Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Postgame: GB (7-3) 24, DET (4-6) 20
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
Why complain about the refs in a game you won?

The refs missed some holding calls, and some pass interference calls, and maybe a facemask or two. Refs in every game always miss some of those calls.
IMO it was pretty dang 1 sided. If you are going to call a game tight, then call it tight. We were not getting the same calls they were very easy to see IMO.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best

Conductor of the Gerod Holliman Hype Train
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:

The refs missed some holding calls, and some pass interference calls, and maybe a facemask or two. Refs in every game always miss some of those calls.
IMO it was pretty dang 1 sided. If you are going to call a game tight, then call it tight. We were not getting the same calls they were very easy to see IMO.

Personally, I find complaining about referees in what was a fairly ordinarily officiated game to be unbecoming, particularly when you win.
jmoney

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIsportsfan wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:

People need to stop excusing poor officiating. These guys get paid plenty of money to do a job. If they cannot do the job, then they need to be replaced.

The problem is, there just aren't capable replacements. Didn't we already find that out?
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:

Personally, I find complaining about referees in what was a fairly ordinarily officiated game to be unbecoming, particularly when you win.

I would ordinarily agree with this comment, however, as a Packer fan I've found it quite disturbing how poorly officiating has been this year, especially in Packer games. This game wasn't the worst we've had all year, but it's an alarming trend. I do believe at some point things will even out, but it's taking it's time doing it.

It is unbecoming after a win, I agree.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Comments like that just aren't necessary, especially after a close game. You have a great team. Complement it with class.

First off, if you have an issue with a particular post(s) contact the moderator of the forum or a global moderator to fix the issue. Commenting on it one way or the other is only going to exacerbate the issue. Secondly, the snide comment really isn't necessary either.

Thanks,
CW21

VoltageLeak wrote:
Cue the sound of me pulling the needle off the record. You can NOT talk injuries to us. You just can't. Feel free to peruse our injury list. You lost to a Clay Mathews-less, Greg Jennings-less, Charles Woodson-less, Cedric Benson-less, Bryan Bulaga-less Packer team. And those are the guys just off the top of my head.

Actually, TL-TwoWinsAway is allowed to talk injuries. That's what FF is about. Discussion. Not limiting discussion.

Last edited by CWood21 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Am I the only one who thought the Refs were atrocious? Every third play we had they called a hold on us, but they could have continuous obvious holds and.... nothing. My friend who is a Dolphins fan texted me about how bad it was. Very frustrating.

Absolutely. A lot of stuff in the secondary wasn't called both ways. A few other questionable no-calls. Seemed like they were letting them play.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the thing about "the refs called a 1 sided game" is that every fan is going to say that, because we all key on calls that go against your team.

I mean, go over to the Lions forum GDT if you want to hear about how much they got screwed by the refs (it's there, I looked.)

But just like any dispute there are three ways to look at it: your side, my side, and the truth which lies somewhere in between.

The fact of the matter is that the refs blew a bunch of calls in a way that went against the Packers, and the refs blew a bunch of calls in a way that went against the Lions. Lions fans are going to focus on the latter, Packers fans are going to focus on the former.

We need better officiating, not "less biased officiating" since officiating isn't particularly biased. In large part this year the officiating is noticeably bad both because of the replacement ref debacle, and because the ordinary referees missed 7 weeks of games that they need to get in the groove.
Scuba St3ve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
I think the thing about "the refs called a 1 sided game" is that every fan is going to say that, because we all key on calls that go against your team.

I mean, go over to the Lions forum GDT if you want to hear about how much they got screwed by the refs (it's there, I looked.)

But just like any dispute there are three ways to look at it: your side, my side, and the truth which lies somewhere in between.

The fact of the matter is that the refs blew a bunch of calls in a way that went against the Packers, and the refs blew a bunch of calls in a way that went against the Lions. Lions fans are going to focus on the latter, Packers fans are going to focus on the former.

We need better officiating, not "less biased officiating" since officiating isn't particularly biased. In large part this year the officiating is noticeably bad both because of the replacement ref debacle, and because the ordinary referees missed 7 weeks of games that they need to get in the groove.

lol no there have definitely been games where i have went: "wow the refs are really on our side this game"

as well as there have been games where i thought it was a fairly called game

and then there are others where it is only the packers that are getting called and the other team is getting away with everything. and this was one of those games
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scuba St3ve wrote:
lol no there have definitely been games where i have went: "wow the refs are really on our side this game"

as well as there have been games where i thought it was a fairly called game

and then there are others where it is only the packers that are getting called and the other team is getting away with everything.

Individual people will vacillate between "fair" and "one-sided" (in both directions) but NFL fanbases being what they are, you will always find someone to complain about the officiating being biased against them.

I mean, if the refs miss a blatant hold against a Packer player, I will notice that and I might yell something obscene at the television. If the refs miss a blatant hold against an opponent, I'm not really going to bat an eye beyond remarking "well, it's not a penalty if you get away with it."
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Boy is Cobb going to be even more lethal when Jennings comes back to open up the field for him.

- AARON ROJAZZZ. Dog, he put the team on his back.

Can't tell you guys how relieved/happy I was to eek this win out. I don't care if it's a 7-6 victory or 31-3. A win is a win. Now I will eagerly watch and hope the Bears get crushed tomorrow (or lose 10-9) so GB can slide right into first place. No major injuries against a team who can get chippy with after the whistle stuff, young guns made huge plays, won a division game on the road, etc. etc. Call it sloppy, but it still counts as a W in the win column. Cool

R-E-L-A-X
tabbaker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the GDT for next week? Is it just me or is this forum slowly dying?
spilltray

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tabbaker wrote:
Where is the GDT for next week? Is it just me or is this forum slowly dying?

It's just a busy time of year. There are ups and downs all the time.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually wonder about a couple calls, maybe it was explained, I didn't have audio.

EDS pushed/hit VandenBosh after a play and I thought there was a flag thrown. But then nothing happened.
Randall Cobb called for a fair catch then got run into. It was not a hit, but isn't that illegal?

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I actually wonder about a couple calls, maybe it was explained, I didn't have audio.

EDS pushed/hit VandenBosh after a play and I thought there was a flag thrown. But then nothing happened.
Randall Cobb called for a fair catch then got run into. It was not a hit, but isn't that illegal?
they picked the flag up on theEDS 'push' because it would have been the sissiest call in the history of football if they hadn't. Another ref Must have informed the original flag thrower of this.,
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to say those young secondary players the Packers have collected are pretty darn good. Casey Heyward, Devon House, Jerron McMillan and MD Jennings are really good. The guys I don't think have played all that well on defense are BJ Raji, Ryan Pickett, Brad Jones and CJ Wilson. (Pickett being the best of that group) The young DL like Neal and Daniels and Worthy when he is healthy have really played well of late. The Packer "D" is a much improved group.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: