Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miller > Watt
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doom92

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Miller > Watt Reply with quote

He is the best defensive player and is just a straight up beast against the pass and the run. Watt is definitely second and close to Miller, but Miller is the best defensive player in the league right now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Miller is an absolute monster, remember that he played Jeromey Clary and Mike Harris today.....

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
While Miller is an absolute monster, remember that he played Jeromey Clary and Mike Harris today.....

He's done this against every single team he's played. He's an absolute terror.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Broncos_OTM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
its not like miller hasnt been a beast this year against other teams. I think this argument is grounded in reality.
Broncos_OTM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
its not like miller hasnt been a beast this year against other teams. I think this argument is grounded in reality.
kenney

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to argue, but I'm not sure I can.

Von Miller is better than even I thought he'd be.
EMG58

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:

he did but he has been good the whole season. and hes been on fire the last couple of weeks. he has 7 sacks in the last 3 weeks. and now is leading the nfl in sacks and TFL.

this is going to be a close one. Both of them deserve it. Both have been monsters for their team. Cant wait to see who wins this.
dbronx42

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watt may have had the best start to the season, but NOBODY is playing better on the defensive side of the ball the past 6 games than Von Miller. Leads the league in sacks and tackles for loss. Not saying it's over as there are 6 weeks left, but Miller is the leader as of now IMO.

45 tackles, 13 TFL, 13 sacks, 4 FF's

I love both of these guys though. Should be fun to see what they do in the final stretch of the season.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:

when i argue for miller i mean no disrespect. I loved watt coming-out.

I think its neck and neck right now. With games against kc twice and oakland once still to com
Broncos_OTM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:

I think its neck and neck right now. With games against kc twice and oakland once still to com
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still Watt. It's not like he's hit a slump of any kind - he picked up another sack and deflection today. 11.5 sacks for a 3-4 defensive end is more impressive than 13 for an edge rusher.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos_OTM wrote:
kenney wrote:

And as I've said in other threads, I'm in no way trying to discredit Miller, simply temper the results a tad, particularly when drawing the comparisons to Watt.

I'm not even sure I'd straight up compare them - it's not quite to the level of trying to compare a DB to a DL or LB, but there is something to be considered that Watt is being (as the Bears game will show) double on most plays and in some cases triple-teamed... AND STILL producing. Which isn't something I've quite yet seen from Miller - again, not Von's fault, it's the nature of the the position he plays.

I do think it is relevant to bring up too that Von's last three weeks, not even arguable that they've been his best as more than half of his sack total has come in those 3 weeks combined, have drawn Jeromey Clary, Andre Smith (notoriously vulnerable to speed rushers), and Zach Strief. Not saying Watt hasn't seen some cupcakes on his schedule (though oddly, his best production came against the better lines - which isn't something I'd be as quick to say about Miller), as Jacksonville's, Chicago's, and Tennessee's interior OL are nothing to write home about; it's just food for thought.

I want to stress I'm in no way trying to categorize Miller's season this year as say akin to Kamerion Wimbley's '11 season. But, while I do agree that the pair of them (Watt and Miller) are neck and neck, I'm confidently giving the current edge to Watt on degree of difficulty due to competition faced more regularly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watt is superior than Miller relative to their respective positions. Therefore, I think Watt is a better and more dominant player. There are a lot of players who can do the things Miller does. How many 6-6 300 pound 5 tech DEs are there who are as disruptive as Watt. Probably just Justin Smith and Calais Campbell, but even those two arent on Watt's level.

Though its debatable to what position Miller really plays. He really cant be compared to 4-3 OLBs, nor can he be compared to 4-3 DEs. I basically put him in the same group as the other 3-4 OLBs in the league.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miller is flashier and hotter at the moment, but he is not better. No insult to him, of course, but Watt is on a very very rare level. Miller is playing great, but a more normal great, if that makes sense.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
24 catches, 307 yards, 3 TDs
DreDay80

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
It's still Watt. It's not like he's hit a slump of any kind - he picked up another sack and deflection today. 11.5 sacks for a 3-4 defensive end is more impressive than 13 for an edge rusher.

And he made two extremely clutch plays to just absolutely CRUSH the Jaguars momentum when they got to our 5 yard line. An explosion through the POA to stuff the back immediately after the handoff and a tip to force a field goal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 1 of 33

Jump to: