Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So I'm Watching 3 Things:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phinmun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: So I'm Watching 3 Things: Reply with quote

...Chad Henne throw for 4 TDs an nearly beat the 8-1 Houston Texans. He was below 50% completions and was throwing behind his WRs all day. It was funny to watch but he's the same exact guy he's always been. While he had a little moment of success with 2 great targets (Marcedes Lewis & Justin Blackmon) I'm glad the Dolphins dropped him.

...Matt Schuab throw for over 500 yards and 5 TDs in an offense that has finally developed to the point it's a real pleasure to watch. Schuabs got weapons in Johnson, Walter, Daniels & Foster and the way the offense creates big plays and moves the chains so efficiently is gorgeous.

...Donald Thomas play LG for the Patriots as they go up 31 to 17 over the Colts, defense we could only manage 3 points against during the 2nd half of our match-up 3 weeks ago.

You watch these better QBs (Brady, Manning, Brees, Schuab, etc) and they always know what's going to happen post-snap. Their ability to anticipate and react instinctively is amazing. The ball is out so quickly the defense has very little time to react. It's the thing that's been missing in Miami for so long.

As Ovaw pointed out, watching our offense is painful at times because there's no continuity, no cohesion and no efficiency. We've been constantly re-booting the system for so long we've forgotten what it's like to have an offense gel over the course of time.

We are 4 or 5 years from having that be the case in Miami even if things go swimmingly for us.
hammer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched RGIII complete 93% of his passes and run for 83 yards. I'm sure glad we went on that winning streak last year. Twisted Evil
NBA: New York Knicks
phinmun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammer wrote:
I watched RGIII complete 93% of his passes and run for 83 yards. I'm sure glad we went on that winning streak last year. Twisted Evil

We.

Are.

Cursed.

Laughing

Dude, I'm watching Andrew Luck make some throws that are knocking me off my feet. He's made his mistakes but he's so much better than any other rookie QB that's come into this league it's unbelievable!

Clearly, CLEARLY, the Colts were fortunate with how it all played out.

I haven't watched RGIII but obviously he's a weapon. He's a total package kind of guy. There's just no debating any more than that these non-typical guys in college can make it translate in the NFL if the OC is good enough.

Last year was definitely not a bad year to have a 1st or 2nd overall selection!
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and Jax RB Parmlee is a former Phin 80 yrds on 23 carries I belive..
phinmun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhinFan52 wrote:
and Jax RB Parmlee is a former Phin 80 yrds on 23 carries I belive..

Bernie back?! Laughing
carlos2104

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People take our trash,and make them stars. It'd be nice to be on the other end of it
phinmun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlos2104 wrote:
People take our trash,and make them stars. It'd be nice to be on the other end of it

I'm not sure they always turn out great. Henne still sucks and Thomas is not really anything more than a fill-in but...

...I think it does show how we lack leadership and vision in South Florida.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
hammer wrote:

We.

Are.

Cursed.

Laughing

Dude, I'm watching Andrew Luck make some throws that are knocking me off my feet. He's made his mistakes but he's so much better than any other rookie QB that's come into this league it's unbelievable!

Clearly, CLEARLY, the Colts were fortunate with how it all played out.

I haven't watched RGIII but obviously he's a weapon. He's a total package kind of guy. There's just no debating any more than that these non-typical guys in college can make it translate in the NFL if the OC is good enough.

Last year was definitely not a bad year to have a 1st or 2nd overall selection!

I know I was screaming when we were winning meaningless games, but Luck would not be doing as well here (though he would be good he would be better then anything we have had since Marino) I am not jumping off Tanney wagon, we knew it was going to be a hard season, as long as we are learning and we get better next season, I am ok, its the year in year out of being 6-10,7-9,8-8 so tired of those seasons, and seems like we have more of those then we do any other.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
carlos2104 wrote:

I'm not sure they always turn out great. Henne still sucks and Thomas is not really anything more than a fill-in but...

Agreed. Stars wasn't really the word I wanted to use. I like to exaggerate for effect. Laughing But teams do seem to get decent use out of people we think are worthless.
phinmun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlos2104 wrote:
phinmun wrote:
carlos2104 wrote:

Agreed. Stars wasn't really the word I wanted to use. I like to exaggerate for effect. Laughing But teams do seem to get decent use out of people we think are worthless.

There's nothing wrong with having a few shoddy players on the roster, even a few that play.

The problem in South Florida is that for awhile the whole team was comprised of those types.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: