Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Postgame: GB (7-3) 24, DET (4-6) 20
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moses's best play? Forcing that Stafford fumble. That was huge.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
Moses's best play? Forcing that Stafford fumble. That was huge.

Agreed. Moses played great today.

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's crazy how I forgot Finley was on the team, and then he came up with consecutive huge catches. Those were such big plays.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a better STs guy than Jarrett Bush? Dude is awesome!

The defense was overall pretty good considering what we were missing. I think I am going to really like Moses, Walden, Zombo combo when Clay gets back. They did pretty well, and if they keep it up we can afford to lower the number of snaps for Clay.

The o-line is really frustrating. So is the kicker.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerfaninmn wrote:
The Lions are still the lions. A terrible, garbage franchise.

Comments like this are a shame.

Stafford didn't play well, the Lions have a slew of injuries in the secondary and Calvin was playing hurt, yet we still had a very good chance of winning a close game against a quality opponent.

And this is the appropriate reaction?

Team Stylish
crfalker05

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The O-line was really frustrating today in both pass pro and run blocking. It was nice to see MM commit to the run, but it was incredibly draining to never see a big play come of it.

The schedule is setting up quite nicely for us. If we take out the Giants next week, we could very easily be sitting at the #2 seed, with the 9ers beating Chicago tomorrow night, and then the Saints taking down San Fran.

And Atlanta has been far from impressive lately/at all this season. After a 2-3 start, it's really impressive that we can be even considering the chance to end up as the #1 seed at the end of the regular season.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
the Lions have a slew of injuries in the secondary and Calvin was playing hurt, yet we still had a very good chance of winning a close game
You are gunna come here and complain about your team being injured Laughing Laughing Yeah, we really feel sorry for you... If we have a NFL quality kicker on this team we win by 10-13.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Packerfaninmn wrote:

Stafford didn't play well, the Lions have a slew of injuries in the secondary and Calvin was playing hurt, yet we still had a very good chance of winning a close game against a quality opponent.

get off your high horse, its called trash talk calm down
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is the path this thread is headed down, I'll just lock it right now.

We had no issues all day. Let's keep it that way. Be civil.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Packerfaninmn wrote:

While I don't condone the original comment, Green Bay was on the road, missed two field goals, and played without Desmond Bishop, D.J. Smith, Charles Woodson, Sam Shields, Bryan Bulaga, Cedric Benson, Greg Jennings, and Clay Matthews. That's eight quality, Pro Bowl caliber starters (save for Smith, but still). A few injuries in your secondary pales in comparison to our torrid pace of placing players on the IR.

Regardless, the original comment was unnecessary given how spectacular the game day thread went and how civilized the post game forum has been.

Either way, a few key points I'd like to draw everyone's attention to:

1. Our redzone defense has been absolutely spectacular this year. I feel eerily comfortable with our backs up against the wall (New Orleans game, as an example). We may, at times, though less often than a year ago, give up large chunks of yardage. But when we are pressured to make a play, these guys come up big. That fourth quarter stop was the difference to be honest. A ten point lead vs. a six point lead is critical to the final outcome. We got great pressure on Stafford on third (Daniels and company) and then stuffed an early run for a loss. The common theme this season has been the defense playing solid ball in the the last 20 (save for Indianapolis, in which we fell apart in general).

2. The protection was below average. Sitton and Lang dealt with the speed of Fairly, Avril and Suh very poorly in my opinion. A number of times, Rodgers had to step up and take his eyes from downfield to the immediate area in front of him because we were getting handled off the line. The fourth quarter looked a lot better. It's frustrating to see this unit come to play one week and then get blown up another. Lang held up alright in his pass protection but Avril gave him fits. EDS doesn't get to the second level and Saturday sure as hell can't either. That's too bad because Starks ran tremendously hard.

3. Where was Alex Green? I loved the mismatch we had with him in shotgun sets against Arizona. That screen game was lethal because Green's incredible in space. I'm a bit surprised we didn't use him at all in that fit.

4. House and Hayward are the real deals. We have a very good quartet of corners and moving forward I see that unit as a strength. Burnett's play on the CJ touchdown was sad given his great read on the ball. That should have been an interception but it's promising that he's seeing that ahead of time. I like the rotation, too. Jennings makes a big play, McMillan is solid in the ground game, and Richardson comes in at the end. I'm becoming very comfortable with these guys. The zone coverage on the other hand, not so much. I see why he uses it (bunch formations) but it's becoming a liability.

5. Jones looked great on his interior blitzes. Should have picked up a sack but Moses cleaned that up nicely.

6. Moses came to play. Kid got pressure of the edge and was solid in holding the edge. I thoroughly enjoyed watching him this afternoon.

7. Daniels is faster than I expected. Ran down Stafford on one throw and generally looks fairly athletic. Glad to see him coming along. With that being said, where was Worthy? Ankle injury still bothered him I'm guessing.

8. That catch Cobb made? Unreal. That kid is making BIG time catches on a routine basis. Rodgers has confidence in him, too. I would like to see him used in the middle of the field a bit more, but regardless, he played out of his mind again.

That's all for now!

In general, a great win. A significant win, too. I'm a bit worried about how our OL will operate against NYG's front four next week. That's the game, in my opinion. We'll force Eli into some mistakes but can Rodgers stay on his feet? This one is concerning in my opinion.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who thought the Refs were atrocious? Every third play we had they called a hold on us, but they could have continuous obvious holds and.... nothing. My friend who is a Dolphins fan texted me about how bad it was. Very frustrating.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Packerfaninmn wrote:

Agree. No need to trash a franchise.

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

Stafford didn't play well, the Lions have a slew of injuries...

Cue the sound of me pulling the needle off the record. You can NOT talk injuries to us. You just can't. Feel free to peruse our injury list. You lost to a Clay Mathews-less, Greg Jennings-less, Charles Woodson-less, Cedric Benson-less, Bryan Bulaga-less Packer team. And those are the guys just off the top of my head.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
the Lions have a slew of injuries in the secondary and Calvin was playing hurt, yet we still had a very good chance of winning a close game
You are gunna come here and complain about your team being injured Laughing Laughing Yeah, we really feel sorry for you... If we have a NFL quality kicker on this team we win by 10-13.

Actually, my comment was in response to how frequently Packers' fans commented on their injuries. Both teams had them.

Comments like that just aren't necessary, especially after a close game. You have a great team. Complement it with class.

Team Stylish
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

Actually, my comment was in response to how frequently Packers' fans commented on their injuries. Both teams had them.

Comments like that just aren't necessary, especially after a close game. You have a great team. Complement it with class.

So our injury situations are similar by virtue of both HAVING injuries? Slightly flawed logic, but central point is noted. We won a hard fought game. No need to comment on the franchise or fanbase. We'll see you in a few weeks at our place. Another fun game hopefully!
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Am I the only one who thought the Refs were atrocious? Every third play we had they called a hold on us, but they could have continuous obvious holds and.... nothing. My friend who is a Dolphins fan texted me about how bad it was. Very frustrating.

Yes, yes, and yes. Moses was getting held constantly off the edge. Tramon was clearly held by Reiff and Jones was held pretty clearly on a critical third down. Quite a disappointing display.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: