Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fatt Lipp's Mock Draft Verson 1.0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fattlipp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Fatt Lipp's Mock Draft Verson 1.0 Reply with quote

Fatt Lipp's Mock draft Verson 1.0

FA SIGNINGS:
Nnamdi Asomugha : CB - Raiders : Scrabble comes here for a discount to get a ring and play w/ Woody who moves to safety.
Antwan Barnes : DE/OLB - Chargers : Adds Depth at OLB and is a great ST player.

TRADES:
Matt Flynn : QB - Traded to Jacksonville for a 3rd #(16) and conditional 2012.
Nick Barnett : LB - Traded to NO for a 5th.
James Jones : WR - Traded to the Browns for a 3rd. 3(6).

RESIGNED:
Brandon Jackson : RB : with 2010 rules in effect, he's not an UFA, so he's forced to sign his RFA tender and play another year with us.
John Kuhn : FB - Plays both 4th RB and FB, great contributor.
Mason Crosby : K - Stable, we need to keep him.
Howard Green : NT - Great back-up.

NOT RESIGNED/CUT:
Cullen Jenkins : DE - Found a better deal, we can't match. Sign and Trade doesnt happen.
Jason Spitz : c - We have better options now for the price.
Atari Bigby : S - We have better options now for the price.
Donald Lee : TE - Good as Gone.
Brady Poppinga : LB - Not woth contract.
Mark Tausher : OT - Retires/Cut

DRAFT:

Picks pre-Draft
1(32)
2(32)
3(6) From Browns
3(16) From Jacksonville
3(32)
4(32)
4(34) comp pick
5(32)
6(32)
7(1) From carolina
7(32)

We dont need 11 players so TT is active with a big Trade Up.

Everyone is so high Miller, Houston and Reed, but I think the player that falls a bit and TT covets is Aldon Smith

St Louis wants lots of Picks, So we help them out
1(14) for our 1(32),2(32),3(6)

1(14) Aldon Smith, DE/OLB, Missouri Height: 6-4. Weight: 263. Combine 40 Time: 4.74. Benchx225: 20. Vertical: 34. Arm: 35 3/8.
Is the perfect OLB to play opposite Thor. Has better bend than Houston.

3(16)via JAX - Joseph Barksdale, OT, LSU - Scouting Report Height: 6-5. Weight: 325. Combine 40 Time: 5.33. Benchx225: 29. Arm: 36.
Great prospect, can fill in at either Tackle position, andis a great pass blocker.

3(32) Greg Little, WR, North Carolina Height: 6-3. Weight: 231. Pro Day 40 Time: 4.53. Vertical: 40.5. Broad: 10-9. Hand: 9 1/8.
Falls a bit cause interviewed awfully, but great value here, has 1st round potential.

4(32) Jacquizz Rodgers, RB, Oregon State Height: 5-7. Weight: 196. Pro Day 40 Time: 4.47. Benchx225: . Vertical: 33.
We have a gadget/utility player now, and outstanding return man.

4(34) Jarvis Jenkins, DE/DT, Clemson Height: 6-4. Weight: 310. Combine 40 Time: 4.98. Benchx225: 17. Vertical: 26.5. Arm: 33 1/4.
Will fit in well in the DL rotation.

5(32) Mark Herzlich, ILB, Boston College Height: 6-4. Weight: 244. Combine 40 Time: 4.92. Benchx225: 29. Vertical: 32.5. Arm: 32 5/8.
Screams GB target player, wonderful story/character etc. If can fully heal can be a steal.

6(32) Greg McElroy, QB, Alabama Height: 6-2. Weight: 220. Combine 40 Time: 4.84. Hand: 9 3/8.
A cheaper Flynn clone. SEC winner.

7(1) via CAR -Zane Taylor, C, Utah Height: 6-3. Weight: 309. Pro Day 40 Time: 5.45. Benchx225: 41. Arm: 33.
Spitz's replacement. Strong as an Ox.

7(32) DeAndre Brown, WR, Southern Miss Height: 6-6. Weight: 233. Pro Day 40 Time: 4.59. Vertical: 29. Broad: 8-11. Hand: 9 5/8.
Hybrid WR/TE that can make a great red Zone target.

DEPTH CHART: (53 man roster)
QB Rodgers/McElroy
RB Starks/Grant/Jackson/Rodgers
WR Jennings/Driver/Nelson/Little/Swain/Rodgers/Brown
TE Finley/Quarles/Crabtree/Brown
OT Clifton/Baluga/Barksdale/Lang
OG Sitton/Colledge/Newhouse/Lang/Deitrich-Smith
C Wells/MacDonald
K Crosby
KR Rodgers/Shields

DE Pickett/Neal/Wynn/Wilson/Harrell/J.Jenkins
DT Raji/Green/Pickett
OLB Mathews/Smith/Zambo/Barnes/Jones/Walden
ILB Hawk/Bishop/Herzlich/Chillar
CB Asomugha/Williams/Shields/Woodson/Lee/Underwood
S Collins/Woodson/Pepreh/Burnett
P Masthay
PR Rodgers/Shields

Last edited by fattlipp on Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
fattlipp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

80+ views and no comments. Hmmm
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting approach here. I really don't see us trading Flynn though. As for the picks:

I love the idea of trading up big to get the guy we want. I am really unsure about whether or not Smith can play OLB, he definitely strikes me as more of a 4-3 DE.

I like Barksdale, he might be the best technician at his position in the draft.

I have loved Greg Little (on the field) for a long time. He would be a terror out of the slot for us. His character concerns me though.

Not a Quizz fan, but that's a decent spot to snag a RB.

Absolutely no way Jenkins falls that far, IMO. He is a surefire 3rd round pick from what I've heard and read.

Love Herzlich, dude was born to be a Packer.

No way McElroy falls that far either, but I like him a decent amount.

Taylor and Brown are good picks as well. Solid mock.

EDIT: Meant to say Jenkins is a 3rd rounder, not 2nd.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/14761281/missouris-smith-says-olb-move-suits-him-fine

Nice read about Smith, think he can play OLB no problem, has been compared to Jason Taylor , who made a pretty good OLB in Miami.
No one thought Suggs could play coverage either and look at him.
rbens06

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like the idea of trading up to get a prospect we really like and someone that can come in and contribute immediately. I am a fan of Smith, he is really young and has a ton of upside and athleticism. I do think he is better suited for the 4-3, but I think he has the athleticism and skills to be a very good 3-4 rush linebacker.

Just to note, I believe Harrell and Crabtree are both under contract next season. Also, if the 2010 rules apply than Colledge would be back because I believe he was given the restricted free agent tenders, unless you anticipate us cutting him after he signs the tender. Also, Jones would have the same tender, so there is no need to transition him.
Danish_Pack_Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hate the trade with the rams. Aldon smith is overrated, and J. Houston is bette. to much value to trade away.. we can use the late second/early third alot
fattlipp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbens06 wrote:
I also like the idea of trading up to get a prospect we really like and someone that can come in and contribute immediately. I am a fan of Smith, he is really young and has a ton of upside and athleticism. I do think he is better suited for the 4-3, but I think he has the athleticism and skills to be a very good 3-4 rush linebacker.

Just to note, I believe Harrell and Crabtree are both under contract next season. Also, if the 2010 rules apply than Colledge would be back because I believe he was given the restricted free agent tenders, unless you anticipate us cutting him after he signs the tender. Also, Jones would have the same tender, so there is no need to transition him.

Ok I fixed it, KFFL has some bad info, or strange formats.
fattlipp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danish_Pack_Fan wrote:
hate the trade with the rams. Aldon smith is overrated, and J. Houston is bette. to much value to trade away.. we can use the late second/early third alot

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=c484d5dc6191cc4d9419a657349b360d&t=241419&page=2

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2011/03/18/chiefs-workout-missouri-de-aldon-smith/

nice comparison on chiefs forum.
Victor1124

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danish_Pack_Fan wrote:

Would love to know how Aldon Smith is overrated? Dude is a stud. Justin Houston is not better than Aldon Smith. Smith is a athletic freak, very good pass rushing moves from outside against tackles and insides against guards and centers. Does a good job of containing and has the speed to stop everything that tries to kick outside. He dominated the Big 12 as a red-shirt freshman and broke his leg last year. His potential is probably the highest of any DE/3-4 OLB in this draft.

The knock on him is that he isn't strong at the point of attack and people don't know how he will do in coverage. The coverage thing is a question for every guy transitioning to a 3-4 OLB and i think the point of attack thing is overrated.. Kevin Greene coaching him would do wonders.
fattlipp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor1124 wrote:
Danish_Pack_Fan wrote:

Would love to know how Aldon Smith is overrated? Dude is a stud. Justin Houston is not better than Aldon Smith. Smith is a athletic freak, very good pass rushing moves from outside against tackles and insides against guards and centers. Does a good job of containing and has the speed to stop everything that tries to kick outside. He dominated the Big 12 as a red-shirt freshman and broke his leg last year. His potential is probably the highest of any DE/3-4 OLB in this draft.

The knock on him is that he isn't strong at the point of attack and people don't know how he will do in coverage. The coverage thing is a question for every guy transitioning to a 3-4 OLB and i think the point of attack thing is overrated.. Kevin Greene coaching him would do wonders.

...Yeah, what he said

Smith = Derrick Thomas
fattlipp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aldon Smith will be a better player than Houston IMO
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of Aldon Smith in a 3-4. Not saying he couldn't play it, but he's not a natural fit there. Probably needs to play with his hand in the ground.

Absolutely HATE Joseph Barksdale. Think Chris Williams. Pure LT with absolutely low floor.

Really love the Greg Little pick. Outside of Green and Jones, he's probably my favorite pick.

I'd rather go elsewhere if we're looking for a change of pace back. I love Rodgers in college, but I'm not convinced it translates to the NFL. DeMarco Murray or Shane Vereen would likely be here, and I'd take them ahead of him.

Not convinced Jenkins is there. A big athletic defensive lineman are valuable. I don't think he goes any later than the third.

Herzlich isn't even close to his former self, I'd much rather take a guy like Mario Harvey here to be honest.

Really, really like the Greg McElroy pick up. Consider me surprised if he isn't a Packer.

Taylor is alright, not sure he's better thane DS.

Flier on Brown is alright.
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor1124 wrote:

Overrated probably isn't the right word. Smith is just more natural with his hand in the ground, and his play in space leaves a LOT to be desired. Houston is a better 3-4 OLB, but Smith is a better 4-3 end.
fattlipp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hes looking good now.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:
hes looking good now.

Did you really just bump a 1 1/2 half old thread? You couldn't have taken CWoods post, quoted it, and put it in something like TIRT with a link to the mock? Seriously?

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: