Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12: VIKINGS (6-4) at Bears (7-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
milanb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I recorded the game as I was out of town...only got to see the first half since Fox decided to switch the game on us (which was an appalling decision, but what can I do) and while Ponder certainly didn't help matters, he wasn't the reason they lost. The defense was the main reason. Their inability to stop the Bears on 3rd down was atrocious.

The Vikings couldn't stop the little slant passes to Brandon Marshall, and Cutler just kept throwing the ball to him on key downs, all game long. It was always Marshall, Marshall, Marshall.

Sad

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

since the game ended, here's what I got:

1) Christian Ponder managed the game. Yes, he managed. He missed a few deep throws (One he had early which just sailed alittle on Rudolph, still catchable, all the others were pretty bad) and he threw a pick when the WR ran a horrible route. Otherwise he was solid. He felt pressure, and did take alot of hits.

2) The interior Oline, mainly the guards are awful. Every team just collapses the middle for us, and we have no answer for it.

3) Adrian Peterson had a "bad" game. Sure, he had 100 yards rushing, but so what? He missed blocks, he fumbled twice, and he was just one broken tackle away from a few 50 plus gains. The Bears DID do a good job slowing him down.

4) Our offenses worst enemy is offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave.

5) We shot ourselves in the foot. We missed potentially 3-4 chances to get points and we didn't make anything of it. Jared Allen almost had an pick 6, Mistral Raymond would have had a TD but the refs gave Chicago unlimited reviews (1st time good, 2nd time good, 3rd time all of a sudden it changed). Blair Walsh kick blocked and we didn't convert on a 4th and goal.

6) Outside of Percy Harvin, Jarius Wright and Kyle Rudolph, our WRs are garbage.

7) Jasper Brinkley cannot be a starting MLB, Guion shouldn't be starting at NT. Backups. Pure backups who could probably spot start, or rotate, but thats it.

Cool This team really misses Chris Cook badly.

9) Jamarca Sanford got benched for Mistral Raymond? Ray actually was doing pretty good.

10) Our tackling got slightly better.

11) Our Head Coach is awful. He brings no passion to the team. He lacks leadership, and when things go wrong, we get the ol' crossed arms, stare into the camera look.

Overall, this isn't a playoff team, or atleast we destroyed our chance to make the playoffs by not beating the Bears. I've said 8-8 from the beginning, but I'm not even sure we can do that. Bill Musgrave and Leslie Frazier should probably both be fired.

This game was sickening, almost funny. It was like watching last year's team come to play. Laughing

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
milanb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

11) Our Head Coach is awful. He brings no passion to the team. He lacks leadership, and when things go wrong, we get the ol' crossed arms, stare into the camera look.

One could say the same thing about our starting QB.

Sad

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the kind of game where are weakness were exposed.
Its that simple.

We need a NT to stuff lanes
We need a WR to give throwing options
We need a MLB to cover the middle
We need a G to block better so QB can step into throws

Cook is a big loss to this team

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great synopsis. I think I agree with every line. You missed how bad the dline was against that offensive line.
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Sad

I don't really want to get into the whole argument about Frazier, but I can safely say that to suggest that a coach that shows passion is going to create any big difference in the product on the field is a very weak argument. Rex Ryan shows passion. And he's probably one of, if not, the worst head coaches in the league. It comes down to the players executing the plays that are called. If you need a head coach to motivate you with passion at the NFL level, then you don't belong in the NFL.

And again, the talent on this team does not warrant a firing of anyone, including Musgrave or Frazier. The fact that they are 6-5 right now is about where they should be. They aren't overperforming, they aren't underperforming. To quote Denny: They are who we thought they are.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Sad

What?

He manages games. At this point thats all he's doing.

but I don't expect people to have patience for young QBs. Everyone wants a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning to be their QB from day 1, but it just ain't happening. Even those guys went through some struggles before they became great.

SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
milanb wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Sad

I don't really want to get into the whole argument about Frazier, but I can safely say that to suggest that a coach that shows passion is going to create any big difference in the product on the field is a very weak argument. Rex Ryan shows passion. And he's probably one of, if not, the worst head coaches in the league. It comes down to the players executing the plays that are called. If you need a head coach to motivate you with passion at the NFL level, then you don't belong in the NFL.

And again, the talent on this team does not warrant a firing of anyone, including Musgrave or Frazier. The fact that they are 6-5 right now is about where they should be. They aren't overperforming, they aren't underperforming. To quote Denny: They are who we thought they are.

Of course every player must be mentally strong enough to play in the NFL. There is no doubt about that.

But a head coach that lacks any passion does hurt. and while that passion doesn't make a coach great, it does help the team. Thats the coach I'd want to play for. That kind of attitude I think would help me and my teammates stay focused, and ready. (Read below)

But there are a lot of factors, so thats not always the case. Leslie Frazier lacks that passion. He isn't much of a leader. He might say the right things to the media, but how can you be wrong when you are being super bland all the time. Stuff like:

Media: Do you guys expect to win this week?

Coach: We will try our hardest. They have a good team.

Thats the feel I've always got from Frazier. He just isn't what this team was looking for.

disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What player actually cares about what a coach says to the media or how he talks to them? 95% of the time Bill Belichick is one of blandest people when it comes to talking to the media and noone questions his passion.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
What player actually cares about what a coach says to the media or how he talks to them? 95% of the time Bill Belichick is one of blandest people when it comes to talking to the media and noone questions his passion.
We used to hear the same crap about Lovie, its the most ridiculous statement to make about a coach.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:

I think people take a lot of pride in their work, so when you have a guy that just looks like he doesn't care, or won't speak on a pressing issue, it just isn't good. I find it irritating.

I've heard interviews from Patriots players. Bill Belichick is no bland coach. Not one bit.

and whether you agree with that or not, something has to change with Frazier. Something, unless you think differently

He's not the only problem. Not at all, but something must be done man.

PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading Frazier's quotes...the Bears adjusted their game plan, and the Vikings defense apparently did not... Or maybe I am reading that wrong.
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not about necessarily passion but pride and getting your team ramped up in the game. It's holding players accountable and getting in their face.
Captain Viking

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:
It's not about necessarily passion but pride and getting your team ramped up in the game. It's holding players accountable and getting in their face.
they're professionals. If they can't get themselves "ramped up" then they shouldn't be playing
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Viking wrote:
thestonedkoala wrote:
they're professionals. If they can't get themselves "ramped up" then they shouldn't be playing

I think you're boiling it down too simply. They are professionals indeed, but there are several reasons they need coaches in the first place: to provide direction, strategic planning and, yes, motivation. It's all part and parcel. I would not take as hard a stance on this as you have.

Peppers90 on the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 56 of 57

Jump to: