Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week 12 Packers (7-3) @ Giants (6-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WIsportsfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

valpoPackers wrote:
persiandud wrote:
It's called having a killer mentality. Get over it.

This game has shown me that this Packer team isn't winning a Super Bowl anytime soon. If we can't protect Rodgers....

In 2010 the Packers lost to the Dolphins and Redskins. Last year the Giants lost 5 of 6, including a bad blowout loss to the Redskins. In 2009 the Saints lost to the Panthers and Bucs. Teams lose. Loses never indicate whether a team has the ability to win a Super Bowl... all that matters now is the ability to get hot at the end of the year. If the team ever gets healthy, and the line ever gets on the same page, the Packers are fully capable of of winning a Super Bowl. There isn't a dominant team in the NFC this year. The Giants have their problems too... ask them about the Bengals game. Any team is vulnerable come playoff time.

I love how THIS game shows they aren't winning a Super Bowl anytime soon and then he turns around and makes excuses for the dismantling of the Texans. Can't have it both ways.
Pack4life7

Number 1 need for me in April is Safety. Preferably a hard hitting one who makes you think twice about going over the middle. Our CBs are fine but you can find Te soft spot in our zone every time because of the crap we have at the back end.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
Packerfanatic50

RashaanSalaami wrote:
dcerb44 wrote:
Packerfanatic50 wrote:
dcerb44 wrote:
Packerfanatic50 wrote:

if you guys want to get you hopes up be my guest but i am telling you how it is. If you think the packers can beat either the giants or the 49ers your full of it, because the past two games the giants spanked us and the game we played agaimnst the 49ers, we had everyone healthy and we were at home and they still spanked us. Tell me something I will watche every packer game because I am a loyal fan, but Im being realistic. Tell me what makes you think they can beat either of these teams after watching them today?

So tank for a better draft pick since we have "no chance" of winning the Super Bowl?

Why can't we beat either team? The 9ers didn't spank us either. Already brought that up. An eight point victory is not a spanking. Yea we've lost the past two games to the Giants badly but we also beat them last year too. Neither one of those teams are impossible to beat so I have no idea how you can come to the conclusion that we have absolutely no chance at all. Guess that Super Bowl was a fluke, same with going 15-1 last year too and most likely 11 wins this year.

the packer got outplayed by the 49ers this year at home. and the 49ers looked pretty good today and last week especially getting to the passer. Hmmmm what does the packers achilles heel seem to be....pass protection. So i would have my reservations about seeing the packers beat the 49ers, especially wagainst the 49ers defense that we had trouble moving the ball against. Secondly why does everyone keep bringing up the packers vs giants regular season game last year. The packers squeaked that one out thanks to Rodgers gw drive late in the 4th quarter.Its not like they blew out the giants in the game. The past is the past. The packers got destroyed tonight and it was the same thing they did in last years playoff game.

I never said we weren't outplayed, just the assertion that we were spanked is improper considering we still had a chance to win that game at the end.

The 9ers played the Saints today, a team we also beat. I haven't seen anyone this year take it to the Texans the way we did. Look at who's all injured on our roster. That would cripple pretty much damn near every team in the NFL. This team will look somewhat different when we get quite a few of those guys back especially Clay.

I'm not saying we would beat either of these teams come playoffs but it's silly to just say we have absolutely no chance at all.

I brought up the Giants win last year because you brought up the Giants beating us in the playoffs. You can't use that loss as part of your argument if you're going to ignore the win we had against them in the regular season. Doesn't matter if it was a one point or a blowout either. A win is a win in the NFL and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

We did get destroyed tonight but a lot of people are going way overboard here with it. Giants are a good team, we got beat it's a simple as that. Doesn't mean we're a horrible team.

To be fair we were also gifted 7 on the Cobb return. We were manhandled in that game more or less. It's just the most manhandling the Niners are capable of with Alex Smith at quarterback.

Thats what I was trying to say. The offense literally did nothing all day and our defense was not good. We were given 7 frm the cobb td. So honestly the game was more one sided then looking at from the box score. That was what I was saying.

Props to Swift
MUOH

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things that Packers need to get.

The entire offensive line needs to get fixed across all 5 positions. A receiver that can stretch the field would be nice. Pass rush, pass rush, pass rush. Safeties that are better than average. A place kicker.
dcerb44

RashaanSalaami wrote:

To be fair we were also gifted 7 on the Cobb return. We were manhandled in that game more or less. It's just the most manhandling the Niners are capable of with Alex Smith at quarterback.

Good point, I actually didn't even remember that in regards to the game. Even if we take that away it's still only 15 points. Don't know if I'd agree with that being a spanking either. I've always felt a spanking should be 20 or more points. Do think you picked the perfect word though to describe it. We were manhandled that game.

pf9 wrote:
This should definitely be McCarthy's swan song. If we're lucky Bret Bielema will come back to this state and coach the Pack next year.
RandyMossIsBoss

Just thought I'd share my final tallies from tonight. Pack secondary got torn apart by the classless Giants.
chucknorris101

Pack4life7 wrote:
Number 1 need for me in April is Safety. Preferably a hard hitting one who makes you think twice about going over the middle. Our CBs are fine but you can find Te soft spot in our zone every time because of the crap we have at the back end.

No 1 should still be C / OT. sure we have confidence in our guys at OT but if they arent going to be around theres no use. C should be obvious.

ramonesfan wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Nice to see you all are handling losing so well, and preaching about sportsmanship in the same page.

Saints fan coming in here talking ethics. Oh so funny.
For a mod it's pretty sad. I think most of us are handling it well, and what's wrong with a discussion about sportsmanship?

I was thinking the same thing. Embarrassing.
Packerfanatic50

Pack4life7 wrote:

I would agree with you on our need for safety help. But I think they need alot more help on the offensive line.

Props to Swift
Kal-El

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need #1a is a competent S&C staff

And 1b is competent OL coaching.

Pro-Johnny Footbawl.
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIsportsfan wrote:
Arodsmightybelt wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
Our safeties really suck.

but they have potential Laughing

we need starters, not potential

So instead of building up the young guys for the bigger moments come playoff time...we should trade them for older guys because those guys are what you consider "starters"?

you build up young guys in preseason and training camp.

you get starters for NFL games. that constitutes either a first or second round pick likely. Burnett and McMillan havent shown me anything close to starting material this game.
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
I'd prefer LT and a C. No playmakers this year!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcerb44 wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:

Good point, I actually didn't even remember that in regards to the game. Even if we take that away it's still only 15 points. Don't know if I'd agree with that being a spanking either. I've always felt a spanking should be 20 or more points. Do think you picked the perfect word though to describe it. We were manhandled that game.

LOL a 15 point margin of defeat is pretty big, and the packers were clearly outplayed... i will retrack what i said about the spanking part because many of you guys are having a problem with that statement but, right now I would give the advantage to the 49ers if we had to play them and would prolly pick them to when either at Lambeau or Candlestick.

Props to Swift
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like it when teams run up scores either. But in the Giants defense, their offense has sucked for like 3 games straight. I think they were just trying to keep their offense rolling for that purpose. They really wanted to get Nicks some practice in the one on one redzone situations.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Just thought I'd share my final tallies from tonight. Pack secondary got torn apart by the classless Giants.
I don't know, thought the secondary did OK, especially with the lack of pressure and a couple costly turnovers. This game falls on the OL shoulders.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 55 of 57

Jump to: