Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Safe To Say The John Skelton Experiment Is Over
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
Yeah right. If Barkley is worse then Skelton or Lindley I will eat your shirt. That's a promise.

It is a different kind of worse.

Barkley is a Colt McCoy/Trent Dilfer/Chad Pennington type player.

Says you. We will see if the Arizona Cardinals FF experts are right on this one. Probably won't matter. In the Whiz era the team doesn't draft QB's or O line high.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
Whats the difference with Skelton and Lindley?

None. Both trash QB talent.

Thank you. Both have similar physical attributes, lack of accuracy, and they stare down receivers. But Khodder talks like Lindley is such a great prospect. There is a reason he was taken in the 6th round

I don't think Khodder talks like he's a great prospect. I think Khodder simply realizes the cold, hard truth, that anyone we could get in the 2012 NFL Draft aside from Geno Smith is just as big a project and/or is actually worse. In that case, I agree with his premise. Why wouldn't we just ride out Lindley?

Yeah right. If Barkley is worse then Skelton or Lindley I will eat your shirt. That's a promise.

He's just as big a prospect. Unless of course mis-reading defenses, staring down WRs and throwing INTs against average/below average Pac-10 defenses is a good thing.

My offer still stands.

Anybody who's seen Barkley this season would take that in a heartbeat. Ask for a new shirt for Christmas I guess.

Yeah and a camera to post the pic here if I am wrong. Not saying much. Lindley and Skelton are hot steaming garbage.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
khodder wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

Says you. We will see if the Arizona Cardinals FF experts are right on this one. Probably won't matter. In the Whiz era the team doesn't draft QB's or O line high.

Just put on the tape. Barkley is everything Khodder's saying he is.

The not drafting QBs high thing is kind of off base. Seriously, in all these years, which QBs should we have taken?

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
khodder wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

Not only me.

http://nfldraftmonsters.com/scouting/scouting-report-matt-barkley/

Quote:
All in all, I wouldn’t touch Barkley in the first round. He’s not a franchise caliber quarterback, he’s a journeyman backup type, and I just can’t justify spending anything very high on him. Someone will reach for him earlier than warranted though, most likely.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1411875-clearing-up-misconceptions-about-matt-barkleys-pro-potential-draft-stock

Quote:
Projected Round: Second Round

Quarterbacks have a tendency to be over-drafted, but Barkley carries a solid Round 2 grade prior to the Senior Bowl and NFL Scouting Combine. This is where he's graded; not a prediction of where he'll be drafted.

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record I would still rather have Barkley than Lindley or Skelton, but he is not what he is cracked up to be.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
For the record I would still rather have Barkley than Lindley or Skelton, but he is not what he is cracked up to be.

My thoughts as well.

He'd be a better QB than either Lindley or Skelton but he's not a franchise QB in my eyes and I've seen nothing from him this season to suggest he could change the direction of the Arizona Cardinals.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
I've seen nothing from him this season to suggest he could change the direction of the Arizona Cardinals.

A player of his skillset today would have turned that game for a L to a W. To me that is value right there. However, I think Kolb could have done the same thing.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
I've seen nothing from him this season to suggest he could change the direction of the Arizona Cardinals.

A player of his skillset today would have turned that game for a L to a W. To me that is value right there. However, I think Kolb could have done the same thing.

Probably but winning this game doesn't put a commemorative "Arizona Cardinals Super Bowl Champions" shirt on my back. That's what I want. That's what we all want. Otherwise, what are we doing here?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kolb had 7 tds 3 picks and 1 fumble right? What is skeltons stats?? Im to lazy/on my phone to look lol

Deadpulse
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZCardinalsFan wrote:
Kolb had 7 tds 3 picks and 1 fumble right? What is skeltons stats?? Im to lazy/on my phone to look lol

2 TDs, 5 INTs, 2 Fumbles.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is honestly not like we could of drafted a better QB then skelton. Plus he always is terrible in the first and second quarter of games. Face it he is!

Plus I honestly don't see anyone we could of drafted at this point that would be better which makes it so this HAS to be the year we draft a QB
EXAMPLE
1st Dan Williams, instead we could of had Jimmy Clausen, Colt Mccoy, Mike Kafka, Next QB taked was John, and we grabbed Max Hall...who beat the saints for us, and was honestly probably the 2nd best qb in that draft with bradford being first and tebow being third lol

2011 we take pp who i would much rather have over the other qbs; lockler ponder, and gabbert. Next ones we could of took were dalton i guess if we trade up instead of ryan williams...looking back i wish we did that lol, or kapernick but he does not throw well enough for us, then mallet over rob h...still happy stanzi over sherman..well happy with sherman, honestly no good qb's for our system here either

2012 we draft floyd, well yes this would be the year we SHOULD of drafted a qb I would take weeden over floyd right now, and my god would i kill to have rusell wilson as our starter! I think this was the year we blew the draft honestly.

Looking back we should of gone with whatever linemen we loved and russell wilson. We would probably be a playoff team with that, problem is we are still all in with kolb...same in 2011 thank god cause those qbs are terrible which brings us to 2013 draft

This is also why i think ken gets fired and Ray Horton becomes our HC with a strong OC

2013 QB prospects
1. Geno Smith-We would have to trade the farm for him, but it would probably be worth it
2. Matt Barkley-I hate the guy personally and am so done with USC qbs but he does fit our system
3. Landry Jones-I have him higher then most but he would fit what we do
4. Tyler Wilson-UGH he got a concussion as i typed this
5. Zac Dysert-Great small schol kid
6. Tyler Bray-If he comes out which i doubt he would fit our system well
7. Collin Klein-The wildcard! We could steal him in the third round and draft our line for him

I left some guys out Ej, and Aaron who i don't think fit us

If you look at the QB depth in this draft class we get our qb this year. Like it or not, and for the love of god we have to be right one time right!

List of Failed Arizona Quaterbacks that we have drafted btw
1. Neil Lomax (i miss him)
2. Timm Rosenbach
3. Tom Tupa (hall of fame punter!)
4. Steve Beuerlein
5. Jay Shroder
6. Dave Kreig
7. Boomer Esiason/Kent Graham (my god i forgot we had boomer)
8. the best qb we have ever drafted Jake Plummer
9. Jeff Blake/Josh McCown
10. Josh McCown Shawn King, John Navarre
11. Kurt Warner (can he come back?)
12 Matt Leinart (can we take this pick back!)
13 John Skelton/Max Hall (Anderson started we did not draft him)

Seriously look at the utter crap we have had! 2013 we get our qb

Amazing thank you going to MoJo122-b-21 for this sick signature!!!
younggun1273

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skelton's inaccuracy is just horrific for NFL standards. The worst part is that he is never putting the ball in a remotely catchable area. I would not blame the Cards if they just outright released him at the year's end.

I'm not sold on any of the quarterbacks in this year's class so Lindley needs to prove that he is the late round QB savior, not Skelton, that this team so desperately needs.

Justo on the sig
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeremyB80 wrote:
2013 we get our qb

I would rather not, this draft class is crap (No idea why you would even Float the poor mans Tebow in Collin Kelin there) and there are no great FA's.

Unless we are trading for a Rivers/Romo to play QB here I would prefer to run with Kolb, Lindley as a backup, Bartel as third string. Skelton on Waivers and then look at the development of the 2014 class.
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
JeremyB80 wrote:
2013 we get our qb

I would rather not, this draft class is crap (No idea why you would even Float the poor mans Tebow in Collin Kelin there) and there are no great FA's.

Unless we are trading for a Rivers/Romo to play QB here I would prefer to run with Kolb, Lindley as a backup, Bartel as third string. Skelton on Waivers and then look at the development of the 2014 class.

Who do you take in the 2014 class that any better then this year? At some point you have to take a shot.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
JeremyB80 wrote:
2013 we get our qb

Sounds okay if Kolb takes a paycut. Give him the job straight up so he gets every snap in training camp. Draft Joeckel or Lewan and replace Snyder. Use picks 3-7 on defense.

The Rebuild Has Begun...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: