Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gronkowski suffers broken forearm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConnPatFan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
ConnPatFan wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Why is it no one can answer the question?
Because no one knows for sure. Honestly I couldn't tell you who other than the OL is on the field for extra points. Probly whichever of the backup OL(Petrus, Cannon) or TEs (Fells, Shianco, hoomanawanawa) that are not normaly in the unit....

But what does that have to do with Gronk?

Because if one of those can play it, why have him out there? That's his point. If Gronk went down earlier, someone would fill his spot. Why not just put that person in out there?

One would assume because Gronk is better.

It seems unlikely that any teams has multiple extra point kicking packages, and while this one ment nothing, in a tie game with 0:00 left on the clock who do you want blocking; Gronk or Fells?
Nihc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so ridiculous. Its a damn PAT and it's only a big deal because it happened to the Pats.

2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihc wrote:
This is so ridiculous. Its a damn PAT and it's only a big deal because it happened to the Pats.
No, it's a big deal because a star player got injured when the game was out of hand, and he didn't need to be out there. It has nothing to do with "Patriots hatred."

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConnPatFan wrote:
, in a tie game with 0:00 left on the clock who do you want blocking; Gronk or Fells?

Obviously Gronk.

But that's not the scenario being discussed. In a game when you are up by 35 points late in the 4th quarter and your essential starters are still in the game, and one of them suffers a significant injury on an insignificant 59th point is the scenario.

If Fells can sub for Gronk on the PAT team then the whole notion of "There is no subs for the PAT team" is false.

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihc wrote:

It has nothing to do with Pat hatred. The Pats are the target because other then the Saints they are the most guilty of running up scores and leaving players in during big blowout garbage time. And while there is nothing wrong with that, you are risking injury to significant players while putting up points that no longer have any value because the game was already long done.

The Giants hardly ever blow a team out like the Pats do so it's very rare when Coughlin gets to pull starters. But most traditional coaches would have pulled the essential starters much earlier in a scenario like the Pats were in.

Injuries can happen at any time your players are on the field. So why have them on the field during garbage time? Then the injuries are in vain.

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
Malik

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Patriots thread with a whole lot of whining and people being condescending? Shocking. SHOCKING! Injuries happen. Gronk was out there for weeks without incident on special teams. The Pats are loaded so they'll live without him. Even if they lose to the only 2 good teams left on the schedule they'll still clinch the division and be going to the playoffs. That's pretty much it.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
A Patriots thread with a whole lot of whining and people being condescending? Shocking. SHOCKING! Injuries happen. Gronk was out there for weeks without incident on special teams. The Pats are loaded so they'll live without him. Even if they lose to the only 2 good teams left on the schedule they'll still clinch the division and be going to the playoffs. That's pretty much it.

Well sure they will still easily win the division. But losing Gronk weakens them going into the Houston and SF games. They probably would have been considered favorites in both of those games considering they were at home. Now it evens the playing field a bit. Essentially losing Gronk could cost them a higher seeding aka a home playoff game.

And no one is being condescending. We are speaking the truth. I know that's SHOCKING Laughing

Happy Tday. Wink

Nihc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has a lot to do with the Pats because they're the only team that gets accused of running up the score. Or at least, they catch more grief for it than any other team.

2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
Insane82

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihc wrote:
It has a lot to do with the Pats because they're the only team that gets accused of running up the score. Or at least, they catch more grief for it than any other team.

....facepalm Im pretty sure the saints have caught a bit of flack over time for doing the same thing
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insane82 wrote:
Nihc wrote:

....facepalm Im pretty sure the saints have caught a bit of flack over time for doing the same thing

Yeppers. And had this been the Saints and Jimmy Graham had suffered the same injury in the same scenario running up the score they'd be catching just as much flack.

Sciz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the entire starting OL got hurt and couldn't play on the FG unit, they'd find 5 guys to replace them. I don't see how that implies that they should not play late in blowouts.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you draft 20 guys every draft... you cant find one of them to replace Gronk on special teams?? Question Idea Question

Thats what i dont get.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
you draft 20 guys every draft... you cant find one of them to replace Gronk on special teams?? Question Idea Question

Thats what i dont get.

So then what if the sub for Gronk gets hurt, and then he has to go in the next time and get's hurt ?? The point is.....INJURIES HAPPEN and you never know when or to whom they're going to occur. We can play hypothetical what if scenarios, and debate what Belichick SHOULD have done now knowing what happened. I can guarantee you that he nor Rob Gronkowski have any regrets about him being in the game. It's football, you play at 110% until the gun. It doesn't matter if the score is tied or you're up 30 points because you still have to play the game and finish it strong.

Actually...I think this is a blessing in disguise because his hip has been bothering him for weeks and effecting his play. Now he's forced to rest it Laughing

WesWelker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a lot of people in this thread with some nifty 20/20 hindsight vision.

Freak injury. They happen. Case closed.
bbllstr22

Location: Hell. The only place where the devil's advocate can reside.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sum of thread: injuries happen so always play your starters.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: