Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reagarding the KC game- signs and fans
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jagman777

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reagarding the KC game- signs and fans Reply with quote

So today during the Kansas City game apparently many fans had fire pioli signs, but security either confiscated them or flat out made people leave.

Am I the only one that finds this disturbing? In your opinion, what crosses the line when fans show their discontent at the games? Does a sign saying fire (blank) constitute ejection from a game? How do you view the right of free speech at NFL games?

And most importantly, what if the de-bag the baguars?!
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with the confiscating signs. But the fans could better show their displeasure by just boycotting the games.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's wrong. If the signs had foul language, or something that would be inappropriate around young fans, then they should take action. Showing displeasure with the FO is pretty standard around the league. If that hurts the GM's feelings, then maybe he shouldn't have the job in the first place?

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, depends on what they said. I'm fine with it if it just said Fire Pioli, but knowing the present state of the fan base, I'm sure many that were taken were much worse than that.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
18 catches, 259 yards, 2 TDs
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Reagarding the KC game- signs and fans Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
So today during the Kansas City game apparently many fans had fire pioli signs, but security either confiscated them or flat out made people leave.

Am I the only one that finds this disturbing? In your opinion, what crosses the line when fans show their discontent at the games? Does a sign saying fire (blank) constitute ejection from a game? How do you view the right of free speech at NFL games?

The right of free speech applies to relationship with the government, for whatever reason, people often confuse it to apply to other sectors of our lives. It doesnt apply here. If stadium security wants to kick fans out for expressing negative opinions and signs towards the team, there is probably nothing stopping them in reality.

I find signs annoying though, and they just obstruct the view for other fans.
NS922

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Reagarding the KC game- signs and fans Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:

tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Reagarding the KC game- signs and fans Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
jagman777 wrote:

The right of free speech applies to relationship with the government, for whatever reason, people often confuse it to apply to other sectors of our lives. It doesnt apply here. If stadium security wants to kick fans out for expressing negative opinions and signs towards the team, there is probably nothing stopping them in reality.

Great point that is often overlooked.

Especially with people aged 16-26

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, Id like to see a stadium ban of ALL signs at game, no matter the message. If anyone has ever gone to a game and spent significant money just to have an obnoxious fan stand up all game and dance around with a stupid sign that you cant see over, its annoying and ruins the experience for other fans. Basically, security should be able to take away signs if its clearly ruining the experience for other fans. I dont think the message really matters.
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Honestly, Id like to see a stadium ban of ALL signs at game, no matter the message. If anyone has ever gone to a game and spent significant money just to have an obnoxious fan stand up all game and dance around with a stupid sign that you cant see over, its annoying and ruins the experience for other fans. Basically, security should be able to take away signs if its clearly ruining the experience for other fans. I dont think the message really matters.

Some signs relay an important message

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Reagarding the KC game- signs and fans Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
jagman777 wrote:

I admit they have the authority to remove them. I still think it's pathetic and sets a bad precedent.
JSMcTilty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the Lions vs. Saints game in 2008 at Ford Field (the 0-16 season), fans everywhere had "Fire Millen" signs.

The entertaining part was that when security came to confiscate the signs in our section, fans began passing them around the entire lower bowl. I even remember seeing one guy running up and down the aisles, and across rows - all while holding up the sign and being chased by security.

But I agree that most of the time signs are just annoying.
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Reagarding the KC game- signs and fans Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
jagman777 wrote:

I admit they have the authority to remove them. I still think it's pathetic and sets a bad precedent.

In what way. Its a private venue, the owners have the right to confiscate the signs or to remove the people holding the signs. People do not have the right to bring the signs into that venue.
Vindicatedxx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey if the owner sucks, too bad. KC's GM should do a better job. I still say boycotting a game is the best protest though.
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vindicatedxx wrote:
I still say boycotting a game is the best protest though.

This.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
Vindicatedxx wrote:
I still say boycotting a game is the best protest though.

This.

You have to pay for season tickets in advance. Would you be able to throw away that much money? Selling them wouldn't be a boycott, since somebody is in your seat.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: