Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hope I'm Not A Jinx BUT...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperFlyTNT wrote:
So - the pass-blocking is looking better (from Nate Potter and Bobbie Massie) and I like that too - but who takes responsibility for the inability to run the ball?

Mostly the offensive line but our backs haven't helped things. I noted in another thread that Beanie had 3 runs that I can recount in full detail that should have resulted in 30-45 net rushing yards easy but instead combined to net us just 13 yards after Beanie either lost his footing or missed the massive cut back lane. Add 30-45 yards to Beanie's total from yesterday and the picture changes dramatically. LSH has his running issues, all of which we're well aware of. So does Powell. Williams is out. Our backs have been an issue, IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-2/Massie-Brings-Season-Into-Focus/3e1236a4-0554-4de1-8c48-4087df784921

Quote:
His demeanor in practice changed. He stayed after practice with offensive line coach Russ Grimm perfecting his kick step. His technique improved.
But he honed in on studying film. The approach he was taking wasnít working and he ďhad to actually study my opponent.Ē With the reform comes about 10 hours per week of film at the practice facility and from home.

Quote:
Massie still leads all tackles in sacks allowed but he hasnít yielded one in the last three games. He credits his improved film study for providing a deeper well of information on the defensive ends he blocks and his improved kick step gives him a better angle to deflect the rush. His recent progress has been reflected in PFF.comís pass blocking efficiency rankings, where heís moved up a few spots.

Good article on Massie's improvement and how's he's improved his game/preparation. Said he was motivated by the numbers on PFF that said he was the 2nd worst tackle in the league (Batiste being the worst). You can't help but feel we have our RT for the next 5-10 years. No sacks in the past 3 games.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-2/Massie-Brings-Season-Into-Focus/3e1236a4-0554-4de1-8c48-4087df784921

Quote:
His demeanor in practice changed. He stayed after practice with offensive line coach Russ Grimm perfecting his kick step. His technique improved.
But he honed in on studying film. The approach he was taking wasnít working and he ďhad to actually study my opponent.Ē With the reform comes about 10 hours per week of film at the practice facility and from home.

Quote:
Massie still leads all tackles in sacks allowed but he hasnít yielded one in the last three games. He credits his improved film study for providing a deeper well of information on the defensive ends he blocks and his improved kick step gives him a better angle to deflect the rush. His recent progress has been reflected in PFF.comís pass blocking efficiency rankings, where heís moved up a few spots.

Good article on Massie's improvement and how's he's improved his game/preparation. Said he was motivated by the numbers on PFF that said he was the 2nd worst tackle in the league (Batiste being the worst). You can't help but feel we have our RT for the next 5-10 years. No sacks in the past 3 games.

Makes a fan proud to see when a rookie finally "gets it", shows some determination, and most importantly follows through with a commitment. This is the kind of thing that makes me hopeful for not just the OL, but the team.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good game by both tackles in Pass protection. The 2 sacks came from the middle of the Line. Massie looking like a keeper. Hopefully Potter can do the same.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense Boise but I think the team needs to take Luke Joeckel if they can. Move Levi back to RT and then draft a QB to sit behind Kolb for a year or 2 and they need to bring in a vet like Vince Young? or someone.
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
No offense Boise but I think the team needs to take Luke Joeckel if they can. Move Levi back to RT and then draft a QB to sit behind Kolb for a year or 2 and they need to bring in a vet like Vince Young? or someone.

QB such a bigger need at this point.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't tell me we're discussing Vince Young again.

I loathe that weak throwing crybaby. I'd rather play Skelton.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

Where we are picking it may be a reach to take 1 in the first round.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

Have fun supporting Lindley then. That's my point.
younggun1273

Brady Quinn finished 19-23 201 yards and 2 TDs against Carolina. Yes, Brady Quinn...

Levi Brown needs to play RG so that we can actually get a push in the run game.

Justo on the sig
Boise&cards Fan

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

Where we are picking it may be a reach to take 1 in the first round.

If that the case no chance Luke Joeckel still up for grabs.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Lindley won't be starting next year but I'd take him over that piece of crap. Vince Young's a selfish crybaby who walked out on his teammates because he got benched, RIGHTFULLY, after a weak performance and a loss. He's getting nowhere near this team and if he does, I'm out.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Lindley won't be starting next year but I'd take him over that piece of crap. Vince Young's a selfish crybaby who walked out on his teammates because he got benched, RIGHTFULLY, after a weak performance and a loss. He's getting nowhere near this team and if he does, I'm out.

Someone. Anyone with experience to backup then. I am not a big VY fan either but used him as my point.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, good. I hate Vince Young.

Matt Moore isn't terrible.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me a average to good tackle and a good QB then a elite tackle and some average QB behind him. Worked so well for the dolphins when they did it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: