Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What would you trade for Tamba Hali?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adam9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
I'd easily give up a low second round pick for him.

This

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
I'd go a 3rd and maybe throw in a 6th, or 3rd/5th and get a 6th in return.

This given he's having a down year compared to previous years....it'd be better for KC to keep him IMO

He had a slow start, but he's actually been back on track since the Baltimore game. And he's having, IMO, his best season in the run game so far.

39 tackles and 7 sacks in 9 games isn't exactly lighting it up for a 3-4 rush LB. Maybe it's the poor season his team is having, it can affect a players performance but you do expect more consistancy from your star player. Then again, lack of confidence in RAC.......just sayin'

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time i have seen KC play. Hali is a beast. One dimensional or not he just seems like one of those guys that is always around the ball.

I would trade a 2nd and a conditional mid round pick for him if i was a contender in a 3-4 scheme.

Like if your New England Or Raven or even the Steelers.. Why wouldn't you if KC made him available?

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not much of a complete player. He pass rushes, and thats it.

He's also 29 with a big salary. Still he's the lone bright spot for Kansas City.

I think they are better off keeping him, but If they don't, I can't see anyone giving up more than a late 2nd round pick.

down but not out. I still believe!
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Every time i have seen KC play. Hali is a beast. One dimensional or not he just seems like one of those guys that is always around the ball.

I would trade a 2nd and a conditional mid round pick for him if i was a contender in a 3-4 scheme.

Like if your New England Or Raven or even the Steelers.. Why wouldn't you if KC made him available?

Well, New England is a 4-3 defense now. So he would be a DE for them.
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

This given he's having a down year compared to previous years....it'd be better for KC to keep him IMO

He had a slow start, but he's actually been back on track since the Baltimore game. And he's having, IMO, his best season in the run game so far.

39 tackles and 7 sacks in 9 games isn't exactly lighting it up for a 3-4 rush LB. Maybe it's the poor season his team is having, it can affect a players performance but you do expect more consistancy from your star player. Then again, lack of confidence in RAC.......just sayin'

Sacks is not a great stat, when looked at alone. You also need to look at QB hits and hurries. Before today he had 4 hits and 14 hurries, which is pretty good.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 3rd but only because the Lions run a 4-3 and we'd either have to change our scheme, or he'd have to adapt. Normally I'd say a 3rd & 5th or a 2nd for Hali and a 5th.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

Sacks is not a great stat, when looked at alone. You also need to look at QB hits and hurries. Before today he had 4 hits and 14 hurries, which is pretty good.

Especially considering how porous our passing defense has been. He hasn't had the luxury of getting coverage sacks this season like he has the last couple years with Carr & Flowers locking down both sides. Routt was horrid before he was released and Arenas hasn't exactly been a world beater, either. Better than Routt, yes...but still no Brandon Carr. Tamba's been generating pressure consistently even without help from the secondary.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Helps more than you'd know.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like my draft picks. Last year we had Lardarius Webb, Ray Rice, and Torrey Smith all making huge contributions while being paid practically nothing because they were all on their rookie contracts. Maybe Yanda too. Can't remember whether he got his contract this year or last.

But I REALLY like Hali. But he is also 29.

I'd give up a 2nd.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

Hali is still 5th in the NFL for 3-4 OLBs in sacks. So maybe it isn't lighting it up, but it is certainly still above average, in a "down" year. And that is having missed a game as well.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
20 catches, 274 yards, 3 TDs
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would give a 2nd....

If we are talking about the Bears specifically, I would give our 1st rounder, I think the 32nd pick isnt too bad for Hali Wink

Seriously though, I think he would be a nice DE across from Peppers so I really would give a 1st which I think would be like 26th or something now.

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
The Cryptkeeper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll trade a Curtis Painter rookie card and the pants Cassius Vaughn's been getting juked out of.

Hali's worth more, I'm just a notoriously stingy negotiator.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really can't afford it, but I'd love to have him. In terms of compensation I'd give you a quite a bit more for Justin Houston.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

given his season and salary a team that runs a similar system in a win-now mode might give up a 3rd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

Hali is still 5th in the NFL for 3-4 OLBs in sacks. So maybe it isn't lighting it up, but it is certainly still above average, in a "down" year. And that is having missed a game as well.

That's a nice perspective, but he's still 22nd in the league in sack, so for him, it IS a down year...he has top 10 ability in this area, and he's not a very complete LB the rest of the way IMO, that's why I'd only give up a 3rd & 5th/6th for him. As stated earlier though, he could have a big impact for a contender in a 3-4 Defense.

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: