Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week 12 Packers (7-3) @ Giants (6-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CallMeBarrett

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be nice to play the Vikings next week with absolute scrubs on defense.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
I don't like it when teams run up scores either. But in the Giants defense, their offense has sucked for like 3 games straight. I think they were just trying to keep their offense rolling for that purpose. They really wanted to get Nicks some practice in the one on one redzone situations.

I don't have a problem with it at all. It's our fault for allowing it.
WIsportsfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This woman really just said on SC "well everyone has injuries" really? Everyone has Matthews, Jennings, Woodson, Shields - all players of that caliber (well maybe not Shields, but he is a key player for us) all out at the same time? Let's see Osi, Tuck, JPP and Cruz all out for the Giants tonight, the Packers fully healthy and see how this game would have went.

Hard to do what you want when you have injuries and an OL struggling like this.
MathMan

I dont have an issue with nyg going for the td

Non issue

I do want to apologize for what i said before if it offended anyone. I love my team and to see them get killed like they did pissed me off to a point were i said somethings that i shouldnt have. So sorry again fellow packer fans. Hopefully we learn from this loss and get on a roll again.

Props to Swift
WIsportsfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

th87 wrote:
Gmen wrote:
I don't like it when teams run up scores either. But in the Giants defense, their offense has sucked for like 3 games straight. I think they were just trying to keep their offense rolling for that purpose. They really wanted to get Nicks some practice in the one on one redzone situations.

It's called sportsmanship. This isn't a hard thing to understand.
chucknorris101

CallMeBarrett wrote:
Should be nice to play the Vikings next week with absolute scrubs on defense.

I think clay, jennings, and woodson will be back next week

th87 wrote:
Gmen wrote:

I don't really mind it when teams keep playing offense, either. I do kind of have a problem with them going for it on 4th down twice that drive, however.
valpoPackers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIsportsfan wrote:
th87 wrote:
Gmen wrote:

It's called sportsmanship. This isn't a hard thing to understand.

It would have been weirder for them to kick a field goal there. Typically (in blowout games late) teams go for it on 4th and run the ball, but I honestly think it was more sportsman-like to throw the ball unsuccessfully a dozen times there at the end.
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerfanatic50 wrote:
I do want to apologize for what i said before if it offended anyone. I love my team and to see them get killed like they did pissed me off to a point were i said somethings that i shouldnt have. So sorry again fellow packer fans. Hopefully we learn from this loss and get on a roll again.
I hear you man, sometimes it helps to vent. Now on to GB!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerfanatic50 wrote:
dcerb44 wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:

To be fair we were also gifted 7 on the Cobb return. We were manhandled in that game more or less. It's just the most manhandling the Niners are capable of with Alex Smith at quarterback.

Good point, I actually didn't even remember that in regards to the game. Even if we take that away it's still only 15 points. Don't know if I'd agree with that being a spanking either. I've always felt a spanking should be 20 or more points. Do think you picked the perfect word though to describe it. We were manhandled that game.

LOL a 15 point margin of defeat is pretty big, and the packers were clearly outplayed... i will retrack what i said about the spanking part because many of you guys are having a problem with that statement but, right now I would give the advantage to the 49ers if we had to play them and would prolly pick them to when either at Lambeau or Candlestick.

Of course it's a good margin of victory. I'm happy with a one point victory when it happens. Points are hard to come by in NFL. Never disagreed with you about being outplayed. That we actually do agree one. I don't consider it a spanking only because you still only need two scores to tie that game. That's not an extremely hard feat for any top ranked offense with one of the best quarterbacks in the league to accomplish regardless of how poorly they've executed prior to it. Not to mention that even though we shouldn't of been rewarded for Cobb's TD it was still part of the game and did count towards the score. Even if it were to be called back we don't know if we wouldn't of scored anyways or not. So even when a team "dominated" us that game we still were well within striking difference.

I only debated that logic because if you called that a spanking what would you have called tonight?

Don't disagree that the 9ers would be favored either regardless of venue. However this doesn't mean that we wouldn't have a chance at beating them. Frankly I'd rather play them than the Giants come playoffs.

pf9 wrote:
This should definitely be McCarthy's swan song. If we're lucky Bret Bielema will come back to this state and coach the Pack next year.
WIsportsfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcerb44 wrote:
Packerfanatic50 wrote:
dcerb44 wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:

To be fair we were also gifted 7 on the Cobb return. We were manhandled in that game more or less. It's just the most manhandling the Niners are capable of with Alex Smith at quarterback.

Good point, I actually didn't even remember that in regards to the game. Even if we take that away it's still only 15 points. Don't know if I'd agree with that being a spanking either. I've always felt a spanking should be 20 or more points. Do think you picked the perfect word though to describe it. We were manhandled that game.

LOL a 15 point margin of defeat is pretty big, and the packers were clearly outplayed... i will retrack what i said about the spanking part because many of you guys are having a problem with that statement but, right now I would give the advantage to the 49ers if we had to play them and would prolly pick them to when either at Lambeau or Candlestick.

Of course it's a good margin of victory. I'm happy with a one point victory when it happens. Points are hard to come by in NFL. Never disagreed with you about being outplayed. That we actually do agree one. I don't consider it a spanking only because you still only need two scores to tie that game. That's not an extremely hard feat for any top ranked offense with one of the best quarterbacks in the league to accomplish regardless of how poorly they've executed prior to it. Not to mention that even though we shouldn't of been rewarded for Cobb's TD it was still part of the game and did count towards the score. Even if it were to be called back we don't know if we wouldn't of scored anyways or not. So even when a team "dominated" us that game we still were well within striking difference.

I only debated that logic because if you called that a spanking what would you have called tonight?

Don't disagree that the 9ers would be favored either regardless of venue. However this doesn't mean that we wouldn't have a chance at beating them. Frankly I'd rather play them than the Giants come playoffs.

It wasn't a spanking. Some people just need to learn that when you have the ball with a chance for six and then the two point conversion, that means you are in the game.
dcerb44

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
Packerfanatic50 wrote:
I hear you man, sometimes it helps to vent. Now on to GB!

Yea dude happens to all of us at times. No problem with it at all. Was glad we've been able to debate our points logically too without the need for flaming and name calling. I appreciate that level headed attitude. Hopefully the team channels the frustration from tonight into next week's game.

pf9 wrote:
This should definitely be McCarthy's swan song. If we're lucky Bret Bielema will come back to this state and coach the Pack next year.
persiandud

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIsportsfan wrote:
valpoPackers wrote:
persiandud wrote:
It's called having a killer mentality. Get over it.

This game has shown me that this Packer team isn't winning a Super Bowl anytime soon. If we can't protect Rodgers....

In 2010 the Packers lost to the Dolphins and Redskins. Last year the Giants lost 5 of 6, including a bad blowout loss to the Redskins. In 2009 the Saints lost to the Panthers and Bucs. Teams lose. Loses never indicate whether a team has the ability to win a Super Bowl... all that matters now is the ability to get hot at the end of the year. If the team ever gets healthy, and the line ever gets on the same page, the Packers are fully capable of of winning a Super Bowl. There isn't a dominant team in the NFC this year. The Giants have their problems too... ask them about the Bengals game. Any team is vulnerable come playoff time.

I love how THIS game shows they aren't winning a Super Bowl anytime soon and then he turns around and makes excuses for the dismantling of the Texans. Can't have it both ways.

Actually, you can, if you look at things in context. The Texans gave us a couple scores in that game. I don't think you can say we dominated every aspect of that game. But you can definitely say the Giants did that tonight, and I'd like to hear you argue otherwise.
General_Bean

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL needs to allow tackling in practice again. Right now Tramon Williams gets a gold star for that performance.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 56 of 57

Jump to: