Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gronkowski suffers broken forearm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I just drop him in fantasy football? If he's not going to be back by week 16 there's no point in even keeping him.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
PSN: KDubBallin
Ataal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm just used to a whole different system of football. When Alex Smith blew out the Bills and broke records doing it, he injured a finger on his throwing hand. Which, led to a very poor performance against the Giants the following week. Again, another hindsight scenario, but even without hindsight, the right call would have been to pull him out and let Kaepernick or Tolzien play. Alex should not have been in the game and neither should Gronk have been in. There wasn't a single person in the Niners forum that thought Alex being in that late in the game was a good idea. But, it seems to be almost unanimous that Pats fans are supporting the decision. That may be different from within the Pats forum, but here, it's a pretty solid majority.

No one is saying pull all your starters. But, the vast majority of us are saying you pull your most important starters, for sure. I can't believe that's not common knowledge. Of course it was a freak accident. THEY ALL ARE!!! That's why you pull your most important guys, because you never know when it's going to happen. And, "injuries happen" is pretty much the opposite of a justification to have him in!!! Yet, I've seen that justification three times in this thread, at least.

Unless I'm totally clueless and don't know anything about the Patriots, Gronk is top 2 or 3 most important player on the offense? Every time I see highlights, Gronk this, Gronk that. Or, is it just too hard to admit that BB made a mistake? No one is perfect. Jim Harbaugh challenged two plays without a time-out left.... See? It's not so hard.

Location: Hell. The only place where the devil's advocate can reside.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Thats unbelievable. On one end i see where people can be like "What the hell is he doing out there" on the other hand hes huge and as manly as they come its not likes hes fragile i could see how Bill and company could overlook his safety.

That's a very good point (although I don't see what's unbelievable).
However, Gronk did miss 3 games his sophomore college year (his last college year), he missed the entire 2009 season due to back surgery, he had a severe high ankle sprain in the playoffs last year, and now he has a broken arm. I'm not saying he's injury-prone, but he's hardly immune to injuries.
bbllstr22

Location: Hell. The only place where the devil's advocate can reside.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
No one is saying pull all your starters. But, the vast majority of us are saying you pull your most important starters, for sure. I can't believe that's not common knowledge. Of course it was a freak accident. THEY ALL ARE!!! That's why you pull your most important guys, because you never know when it's going to happen. And, "injuries happen" is pretty much the opposite of a justification to have him in!!! Yet, I've seen that justification three times in this thread, at least.

Bingo dingo.
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbllstr22 wrote:
Ataal wrote:

Bingo dingo.

Except he was hurt blocking for a kick, and as has been said by dozens of people on here and countless explayers/coaches etc in the media: nobody subs people from ST blocking units.

Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 76 Yards: 1093 TDs: 11
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
bbllstr22 wrote:
Ataal wrote:

Bingo dingo.

Except he was hurt blocking for a kick, and as has been said by dozens of people on here and countless explayers/coaches etc in the media: nobody subs people from ST blocking units.

So if he had gotten injured in the 2nd quarter no one would have subbed in for him on PAT's?

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
bbllstr22 wrote:
Ataal wrote:

Bingo dingo.

So if he had gotten injured in the 2nd quarter no one would have subbed in for him on PAT's?

What are you arguing? You said he had no business being on the field and that BB made a mistake, and yet it's come from reliable sources that no one subs the PAT team, even in blow-outs. So what you're suggesting is that BB do something no one else has ever done in order to prevent something that has a 1/1000000 chance of happening.

You seem to be mistaking knowing something DID happen with knowing it was GOING TO happen.

Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 76 Yards: 1093 TDs: 11
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
bbllstr22 wrote:
Ataal wrote:

Bingo dingo.

What are you arguing? You said he had no business being on the field and that BB made a mistake, and yet it's come from reliable sources that no one subs the PAT team, even in blow-outs. So what you're suggesting is that BB do something no one else has ever done in order to prevent something that has a 1/1000000 chance of happening.

You seem to be mistaking knowing something DID happen with knowing it was GOING TO happen.

My question is. If Gronk had gotten hurt in the 2nd quarter and was out for the game who would have filled his position on the PAT team?

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
you're in no position to question the man. Period.

Laughing I've never understood this train of thought.

Fans can't question NFL coaches? Why not?

We just have to say "Well he's the coach, he must be right."

Do you walk in his shoes ?? Do you have any concept whatsoever about what his responsibilities are ?? What his relationships are with certain players ??

Essentially, you don't have a clue but feel an obligation to question ?? That about sums up us Americans as a whole Laughing

I'm really starting to not like you, you sound like a complete punk.

Because I speak the truth and call things how they are ??

Thank you Laughing

PS....your opinion of me means so much, tell me more.

Last edited by FirstDownFaulk on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
bbllstr22 wrote:
Ataal wrote:

Bingo dingo.

My question is. If Gronk had gotten hurt in the 2nd quarter and was out for the game who would have filled his position on the PAT team?

Hindsight...20/20

Shockey1979

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it no one can answer the question?

UofMfan909

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
So what you're suggesting is that BB do something no one else has ever done

not sure if serious?

I am 100% positive that people have subbed out their most important players on ST packages late in games. I don't have specific examples (because who the hell pays attention to that), but there's no chance that he'd be the first to ever do that...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Because no one knows for sure. Honestly I couldn't tell you who other than the OL is on the field for extra points. Probly whichever of the backup OL(Petrus, Cannon) or TEs (Fells, Shianco, hoomanawanawa) that are not normaly in the unit....

But what does that have to do with Gronk?
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConnPatFan wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Because no one knows for sure. Honestly I couldn't tell you who other than the OL is on the field for extra points. Probly whichever of the backup OL(Petrus, Cannon) or TEs (Fells, Shianco, hoomanawanawa) that are not normaly in the unit....

Because if one of those can play it, why have him out there? That's his point. If Gronk went down earlier, someone would fill his spot. Why not just put that person in out there?

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
ConnPatFan wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

Because if one of those can play it, why have him out there? That's his point. If Gronk went down earlier, someone would fill his spot. Why not just put that person in out there?

Good Lord at least someone gets it. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: