Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Turkey Day GDT Texans v Lions Week 12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't catch this til just now, but Jeff Backus the Lions starting LT for a while left the game late yesterday with a hammy injury, this could be huge for us. They moves rookie Reiff from Iowa who has been playing RT to LT and he struggled.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
kenney

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Didn't catch this til just now, but Jeff Backus the Lions starting LT for a while left the game late yesterday with a hammy injury, this could be huge for us. They moves rookie Reiff from Iowa who has been playing RT to LT and he struggled.

I'm really not optimistic about this game. Our players looked tired against Jacksonville. Arian clearly doesn't have his legs underneath him right now. Our pass rush has suddenly disappeared. Our secondary couldn't cover Justin Blackmon.

We just played a brutal 5-quarter game against a division rival and now have to turn around with no rest and play a team with a significantly better offense (and defensive line).

I'm bracing myself for a really bad Thanksgiving holiday.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

I'm really not optimistic about this game. Our players looked tired against Jacksonville. Arian clearly doesn't have his legs underneath him right now. Our pass rush has suddenly disappeared. Our secondary couldn't cover Justin Blackmon.

We just played a brutal 5-quarter game against a division rival and now have to turn around with no rest and play a team with a significantly better offense (and defensive line).

I'm bracing myself for a really bad Thanksgiving holiday.

Ya while we probably will lose, i wont be to mad since we kind of expect it.

Here's a tweet from Myers after the game yesterday....\

Chris Myers ‏@CMyers55
Physically and emotionally drained. So proud of the character and determination of our team. Proud to be part of #texansnation

We really need Tate to come back and carry the load this week.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
jargin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously no one wants Joseph to be out against the Lions of all teams. Obviously everyone wants to see Tate back in the lineup. Other than that, I don't think there is much to say other than wow we are playing on Thanksgiving. This is gonna be awesome.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/248478/detroit-suspends-titus-young-for-week-12

Titus Young suspended for the game this week, which means Broyles will probably be starting.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
DreDay80

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we go extremely pass happy on Thanksgiving. Arian Foster can't be getting 28 carries on a Sunday and 4 days later get another 20+....Andre coming off a career game will follow up with another HUGE game to get us the W.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about, but Reiff hasn't been starting at all this season. They bring him in as an extra OT when they want to run a jumbo package. Gosder Cherlius is the starting RT.
Marco79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda hope this game turns into a shootout. We have had so many games this year that were just blowouts and we started running out the clock. Last weeks game reminded me of '09 and '10, the games were so intense and exciting and I think this game will turn into a shootout. Texans win 38-31.
Lionsfanforever

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
I kinda hope this game turns into a shootout. We have had so many games this year that were just blowouts and we started running out the clock. Last weeks game reminded me of '09 and '10, the games were so intense and exciting and I think this game will turn into a shootout. Texans win 38-31.

I would be surprised if it wasn't a shootout. I love shootouts and with the Lions they get into a few every year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not expecting a win. I'm hoping for a good game and a defensive rebound. Go Texans
YlionsY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about, but Reiff hasn't been starting at all this season. They bring him in as an extra OT when they want to run a jumbo package. Gosder Cherlius is the starting RT.

Yep I think he thought Cherilus was moving from RT to LT which would be awful.

Actually pretty excited to see Reiff start at LT. He has done a good job when on the field.

Good luck to you guys!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Actually pretty excited to see Reiff start at LT. He has done a good job when on the field.

Good luck to you guys!

Ya I got mixed up, did Reiff come in last week after Backus got hurt?

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barwin has to have a big game, he's in his hometown, with all his family watching and we could use it.

Honestly im not expecting a win, but that's not to say we dont have a chance. Im just excited to watch some texans football on Thanksgiving for the first time ever!

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Good luck to you guys!

Ya I got mixed up, did Reiff come in last week after Backus got hurt?

I don't believe so. I'm pretty sure Backus played through the game. He did come in a lot as an extra OT though, and he'll be starting this week. There are concerns about his pass blocking which he struggles with a little bit. So, this week should be a great test/measuring stick game. I'm excited to see him go up against a good defensive line.
YellowSCRE4MS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Around 11 hours left until kickoff and I can't sleep in my room lol. I'm hoping for a good and entertaining game that results in a Texans win.

Was in the lobby and saw a few other fans in their Texans gear, hopefully its a good turnout of Texans fans at the game. *insert Bart Scott "cant wait" gif*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: