You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12: VIKINGS (6-4) at Bears (7-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
The Bears will have a short week with a MNF game this week and they play a very physical 49ers team. Further, they will also have 6 days to get Jay Cutler ready to play. I wonder how the short week for the Bears against a physical team will impact this game as they play a fresh Vikings team coming off the bye week.

I really could see the Vikings hanging with the Bears. The Bears offense really hasnt been playing that well, but Cutler seems to have big games against the Vikings. I am more concerned about the Bears defense, they are very opportunistic. The Vikings need to take a conservative approach as they cant afford to let Ponder make many errant throws, those will be Ints against this Bears team. Id keep Ponder to a short passing attack and try and gash the Bears on the ground. The Bears have given up a lot on the ground recently, so I think Peterson is very capable of having another big game.

A short week against a very physical 49ers Oline and run game, I could see the Bears some issues defending Peterson.

It looks like Alex Smith is out for the Monday Night game. Which makes it a very winnable game for the Bears. Not because Alex Smith is any good, but because Colin Kaepernick looked awful against the Rams last week. It may have been a case of the jitters, but he was missing open receivers by about five yards on the intermediate routes. Jason Campbell is much less of a downgrade from Jay Cutler by comparison.

I would not put too much stock into the bye week vs. short week thing in this case. Unless the Bears get a bunch of guys hurt against the 49ers, a road game in Chicago in late November is going to be a really tough assignment for this Vikings team.

I'd consider the backups comparison a wash. Actually, I consider both teams pretty much even across the board. But San Francisco is at home, giving them an edge.

As for the travel, the game won't finish until about 9 pm SF time. With post game responsibilities, the flight won't leave until probably around 11 at least. An 11 pm departure from SF to Chicago gives you a landing time of 5 am Tuesday morning. The team probably won't do anything Tuesday, giving them only Wednesday through Saturday to prepare. Oh yeah, and it's Thanksgiving weekend too, meaning they'll probably have family or volunteering obligations.

I'm not saying the game won't be tough for us, but I still can't discount the short week for the Bears.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gosh, does anybody know what the chances are for Cutler to miss our game next week? I know the San Francisco defense is pretty good but Chicago has been getting ripped a new one both on offense and defense so far in this game.
Robb_K

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:

It looks like Alex Smith is out for the Monday Night game. Which makes it a very winnable game for the Bears. Not because Alex Smith is any good, but because Colin Kaepernick looked awful against the Rams last week. It may have been a case of the jitters, but he was missing open receivers by about five yards on the intermediate routes. Jason Campbell is much less of a downgrade from Jay Cutler by comparison.

I would not put too much stock into the bye week vs. short week thing in this case. Unless the Bears get a bunch of guys hurt against the 49ers, a road game in Chicago in late November is going to be a really tough assignment for this Vikings team.

Well, he's looking like Joe Montana tonight, and cutting through The Bears' defence like it's butter.

I hope Frazier, Musgrave and Ponder are watching this and taking notes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears are struggling on offence, because their offensive line is not making their blocks. The Niners are getting into The Bears backfield on every play. The Vikings might well put a lot of pressure on Campbell with just their front four, and might send a blitzer or two here and there, which might rattle Campbell into turnovers. He's not the calmest QB in the pocket. He's not the dangerous type that can shred a blitzing team.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian Peterson should hopefully have a big game, the Bears run defense just isnt that good right now.
Dr LoveVikings

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears' offensive line is getting abused, particularly the left side. I see a big day for Jared Allen in the near future Smile Although, if Cutler is back, the Bears will be sure to use quick passes (i.e. slants) to off-set the pass rush. Either way, our coaching staff needs to pay close attention to the 49ers gameplan tonight...both defensively and offensively...the Bears' defense is getting gashed by the run and play-action as well...

#rogerbadell
Robb_K

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr LoveVikings wrote:
The Bears' offensive line is getting abused, particularly the left side. I see a big day for Jared Allen in the near future Smile Although, if Cutler is back, the Bears will be sure to use quick passes (i.e. slants) to off-set the pass rush. Either way, our coaching staff needs to pay close attention to the 49ers gameplan tonight...both defensively and offensively...the Bears' defense is getting gashed by the run and play-action as well...

Yes, pounding them with AD, and Ponder using play-action off that should do well. As far as our defence goes, let's hope Cutler is still unable to play. Cutler will be able to handle the rush a LOT better than Campbell.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaepernick continues to play poised, and an almost perfect game. He looks like a World-beater, tonight. He's looking like SF made a wise choice to move up in The 2nd Round to take him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robb_K wrote:
Kaepernick continues to play poised, and an almost perfect game. He looks like a World-beater, tonight. He's looking like SF made a wise choice to move up in The 2nd Round to take him.

Or a lot of team's made a bad choice to let him fall to round 2. I like Kaepernick's potential, its only a matter of time before he is seriously considered for a starting job. He has just as much athleticism as Joe Webb and generally has looked like a better passer in the extended action of I have seen him. Wouldnt shock me of Kaepernick winds up being one of the better QBs in this draft class, he has the talent, the team and the coaching staff to really thrive.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Josh McCown is the Bears QB. Laughing
joru1000

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears suck, we win 24-13.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Now Josh McCown is the Bears QB. Laughing

Spoke too soon, Campbell is toughing it out.
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Cutler, Minnesota loses.

Without Cutler, it's anyone's game.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:
With Cutler, Minnesota loses.

Without Cutler, it's anyone's game.

Honestly, its anyone's game with or without Cutler. Cutler just hasnt been playing that good since about week 5. Outside of the Titans game, Cutler has very mediocre numbers. He hasnt been that explosive as a passer.

Matt Forte concerns me more than Cutler at this point. The Bears opportunistic defense concerns me more than Cutler. Cutler has shown that when you rattle him it can affect the Bears passing offense and the Bears Oline is a brutal bunch right now. With Cutler coming off the concussion, I wonder if he will be a little bit more paranoid about Jared Allen rushing his blind side.

Allen has been quiet the past few weeks, outside of that one fight/sack sequence, his pass rush has been slightly lagging. Hopefully he can have a breakout game and get to 10 sacks after this week.
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears just had to call a timeout after a punt return. Shocked Wow.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 3 of 57

Jump to: