Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What do you do with Tim Tebow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carnageehw

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you do with Tim Tebow Reply with quote

Timothy67 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Timothy67 wrote:
Khalid1287 wrote:
I think the Jets should trade Mark Sanchez after the season and keep Tebow as their starting quarterback for next season

TEBOW IS NOT THE ANSWER.

The Jets do not have a defense that can suddenly dominate like the Broncos of last year and THAT more than anything is why they started winning.

End of story.

I don't think Tebow could take over and improve this team, but that's not because of the defense. It's because Tebow isn't good and neither are our RBs (although Bilal Powell was solid today).

But Tebow was still part of the reason for the turnaround. If anyone thinks they could have done the same with Orton, they are delusional.
My point is that it was the Broncos defense not Tebow that turned around their season.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
Cut both of them and draft Wilson/Barkley

Just want to put this out there, no particular reason why, but Imma go ahead and say Logan Thomas is going to be the best qb of that draft class next year.

K, carry on.

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids

Last edited by RavensTillIDie on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tugboat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade Tebow to Jacksonville for 'The Tarps' and a leather bound Bible in the version of Rex Ryan's choosing.
Ataal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you do with Tebow?

1. If you've already decided to get rid of Sanchez at the end of the season, start Tebow and put this debate to rest. I don't think Tebow's a good quarterback and don't think he would be very successful even on a talented roster, but the whole Tebow debate has gone on far too long. He won some games last year against some really really bad teams and they were almost all very close games. He won a playoff game against a hobbled Steelers. Then, got man-handled by the Patriots. Personally, I've seen all I've needed to see already, but apparently, people think he can actually beat good teams or something....

2. Find a spot for him that isn't under center. I bet he could be an amazing special teams player. Fullback? Maybe even Tight End.

3. Trade him away to a team that has no clear choice at the starter position. Maybe the Cardinals, but they will probably be stuck with Kolb because they'll win too many games to pick up the top tier in the first round. Or, as someone said earlier, to a team that has an elite quarterback. That way, there's no one rooting for Tebow to start and maybe he can develop into a decent backup under a guy like Rodgers, Manning, Brees, etc...

What can't happen, though, is for Tebow and Sanchez to be constantly up in the air of who will be the starter next week, and the week after that, and so on. In the locker room, Tebow is probably well liked as a person and leader, spiritual or otherwise, but in the back of their minds, they're all hoping he doesn't start. Sanchez had been improving drastically every season he's been in the league until this year. Maybe that's not all because of Tebow, and probably has a lot to do with injuries to key players and a very low ceiling talent roster, in general, but the Tebow thing surely isn't helping. Rex probably knew this would happen, but Woody really wanted Tebow there. It just can't go on, is all. Something's gotta give.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually use him maybe?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If tebow ends up getting released and no team signs him then i blame the whole media for this. No team is going to want a barrage of reporters at their complex everyday. The only team that i actually would negate the noise are the Pats because BB will know how to control him. Teams dont may not want to take a chance of tebow because of his ability but what tebow brings in regards to the media.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Malik

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
If tebow ends up getting released and no team signs him then i blame the whole media for this. No team is going to want a barrage of reporters at their complex everyday. The only team that i actually would negate the noise are the Pats because BB will know how to control him. Teams dont may not want to take a chance of tebow because of his ability but what tebow brings in regards to the media.

This man is correct. The Tebow fandom and the media is ironically going to be the reason he never gets a chance. It's not worth the headache to have him on the team. It distracts from the locker room. Unless a front office and coaching staff commits to him being their starter I do not think anyone picks him up.
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

This man is correct. The Tebow fandom and the media is ironically going to be the reason he never gets a chance. It's not worth the headache to have him on the team. It distracts from the locker room. Unless a front office and coaching staff commits to him being their starter I do not think anyone picks him up.

BTW forgive me for my grammar, i was in a rush.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trade him to jacksonville Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
Trade him to the Vikings for Christian Ponder.

Yes pls.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
Cut both of them and draft Wilson/Barkley

Just want to put this out there, no particular reason why, but Imma go ahead and say Logan Thomas is going to be the best qb of that draft class next year.

K, carry on.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drop the QB idea, and put some effort into developing him into another position. FB, TE, special teams, something. Because IMO he is valuable to a team based on his leadership, work ethic, and locker room influence.

If he isn't picking it up, then you walk away.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
trade him to jacksonville Rolling Eyes

I'll drive him to the airport.
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the front office is afraid of all the reporters that will come if they sign Tebow. Come on guys, come up with something better.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe_is_the_best wrote:
Yeah the front office is afraid of all the reporters that will come if they sign Tebow. Come on guys, come up with something better.

Don't be obtuse and act like public/media relations doesn't factor into whether or not a team decides to sign a player in all the 3 major sports.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: