Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Safe To Say The John Skelton Experiment Is Over
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
khodder wrote:
JeremyB80 wrote:
2013 we get our qb

I would rather not, this draft class is crap (No idea why you would even Float the poor mans Tebow in Collin Kelin there) and there are no great FA's.

Unless we are trading for a Rivers/Romo to play QB here I would prefer to run with Kolb, Lindley as a backup, Bartel as third string. Skelton on Waivers and then look at the development of the 2014 class.

Who do you take in the 2014 class that any better then this year? At some point you have to take a shot.

Derek Carr is better than anyone not named Geno, and he is very capable of being at least on that level. Teddy Bridgewater would be the best QB prospect in this draft. I like Brett Smith and David Fales, both capable of turning themselves into top 15 picks as a QB.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
khodder wrote:
JeremyB80 wrote:
2013 we get our qb

I would rather not, this draft class is crap (No idea why you would even Float the poor mans Tebow in Collin Kelin there) and there are no great FA's.

Unless we are trading for a Rivers/Romo to play QB here I would prefer to run with Kolb, Lindley as a backup, Bartel as third string. Skelton on Waivers and then look at the development of the 2014 class.

Who do you take in the 2014 class that any better then this year? At some point you have to take a shot.

Derek Carr is better than anyone not named Geno, and he is very capable of being at least on that level. Teddy Bridgewater would be the best QB prospect in this draft. I like Brett Smith and David Fales, both capable of turning themselves into top 15 picks as a QB.

Interesting names.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kid from Louisville, Bridgewater, is legit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

He does look the part but does he come out before his senior year.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

He does look the part but does he come out before his senior year.

I obviously can't say. I can't even throw a guess out. Just saying, he is very good.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bridgewater will be the 1st QB taken next year. He's got it all... You can mark down him with Clowney & Lee in the top 3.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
shawn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy is it.

and to think, I spent the whole offseason hoping for Skelton to win the starting job.

All Hail Kevin Kolb

sig made by mike23md
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
For the record I would still rather have Barkley than Lindley or Skelton, but he is not what he is cracked up to be.

He is having a bad season I agree but the team CANNOT just go with Lindley. No way the team can do that to the fans. The last 5 or 6 games last season for Barkley count for something.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
khodder wrote:
For the record I would still rather have Barkley than Lindley or Skelton, but he is not what he is cracked up to be.

He is having a bad season I agree but the team CANNOT just go with Lindley. No way the team can do that to the fans. The last 5 or 6 games last season for Barkley count for something.

For the record, I don't think there's anyway we go with Lindley next year. He'd have to blow away the offseason/preseason to be in consideration. IMHO, it's Kolb or someone not currently on the roster.

Not to make this a Barkley thread but he's out this weekend against ND.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So none of us are wild about the QBs available in free agency and the draft. Skelton will be 25 next year and has started 16 games. He is also under contract for about half a million dollars, so why not keep him as a #3? You would be hard pressed to find other quarterbacks that young with starting experience and I guess in theory Skelton still has potential so might as well keep him around one more year.

Justo on the sig
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
khodder wrote:

For the record, I don't think there's anyway we go with Lindley next year. He'd have to blow away the offseason/preseason to be in consideration. IMHO, it's Kolb or someone not currently on the roster.

I know. Crap. Seperated shoulder I think. Too bad. I want to see what happens at the combine now. Standing pat is not an option. The team can win with Kolb though.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One positive thing to note on Lindley is this;

Quote:
Center Lyle Sendlein was impressed with Lindley’s ability to relay the play to the offense in his first game. And the Cardinals didn’t have a delay of game or false start penalty under Lindley, two signs that he was able to command the line of scrimmage without hesitation.

This is magnified by the trouble that some players have had with the playbook.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
khodder wrote:

I know. Crap. Seperated shoulder I think. Too bad. I want to see what happens at the combine now. Standing pat is not an option. The team can win with Kolb though.

We've got to somehow restructure that contract though. Can't keep overpaying for a guy who can't stay healthy. At the very least make it an incentive-laden contract.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
khodder wrote:

Or the rest of this season...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
younggun1273

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
One positive thing to note on Lindley is this;

Quote:
Center Lyle Sendlein was impressed with Lindley’s ability to relay the play to the offense in his first game. And the Cardinals didn’t have a delay of game or false start penalty under Lindley, two signs that he was able to command the line of scrimmage without hesitation.

This is magnified by the trouble that some players have had with the playbook.

**Cough** Michael Floyd **Cough**

Justo on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: