Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Ryan is not an MVP candidate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Matt Ryan is not an MVP candidate Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
JuicyJax wrote:
The Atlanta Falcons have gone 2-0 in games where Matt Ryan has thrown 3 or more interceptions. With an improved defense playing fairly strong, a solid offensive line, and being surrounded by weapons to throw the ball to Matt Ryan simply is not MVP worthy in my eyes.

The key being "in your eyes."

The MVP goes to a good QB with nice stats and lots of wins. It has nothing to do with his actual value to the team. Nobody that is part of the process cares about the stats you point to. They have 3 questions.
1. Is he a QB?
2. Does he have really good stats?
3. Does his team have a winning record?

The answer to those questions are yes, yes and yes. So in my eyes (looking at things pragmatically) I absolutely see an MVP candidate. And a strong one.

No one in the media is considering him for the award though.

Yes, obviously now. But that wasn't the case as of yesterday. I think it's a pretty obvious statement to make that he isn't a MVP candidate a hour or two after he threw no tds and 5 picks, don't you?
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Matt Ryan is not an MVP candidate Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Malik wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
JuicyJax wrote:
The Atlanta Falcons have gone 2-0 in games where Matt Ryan has thrown 3 or more interceptions. With an improved defense playing fairly strong, a solid offensive line, and being surrounded by weapons to throw the ball to Matt Ryan simply is not MVP worthy in my eyes.

The MVP goes to a good QB with nice stats and lots of wins. It has nothing to do with his actual value to the team. Nobody that is part of the process cares about the stats you point to. They have 3 questions.
1. Is he a QB?

The answer to those questions are yes, yes and yes. So in my eyes (looking at things pragmatically) I absolutely see an MVP candidate. And a strong one.

Yes, obviously now. But that wasn't the case as of yesterday. I think it's a pretty obvious statement to make that he isn't a MVP candidate a hour or two after he threw no tds and 5 picks, don't you?

I don't think too many people in the media were even considering him yesterday, personally.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of the next five years I bet Rodgers, Manning, Brady and Brees will take account for at least 4 of the MVPs. Ryans chances are slim to none.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Nihc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brady just seriously closed the ground between him and Rodgers and Manning. Right now it's a toss up.

2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Matt Ryan is not an MVP candidate Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Malik wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
JuicyJax wrote:

1. Is he a QB?

I don't think too many people in the media were even considering him yesterday, personally.

Oh come on. NOW you are going to give the media credit for not looking at things like the MVP award simplistically???

CK on the sig
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Matt Ryan is not an MVP candidate Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
JuicyJax wrote:

1. Is he a QB?

Sure they arent. Rolling Eyes

Naw, nobody in the media would ever consider a QB with good stats leading a 9-1 team for the MVP award. The media is way too smart for that.

CK on the sig
janky

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real question is, if the Vikings make the playoffs is Adrian Peterson MVP? Shoot, even if the Vikings don't make the playoffs AP surely deserves consideration over Ryan. I'm still not convinced Matt Ryan an elite / above average QB, let alone MVP.

Adrian Peterson or Peyton Manning sweeping both CPOTY and MVP?
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Peyton Manning is probably the top MVP candidate at this point. I think he deserves it more than Ryan. Rodgers and Brady dont really deserve it.

You aren't the only one saying this and I don't really get it.

Brady is leading the #1 PPG offense
Brady is leading the #1 YPG offense

(both by considerable margins)

Brady is equal or better than Peyton in almost every stat, and that's with Brady having 15 TDs sniped by his running attack- and Brady doesn't audible it to a pass every time it's within the 5 yard line (exaggeration obviously but the Patriots have WAY more redzone rushing TDs)

Brady also beat Peyton head to head- actually blew him and his Broncos out.

Brady also has a worse defense and the Patriots have dealt with WAY more injuries than the Broncos have.

As for the OPs topic, yeah I think this has been obvious to anyone who has watched him all season that isn't from the Atlanta area. He's probably the weakest link on the team and more likely to cost them a playoff game than anyone else.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janky wrote:
The real question is, if the Vikings make the playoffs is Adrian Peterson MVP? Shoot, even if the Vikings don't make the playoffs AP surely deserves consideration over Ryan. I'm still not convinced Matt Ryan an elite / above average QB, let alone MVP.

Adrian Peterson or Peyton Manning sweeping both CPOTY and MVP?

If AP ends up with like 1800 yards, he'll probably be in consideration for offensive player of the year, but he would have to have over 2000 yards to really be in consideration for MVP. Chris Johnson had 2000 yards rushing and broke the YFS record and didn't win MVP that year.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Matt Ryan is not an MVP candidate Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

Not sure about yesterday, but every article I read in the past few weeks had Matty Ice's name listed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's also not forget that there was a "sure-fire" INT that was dropped today as well. 5 INT's that could and should have been 6.

And yes, there were plenty of threads (and people, and I'm one of them) who have been saying all year that Matt Ryan is NOT an MVP candidate. He's a product of the talent that's been placed around him, nothing more.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. rodgers
2. manning
3. peterson
4. brady
5. big ben

it's gonna be a close race. brady is now in the discussion.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolverine_Joe wrote:
1. rodgers
2. manning
3. peterson
4. brady
5. big ben

Ben only has a chance if Pit's offense falls apart for the next two games under leftwich, then Ben comes back ahead of schedule and goes on a win streak that puts the Steelers on top of the division.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
Wolverine_Joe wrote:
1. rodgers
2. manning
3. peterson
4. brady
5. big ben

Ben only has a chance if Pit's offense falls apart for the next two games under leftwich, then Ben comes back ahead of schedule and goes on a win streak that puts the Steelers on top of the division.

too bad he went down. ben is no doubt the most underrated QB right now.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That offense isn't really the sort anyway to put up the bulk numbers needed for MVP. Maybe next year if we keep Wallace and DeCastro is as good as he's expected to be once he returns.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: