Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Consequences of losing to the Colts?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Consequences of losing to the Colts? Reply with quote

If we would have won the game against the Colts three weeks ago, we would be 5-5 after our bye week. Everyone knows that.

But did you know, we would currently be sitting in the 6th seed in the AFC, which is the second wild card spot for the playoffs? We would have the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Colts and the conference tiebreaker over the Bengals.

Instead we're the 9th seed sitting two games out. We have the tiebreaker over Pittsburgh but not Indy.

It will be interesting to see if the outcome of that game directly impacts our playoff hopes.

If it does, Hasselbeck will forever be hated for missing a wide open cook with less than two minutes in the game. Razz
Finnerception

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can remember a play that'll make people more angry than Hasselbeck's overthrow..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 years in a row Hass having losing games to Indy might hurt us

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 8 Tackles 5 Assist 1 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 9 Tackles 4 Assist 1 Sack
prozac77

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it reminds me of last year vs. the Colts and Cinci.
Ockham

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If refs had called the fumble a fumble, we could have kicked a FG immediately and won the game.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
-Munch-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to think about this game. Makes me wanna club baby seals.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or how about we blame the defense for sucking against the Patriots? Or Jake Locker(and the entire offense, for that matter) sucking against the Chargers? Or maybe Matt Hasselbeck(and the entire offense sans Chris Johnson) against the Texans? What about the entire team blowing it vs Minnesota and Chicago?

Blaming 1 game for the season when we have 6 losses is pretty silly.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Or how about we blame the defense for sucking against the Patriots? Or Jake Locker(and the entire offense, for that matter) sucking against the Chargers? Or maybe Matt Hasselbeck(and the entire offense sans Chris Johnson) against the Texans? What about the entire team blowing it vs Minnesota and Chicago?

Not really bc all those games were blowouts. We had this game and the refs screwed us. Yea we've sucked but the Colts game was 1 of the worst officiated games I've ever seen.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

Not really bc all those games were blowouts. We had this game and the refs screwed us. Yea we've sucked but the Colts game was 1 of the worst officiated games I've ever seen.

The game should of never came down to the refs if Bironas doesnt miss a short FG or if Hass doesnt over throw Cook the refs shouldnt matter

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 8 Tackles 5 Assist 1 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 9 Tackles 4 Assist 1 Sack
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:

I'm with you...

If we would have beat the Chargers, If we would have beat the Patriots, If we would have beat the Vikings, If we would have beat the Colts......

I know it's easy to point to one game cause it was winnable or should have won, but it is what it is.....
Natural to want to find a reason and make it "better." Blame Hass, Blame CJ, Blame Jerry Gray, Blame Munchak, Blame defense.......

Truth is no one person is responsible for our state as a team.

Hass missed Cook, but the defense was pimped slapped by the Colts in overtime...
Bironas Missed FG...and countless other points in that game where if someone did something else we could have won.

One person doesn't do it....
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

The game should of never came down to the refs if Bironas doesnt miss a short FG or if Hass doesnt over throw Cook the refs shouldnt matter

The refs can easily change the outcome of a game so they do matter. Yes we didn't play great but 3 OPI's and the non-fumble call were terrible.
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Rotoworld, Sunshine got slapped to the bench by Jville's coach. Laughing I don't know if that is good or bad this Sunday. Henne had 300 yards on the texans yesterday.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
-Munch-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henne is a bigger threat. Plus MJD might come back this week... Rolling Eyes Pshhhh why us
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henne or no Henne, MJD or no MJD, we should beat Jacksonville. We're a better team as a whole.

Texans game was a fluke. Henne started that game like 12/14 or some [inappropriate/removed] and wound up 16/33. He didn't play great through the entire game like some believe.
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henne is better, but I did watch that game, and he got a lot worse as the game went on. Missed a ton of throws late.

But still, he's better than Gabbert. I wish we were playing him...

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: