Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Ryan is not an MVP candidate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13168
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duh?
_________________
Pugger wrote:
Pugger? Shocked

#FREEBARRINGTON
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 22647
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolverine_Joe wrote:
Bobikus wrote:
Wolverine_Joe wrote:
1. rodgers
2. manning
3. peterson
4. brady
5. big ben


it's gonna be a close race. brady is now in the discussion.


Ben only has a chance if Pit's offense falls apart for the next two games under leftwich, then Ben comes back ahead of schedule and goes on a win streak that puts the Steelers on top of the division.


Agreed, and I'm a Ravens fan. Ben has been phenomenal this year.


too bad he went down. ben is no doubt the most underrated QB right now.

_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14069
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jj watt still has this on lock down
_________________
]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ServantofYHWH


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 13659
Location: Clutch City
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
jj watt still has this on lock down


Matt schaub too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
BladeKor


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 881
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole season MVP is flawed anyways. The only MVP that matters is Superbowl MVP.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29498
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. 2 bad games could hurt him from getting the MVP. Who cares about MVP though. Falcons want a super bowl.

however, he didn't have Julio Jones at anywhere near full speed today and the Cardinals schemed very well against him. plus he had the worst day of his career. It happens.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Insane82


Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Posts: 708
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY another troll thread against the falcons and their fans gotta love this place...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolverine_Joe


Joined: 23 Oct 2007
Posts: 2986
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BladeKor wrote:
The whole season MVP is flawed anyways. The only MVP that matters is Superbowl MVP.



nonsense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
-Munch-


Joined: 26 Sep 2011
Posts: 3005
Location: Tennessee
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insane82 wrote:
YAY another troll thread against the falcons and their fans gotta love this place...


I don't really think it's a troll thread.

For weeks there was buzz 'Matt Ryan is MVP', or at least a candidate..

This thread is just stating the fact that he's not, and shouldn't be. At least not anymore. The Falcons are winning but it's for a number of reason, not necessarily him.
_________________
Welcome Whisenhunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AJG


Joined: 24 Feb 2012
Posts: 667
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Matt Ryan is not an MVP candidate Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
JuicyJax wrote:
The Atlanta Falcons have gone 2-0 in games where Matt Ryan has thrown 3 or more interceptions. With an improved defense playing fairly strong, a solid offensive line, and being surrounded by weapons to throw the ball to Matt Ryan simply is not MVP worthy in my eyes.


The key being "in your eyes."

The MVP goes to a good QB with nice stats and lots of wins. It has nothing to do with his actual value to the team. Nobody that is part of the process cares about the stats you point to. They have 3 questions.
1. Is he a QB?
2. Does he have really good stats?
3. Does his team have a winning record?

The answer to those questions are yes, yes and yes. So in my eyes (looking at things pragmatically) I absolutely see an MVP candidate. And a strong one.


If that was my argument then I would still put Manning, Brady, and Rodgers over Ryan and say after that after today Schaub is catching up to Ryan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tylerdouglass


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 14168
Location: Bellingham, WA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insane82 wrote:
YAY another troll thread against the falcons and their fans gotta love this place...


Someone disagreeing with you doesn't make them a troll, so let's keep away from name calling.

If you think someone is trolling or looking to incite anger, PM a mod and let them deal with it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JuicyJax


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 152
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insane82 wrote:
YAY another troll thread against the falcons and their fans gotta love this place...

I didn't make this with trolling in mind at all, it's my honest opinion that he doesn't mean more to his team than the likes of Peyton or Brady. Matt Ryan was in serious MVP talks the last few weeks and a game like today's puts him out of contention.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UpTheSeam85


Joined: 23 Aug 2011
Posts: 835
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
wow. 2 bad games could hurt him from getting the MVP. Who cares about MVP though. Falcons want a super bowl.

however, he didn't have Julio Jones at anywhere near full speed today and the Cardinals schemed very well against him. plus he had the worst day of his career. It happens.

Which we all know won't happen because Matt Ryan is not capable of winning a playoff game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J Pep 4 Step


Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 29825
Location: Greenvillain, NC
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Matt Ryan is not an MVP candidate Reply with quote

AJG wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
JuicyJax wrote:
The Atlanta Falcons have gone 2-0 in games where Matt Ryan has thrown 3 or more interceptions. With an improved defense playing fairly strong, a solid offensive line, and being surrounded by weapons to throw the ball to Matt Ryan simply is not MVP worthy in my eyes.


The key being "in your eyes."

The MVP goes to a good QB with nice stats and lots of wins. It has nothing to do with his actual value to the team. Nobody that is part of the process cares about the stats you point to. They have 3 questions.
1. Is he a QB?
2. Does he have really good stats?
3. Does his team have a winning record?

The answer to those questions are yes, yes and yes. So in my eyes (looking at things pragmatically) I absolutely see an MVP candidate. And a strong one.


If that was my argument then I would still put Manning, Brady, and Rodgers over Ryan and say after that after today Schaub is catching up to Ryan.


Which is fine. But none of that makes any kind of argument that he isnt an MVP candidate.

I couldnt care less. The award has become utterly irrelevant. But, based on voting practices (reality) the guy is a candidate.
_________________

CK on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolverine_Joe


Joined: 23 Oct 2007
Posts: 2986
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Matt Ryan is not an MVP candidate Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
AJG wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
JuicyJax wrote:
The Atlanta Falcons have gone 2-0 in games where Matt Ryan has thrown 3 or more interceptions. With an improved defense playing fairly strong, a solid offensive line, and being surrounded by weapons to throw the ball to Matt Ryan simply is not MVP worthy in my eyes.


The key being "in your eyes."

The MVP goes to a good QB with nice stats and lots of wins. It has nothing to do with his actual value to the team. Nobody that is part of the process cares about the stats you point to. They have 3 questions.
1. Is he a QB?
2. Does he have really good stats?
3. Does his team have a winning record?

The answer to those questions are yes, yes and yes. So in my eyes (looking at things pragmatically) I absolutely see an MVP candidate. And a strong one.


If that was my argument then I would still put Manning, Brady, and Rodgers over Ryan and say after that after today Schaub is catching up to Ryan.


Which is fine. But none of that makes any kind of argument that he isnt an MVP candidate.

I couldnt care less. The award has become utterly irrelevant. But, based on voting practices (reality) the guy is a candidate.


He was, but not anymore. he is statistically out of the race as of today. but he can easily get back in the race.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group