Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gronkowski suffers broken forearm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this what you get for running up the score?

I didnt see the end of the game so I dont know if they did that or not but by the looks of the score it looks like they did.

But, why was he out there on the final extra point? He is a franchise TE and the best one in the game, they couldnt replace him with a back up?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski underwent surgery this am. Team uncertain exactly how long he will be out, but one source said he expects Gronkowski to miss "probably a few weeks."

http://www.whosay.com/AdamSchefter/content/443736?wsref=tw&code=rpz4C2U
Tom Brady Tribute
mco65

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggio7 wrote:
How did the injury to Gronk turn into a discussion about Gostowski breaking his leg? Laughing

Sucks for Gronk though. I guess it was a freak play. I didn't see the highlights. I mean there is no way of knowing a guy is going to get hurt on an extra point. If he has done it all year no matter what, then fine leave him in for it.

It's a gray area for having him in the game at that point up by so much. I'm surprised nobody is talking about the Eagles game when they were down 31-6 with like 3 left in the game. Andy Reid still had Lesean McCoy in the game and running the ball. McCoy took a hit and got a bad concussion. After the game Reid was asked about it, his answer.."Well he was in cause we were trying to win the game."

Not to sway the thread but Reid's decision with McCoy is much more worse than the Pats decision with Gronk.

Its a conundrum for sure. When you loosing big, keeping your starters in the game is often thought of as getting reps, timing, etc.. but when your winning big its foolish and too big a risk..

As far as running up the score.. i dunno. If the defense is gonna keep rushing, the offense might as well keep passing... I take offense to running up the score in college but not so much in the NFL..
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Hernandez should be back next week.. I don't expect this injury to be that big of a factor
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

huge loss for NE, he is the best TE in the game

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:

I didnt see the end of the game so I dont know if they did that or not but by the looks of the score it looks like they did.

But, why was he out there on the final extra point? He is a franchise TE and the best one in the game, they couldnt replace him with a back up?

Rolling Eyes You complained last week about Spikes being dirty then the next week, now you're saying that's what you get for "running up the score."

Another thing, why don't people give the Colts grief for still running the ball the last play of the game instead of kneeling it?

2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihc wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

Rolling Eyes You complained last week about Spikes being dirty then the next week, now you're saying that's what you get for "running up the score."

Another thing, why don't people give the Colts grief for still running the ball the last play of the game instead of kneeling it?
Get over yourself. Please re-read the bolded. Also, I never said Spikes was dirty, I said the hit was dirty. But thats neither here nor there.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Nihc wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

Get over yourself. Please re-read the bolded. Also, I never said Spikes was dirty, I said the hit was dirty. But thats neither here nor there.

It really doesnt matter what you say at this point, Pats fans are on full defense mode right now. If you think he shouldnt have been in the game, they say injuries can happen any time. If you think throwing up 21 with 5 minutes left and scoring TDs is out of hand, then they say you play to win the game.

At this point should just come in and say dang thats messed up I really like watching Gronk play.
Nihc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people complain about running up the score, yet no one bats an eye at the Colts running the ball with 20 seconds left?

I have no problem with Gronk blocking a PAT, how often does someone actually get hurt in that scenario? It's not like he got hurt diving for a ball.

2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
dang thats messed up I really like watching Gronk play.
Yo Soy Fiesta. Does suck tho because Gronk is the best TE in the game. For NEs sake they need to hope he'll be ready for the playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihc wrote:
Why do people complain about running up the score, yet no one bats an eye at the Colts running the ball with 20 seconds left?

Before I say anything else, let me start by saying I've never criticized a team for "running up the score." I don't think there is such a thing. The defense's job is to stop the offense, the offense has no obligation to make it easier on them.

But why would anyone have a problem with a team who is down big, running the ball to end the game rather than risk a pick or wasting very little time on 3 incomplete passes against a team who has already shown they want to score as often as possible?

I don't understand your logic at all.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Nihc wrote:

Before I say anything else, let me start by saying I've never criticized a team for "running up the score." I don't think there is such a thing. The defense's job is to stop the offense, the offense has no obligation to make it easier on them.

But why would anyone have a problem with a team who is down big, running the ball to end the game rather than risk a pick or wasting very little time on 3 incomplete passes against a team who has already shown they want to score as often as possible?

He's saying he thinks the Colts should have just kneeled the ball. I dont agree with that option either.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Nihc wrote:

He's saying he thinks the Colts should have just kneeled the ball. I dont agree with that option either.

That is an absolutely ridiculous stance to have, if it is in fact what he is saying. How many times has a team kneeled when they are losing vs how many times a team has decided to run the ball when they are winning?

Again, I'm not saying the Pats should've backed off, but to say the Colts should've been kneeling? That's insane. That's unbelievable.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just another "reason" for people to jump on/criticize the Patriots. He was in there because it's football and you need to have 11 players out there. Period. Belichick said it perfectly today....

"I don't think that's really a good way to approach a team. I've never done that. I don't think that would be a very successful approach to it," said Belichick. "You only have so many players. You only dress so many players. Somebody's got to play. I think you've got to be careful when you're trying to run a team, to go up to one guy and say, 'Michael, we're going to leave you in the game because we care about you, but Glenn, we're going to take you out because you're really important. You other guys go in there because if something happens to you, we don't really care.'

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21241686/belichick-subbing-stars-not-good-way-coach

Good luck running your teams when you make it clear to some players they mean nothing Laughing

Sciz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Nihc wrote:

I think he's raising an issue with consistency for those who say the Pats were running up the score, not actually advocating for losing teams to kneel.

Of course, I'd deny that they were running up the score altogether. Seven of the Pats' last 8 plays were runs by a backup running back. The other play was a pass on 3rd and 7 with over 5 minutes left.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12

Jump to: