Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Podcasts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Podcasts Reply with quote

Maybe this belongs more in Entertainment, but I don't know.

Who else listens to Podcasts? Which ones do you listen to?

My list:
Startalk with Neil deGrasse Tyson
The Rich Eisen Podcast
Jaguars Radio
NFL Podcast with Peter King
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History - Haven't really listened to this much yet.

I'm looking for more NFL, science or comedy types. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Joe Rogan Experience

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

PantherDE90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ricky Gervais podcast is beast. Karl, Ricky and Steve are awesome in just about everything they do together.

Jay and Silent Bob Get Old too

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
stillersenat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're Alive

The Escape Artists trio of podcasts

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I "discovered" podcasts like a year ago....and they are free so you can't beat it for at least like an hour. My job has a lot of dead time and busy work so it was a great find when I did.

If you like comedy I got three for you

How did this get made? - Paul Scheer (Andre on The League), Jason Manzoukas ( Rafi on the League), Paul's wife June Diane Rapheal, and a guest. They discuss crazy and or bad movies (Batman & Robin, Barbwire, Jaws 4) Its very funny, especially if you've seen the movie too...and most of the ones they talk about you can find online or elsewhere cheap if you want to watch. Every other week is a new movie, with mini episodes updating what the next episode will be in the weeks between.

Cashing in with TJ Miller - TJ Miller (She's out of your League) and Cash Levy talk deeply about nonsense, talk philosophy on absurd topics, and is just very funny all around. Start at the beginning because the call back constantly to past jokes/episodes. New episode every Tuesday.

Doug Loves Movies - Doug Benson hosts a live show where he brings an assortment of guest as a panel and the play movie centric games on stage....they are usually comics and often will stray from the games but it is usually a good thing when they do.

Then I listen to others, usually are The Rooster Teeth Podcast and The Indoor Kids (both are comedy/video games). As well as The Nerdist and WTF w/ Marc Maron if the guest is someone I want to hear.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I kind of want to taste it
adamq

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan lebatard's Miami radio show is hilarious and a very good sports talk show.. Tuesdays with Ron Miguel are always really entertaining.

Smodcasts (Kevin Smith) is another favorite

-kiltman
FlyLikeAJet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen to the CLR Podcast every Monday http://www.clr.net/media.pl

Gmen4ev wrote:

No man should be able to consume the amount of alcohol you do ... therefor you must be an alien
Iggles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
I "discovered" podcasts like a year ago....and they are free so you can't beat it for at least like an hour. My job has a lot of dead time and busy work so it was a great find when I did.

If you like comedy I got three for you

How did this get made? - Paul Scheer (Andre on The League), Jason Manzoukas ( Rafi on the League), Paul's wife June Diane Rapheal, and a guest. They discuss crazy and or bad movies (Batman & Robin, Barbwire, Jaws 4) Its very funny, especially if you've seen the movie too...and most of the ones they talk about you can find online or elsewhere cheap if you want to watch. Every other week is a new movie, with mini episodes updating what the next episode will be in the weeks between.

Cashing in with TJ Miller - TJ Miller (She's out of your League) and Cash Levy talk deeply about nonsense, talk philosophy on absurd topics, and is just very funny all around. Start at the beginning because the call back constantly to past jokes/episodes. New episode every Tuesday.

Doug Loves Movies - Doug Benson hosts a live show where he brings an assortment of guest as a panel and the play movie centric games on stage....they are usually comics and often will stray from the games but it is usually a good thing when they do.

Then I listen to others, usually are The Rooster Teeth Podcast and The Indoor Kids (both are comedy/video games). As well as The Nerdist and WTF w/ Marc Maron if the guest is someone I want to hear.

I listen to all three as well as KATG and Yo, Is This Racist? Occasionally listen to The Indoor Kids, as well.

For longer-form stories, Risk! is where it's at.
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mhm. Doug Loves Movies is quite good. It's staggering how funny Doug is most of the time when he's hosting every time. Who would've thought Jon Hamm was so good at the Leonard Maltin game?

Nerdist podcast is decent, although Hardwick gets a little annoying when he fawns over his guests from time to time.

Comedy Film Nerds is entertaining as well. Has a good friend of Doug Benson on it by the name of Graham Elwood. Just two guys take on movies along with a guest. The T.J. Miller episodes of these are beyond hilarious.

Mike and Tom Eat Snacks is Michael Ian Black and Tom Cavanagh with their interesting humor talking about a certain type of snack each episode. Too bad they don't do it as much anymore.

Who Charted? with Howard Kremer and Kulap Vilaysack is one of the best podcasts out there mainly because Howard has one of the best deliveries in a comedic sense and it helps that he has good chemistry with Kulap. Love these guys.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
Mhm. Doug Loves Movies is quite good. It's staggering how funny Doug is most of the time when he's hosting every time. Who would've thought Jon Hamm was so good at the Leonard Maltin game?

Nerdist podcast is decent, although Hardwick gets a little annoying when he fawns over his guests from time to time.

Comedy Film Nerds is entertaining as well. Has a good friend of Doug Benson on it by the name of Graham Elwood. Just two guys take on movies along with a guest. The T.J. Miller episodes of these are beyond hilarious.

Mike and Tom Eat Snacks is Michael Ian Black and Tom Cavanagh with their interesting humor talking about a certain type of snack each episode. Too bad they don't do it as much anymore.

Who Charted? with Howard Kremer and Kulap Vilaysack is one of the best podcasts out there mainly because Howard has one of the best deliveries in a comedic sense and it helps that he has good chemistry with Kulap. Love these guys.

Yea Hamm killed it

Yea Hardwick can get a bit much sometimes, but I like the lax conversation with all these people I'm fans of. The recent one with Tom Hanks, the Lithgow one stand out, and there is gonna be a Mel brooks one soon that should be great too.

I like Michael Ian Black, and Comedy film nerds sounds like I'd like it too. So I'll check them out.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I kind of want to taste it
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen to soccer and hockey pod casts since I can't watch games. Helps me try to keep up with whats new.
HighHopes

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mostly listen to gaming podcast.

8-4 Play - Biweekly (every 2 weeks) podcast about Japanese gaming industry (their company does alot of localization stuff)

Giant Bombcast - Guys from Giantbomb talking games lol pretty easy.

Weekend Confirmed - Same as Giantbomb but with the Shacknews people (but they get guest quite a bit.

Then a couple that arent strictly gaming.

Rooster Teeth Podcast and The Morning Stream

Also have fun making my own gaming podcast every so often. I have even gotten a couple of members to do some.

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian and Jill Show - A morning radio show without the FCC. Brian is half of what was the Mark and Brian show. (Daily)

Mark and Lynda Podcast - Relationship and comedy. Mark is the other half of Mark and Brian. They also have LA Times reporters call in and talk sports. (Daily)

Kevin Pollak Chat Show - Kevin Pollak interviewing random celebrities. Very little structure, and just lets thing flow naturally. All of the ones I listened to are great. (Weekly)

This usually covers my work day.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
as11osu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
Dan lebatard's Miami radio show is hilarious and a very good sports talk show.

I've listened to every sports podcast there is and Dan's is the best. Getting Stan Van Gundy and Bomani Jones on Wednesday's and Thursday's brings it to a new level.

The B.S. Report with Bill Simmons is often terrible, but when he has on Jack-O that really is must listen caliber.

Other top notch podcasts I frequent include:

Freakonomics Radio
Judge John Hodgman
Savage Lovecast
The Basketball Jones
This American Life
Filmspotting

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I'm going to check these out and see which ones grab my interest.

I was going to do JT the Brick's radio show, as I used to listen to him several years ago, but the podcast is apparently broken and it won't download. *shrug*

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: