the game against Washington, but have a feeling we won't see that happen with the short week.


I am sure it has had a sizable impact. But that does not mean when he stands alone he hasn't made some awful decisions. The regression is notable. I still believe he can be salvageable if the rest of the line gets an shot in the arm.


I won't disagree, I think it would be fair to at least give him another shot once we (hopefully) improve the offensive line after the season. Lest we hope we aren't bitten in the [inappropriate/removed] by injuries again next year, however.
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24974
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I would give him another year. I know a popular thought is to move him to OG, but this is SUCH a deep OG class that I would prefer to find a future cornerstone in that position rather than continuing the shuffling.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Slamman


Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Posts: 13585
Location: Las Vegas, NV
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Really, the C hasn't been a huge problem. We've had more problems at both guard positions and RT. I think I'd call Doug Free the worst starting tackle in the NFL right now.


I disagree with the first part. We have gone through 3 different starting Centers and two others who were slated to play but had injury issues.

With the Center being influx that's impacted the whole OL. We had cadence issues and missed blocking assignments up the yin yang.

And I am not saying we can't have a viable option at Center for the future (pending development). What I am saying the rash of injuries and shuffling has caused a problem that has trickle down throughout. There has been no continuity with this line. And it shows.


There have been problems along every spot on the OL. C is certainly one of them. But, you are speculating on whether the C/G missed on combo blocks or cadence issues. Frankly, I don't recall there being a major problem with the C not snapping the ball at the appropriate time. I do recall last year that a ref called a false start on everybody but the center. That's an obvious C problem.

What I'm talking about is Livings and Burninduece being physically OVERWHELMED. I haven't seen that as much with the C position.

As for the missed assignments, I've seen the majority of the missed assignments on DL stunts where a DE crashes inside and a DT loops outside. It's happened frequently where nobody picks up the DT. That could be on either the T, G or RB (If I had to guess, I would guess that it's likely on the G who needs to kick out). I've seen some missed assignments on blitzing in the A gaps. That could be on the C, G or RB and it really depends on the calls that we have no way of knowing. Typically, the C responsibility is head up, inside shoulder, outside shoulder, gap... and almost universally his primary responsibility is the player with the shortest route to the QB.
_________________
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group