You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Ryan is not an MVP candidate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JuicyJax wrote:
UpTheSeam85 wrote:
Wolverine_Joe wrote:
imagine what brady or manning would do with those WRs

You mean Rodgers

Rodgers' weapons aren't anything to shake a stick at. Also not to take away from A-rod because I love the guy and think he's an excellent quarterback, but if Tom Brady or Peyton Manning had that Falcons team around them in their primes we would be talking dynasties.

Yes because the 07 Patriots were so untalented theres no way they could've ever become a dynasty. Or even win 1 superbowl for that matter.

Of course Brady and Manning are better than Ryan. As well as Brees, Rodgers, arguably Ben, Eli maybe some more i'm missing. But aside from this horrible outing, Ryan has been playing really well. MVP worthy? No, not even before today IMO. But I don't think its right to say that another QB would win multiple rings with those weapons, when the arguably best team of all time lost the Superbowl. Matt Ryan has been playing good enough until today, lets see if he comes back stronger or continues to decline from here.
dahobofest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw he had 5 interceptions, 0 TDs and they won Shocked . I didn't get a chance to watch the game because I only watch the Cowboy game when they're playing. What happened?
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
I just saw he had 5 interceptions, 0 TDs and they won Shocked . I didn't get a chance to watch the game because I only watch the Cowboy game when they're playing. What happened?

Cardinals offense sucks.

And the line couldn't protect, than made a couple bad decisions and white bobbled a ball. Of those 5, two were clearly on him.
UpTheSeam85

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
JuicyJax wrote:
UpTheSeam85 wrote:
Wolverine_Joe wrote:
imagine what brady or manning would do with those WRs

You mean Rodgers

Rodgers' weapons aren't anything to shake a stick at. Also not to take away from A-rod because I love the guy and think he's an excellent quarterback, but if Tom Brady or Peyton Manning had that Falcons team around them in their primes we would be talking dynasties.

Yes because the 07 Patriots were so untalented theres no way they could've ever become a dynasty. Or even win 1 superbowl for that matter.

Of course Brady and Manning are better than Ryan. As well as Brees, Rodgers, arguably Ben, Eli maybe some more i'm missing. But aside from this horrible outing, Ryan has been playing really well. MVP worthy? No, not even before today IMO. But I don't think its right to say that another QB would win multiple rings with those weapons, when the arguably best team of all time lost the Superbowl. Matt Ryan has been playing good enough until today, lets see if he comes back stronger or continues to decline from here.

I don't agree with that statement.
dahobofest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

Cardinals offense sucks.

And the line couldn't protect, than made a couple bad decisions and white bobbled a ball. Of those 5, two were clearly on him.

You wanna watch a line that can't protect? Watch a Cowboy game. They made the browns defensive line look like All-Pros.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
arguably Ben

It's not arguable.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just showed the game/highlights at halftime on CBS... and they didn't even mention the 5 interceptions. You still hear about Romo's 5 interception game half a season later... Rolling Eyes
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:
arguably Ben

It's not arguable.

It really isn't. Eli and Ben are clearly all alone in the 2nd tier. Ryan is on the third tier with Romo and Rivers.

Quote:
I like PFF.

Go straight to hell.
NYGFan101

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:

07 was one year. Wasn't the same team year after year, so not sure what you're trying to say.

We saw what Brady can do with an elite deep threat WR throwing 50TDs and same with Manning when he had Harrison.

Now give them Jones/White and it's over. Brady has the TE, but he doesn't have that elite deep threat like Ryan does with having two.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGFan101 wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:

07 was one year. Wasn't the same team year after year, so not sure what you're trying to say.

We saw what Brady can do with an elite deep threat WR throwing 50TDs and same with Manning when he had Harrison.

Now give them Jones/White and it's over. Brady has the TE, but he doesn't have that elite deep threat like Ryan does with having two.

Yep. Even just one would be deadly, but the two? Oh man. TG as well (while not as good as Gronk) is a pretty dang good TE.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
Bobikus wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:
arguably Ben

It's not arguable.

It really isn't. Eli and Ben are clearly all alone in the 2nd tier. Ryan is on the third tier with Romo and Rivers.

Pretty much, and with how the 3rd tier has played this season there's probably a significantly less gap right now between the 1st and 2nd tier than between the 2nd and 3rd.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
Bobikus wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:
arguably Ben

It's not arguable.

I would take Ryan over Eli anyday. (And of course Romo)
spiritoftruth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcons 8-0 and Matt Ryan playing lights out, no Matt Ryan/ Falcons' threads.

Matt Ryan throws for 5 ints, immediately a Matt Ryan thread. Laughing

Falcons fans must be ripping their hair out.

[quote="NextBigThing"] I am a Patriots fan, I know all about excellence.[/quote]
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiritoftruth wrote:
Falcons 8-0 and Matt Ryan playing lights out, no Matt Ryan/ Falcons' threads.

Matt Ryan throws for 5 ints, immediately a Matt Ryan thread. Laughing

Falcons fans must be ripping their hair out.

There was definitely a Falcons' thread asking something along the lines of "Are the Falcons really this good?"

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
Malik

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Matt Ryan is not an MVP candidate Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
JuicyJax wrote:
The Atlanta Falcons have gone 2-0 in games where Matt Ryan has thrown 3 or more interceptions. With an improved defense playing fairly strong, a solid offensive line, and being surrounded by weapons to throw the ball to Matt Ryan simply is not MVP worthy in my eyes.

The key being "in your eyes."

The MVP goes to a good QB with nice stats and lots of wins. It has nothing to do with his actual value to the team. Nobody that is part of the process cares about the stats you point to. They have 3 questions.
1. Is he a QB?
2. Does he have really good stats?
3. Does his team have a winning record?

The answer to those questions are yes, yes and yes. So in my eyes (looking at things pragmatically) I absolutely see an MVP candidate. And a strong one.

No one in the media is considering him for the award though.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: