Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gronk Breaks Forearm, Estimated 4-6 Week Recovery Timetable
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CopeMan wrote:
I love the people complaining about this. The wing on that unit is the toughest pos to block you have duel responsibility both inside and out. Plus I can't remember a team who subs on fg units unless someone is injured. I bet if the.same posters complaining loved bb running it up in 07.

What's funny is that they only complain after Gronk got injured. Nobody cared or mentioned that they thought it was a bad idea prior to this game.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:
You don't put good blockers on the PAT and then your All Pro, all-weather kicker gets his legs broken and the same fans are complaining why you don't do a better job protecting your kicker.

That would also be a freak injury as well as a illegal, and plenty of others can block nearly as well (It's not like the choice is between Gronkowski blocking and Ryan Mallet blocking). And if i had to choose between exposing a kicker to a freak injury and my best play maker to injury, I expose the kicker every single time.

This defense of the decision to put Gronk on the FG unit is just stupid defense of EVERY HEAD COACH IN THE NFL. THEY can make dumb decisions. Not everything he does needs to be defended.

FIFY

Sig credit: Deadpulse
HOVA333

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
jofos wrote:
For all the Gronk shouldn't be on special teams people: Let's just say that some one else is there, Tracy white for example, and he is not as good of blocker, (he shouldn't be because thats not what he does) its late in the game and the Patriots are down by two. They drive down the field and get to the 20 with three seconds left. FG unit comes on the field to try to win the game. Every team has scouted and knows where the weakness is so they go for the block. Who do you want out there Tracy White, Gronk, or some random guy that gets paid to do something other than block on the edge.

Michael Hoomanawanui, Visanthe Shiancoe, and Fells are not Tracy white. They should be in that unit. 31 other teams do not use Gronk in that spot. This coming week the Patriots will not use Gronk to block there. Gronk is easily replaceable in the FG unit. He is not replaceable in the passing game.

Robert Griffin is fast, but you do not see him charging down the field covering punts and kickoffs. If he was there, maybe the Redskins do not give up a punt return for a touchdown which costs them a game. There are other players, however, who cover kicks because they can also do the job. Its just plain stupid to use elite players on ST units.

D'brickashaw Ferguson is a pretty good player right? He's very important to his team, no? Well guess who blocks on PAT for the Jets. Teams do it.

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
Sciz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention the entire Pats OL blocks for FGs.
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
CopeMan wrote:
I love the people complaining about this. The wing on that unit is the toughest pos to block you have duel responsibility both inside and out. Plus I can't remember a team who subs on fg units unless someone is injured. I bet if the.same posters complaining loved bb running it up in 07.

What's funny is that they only complain after Gronk got injured. Nobody cared or mentioned that they thought it was a bad idea prior to this game.

Belichick brought up another good point. How do you determine who to pull. You can't say "oh you're important to us, but you're not". I understand there is some unneccessary risk if you have Brady in the shot gun throwing hail marys while up 50 with 2 minutes left, but when it's a 2 or even 3 possession game, the game is still not set in stone despite what some people believe. You can't pull EVERYONE for EVERYTHING. Then you have practice squad guys out there and you lose the game.

Until it's a situation where you can kneel the ball to seal the game, you play to win. Do people already forget how many blown double digit 4th quarter leads we've had the past two years?

The are also the same people who complain we don't finish games strong and stomp on their throats and let them back in. Complain complain complain.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: