Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Postgame: GB (7-3) 24, DET (4-6) 20
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MathMan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
Quote:
We weren't clicking. We had a couple times where we misfired on passes. A couple times we had chances and dropped balls and a couple times we had miscommunication of route adjustments

Quote:
We didn't do a good enough job of pass protecting, either. So, yeah, or passing game definitely wasn't clicking. I'll give some credit to the Packers

Jim Schwartz quotes. He'll give the Packers some credit? How generous of you Jim!

He's such a jackass. Why will people not give the Packers D credit when other offenses play bad, but when other offenses have a great game they'll jump down the D's throat.

Our D shut their #1 league leading offense down. Made Stafford look like a below average quarterback. It's great that Schwartz doesn't see it that way, what will excuse be the next time it happens???

People generally see things from their teams viewpoint.

Things they did wrong rather than what the other team did right.

We even do that as fans

Power of Veto 8 comp:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=18740447#18740447
MaryTsraining3s

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Also, something that really struck me as impressive was McCarthy's statements today regarding his play calling Sunday. He took full blame for the offensive performance. It's good to have a leader like that who shoulders the blame and redistributes the praise. Absolute class act. Always has been and times like this really reinforces it.

MM has actually become pretty notorious for taking blame for the poor offensive performances, as he did so after the Seattle, Indy, and now this game to note a few. However, maybe one of these games where the offense struggles in the first half, he will make an adjustment for the second half so the struggles dont continue?
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCarthy needs to get better with his clock management. He's been horrible with that.

Yesterday we could've gotten into better FG range right before half, yet he just let the clock run all the way down before he called the timeout, and Crosby missed that long FG.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
McCarthy needs to get better with his clock management. He's been horrible with that.

Yesterday we could've gotten into better FG range right before half, yet he just let the clock run all the way down before he called the timeout, and Crosby missed that long FG.

yeah, that sequence of events was pathetic.
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
Title Town USA wrote:

yeah, that sequence of events was pathetic.
You know that's the seventh or eighth time I've seen the same time mismanagement around the league in the past year. I don't know what's going on but it seems way more common then it should be.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
Quote:
We weren't clicking. We had a couple times where we misfired on passes. A couple times we had chances and dropped balls and a couple times we had miscommunication of route adjustments

Quote:
We didn't do a good enough job of pass protecting, either. So, yeah, or passing game definitely wasn't clicking. I'll give some credit to the Packers

Jim Schwartz quotes. He'll give the Packers some credit? How generous of you Jim!

He's such a jackass. Why will people not give the Packers D credit when other offenses play bad, but when other offenses have a great game they'll jump down the D's throat.

Our D shut their #1 league leading offense down. Made Stafford look like a below average quarterback. It's great that Schwartz doesn't see it that way, what will excuse be the next time it happens???

I kind of have to agree with Schwartz. If Stafford hits Calvin on half those passes we probably lose the game. Defense played exceptionally well, but also had some help via Stafford
General_Bean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaryTsraining3s wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Also, something that really struck me as impressive was McCarthy's statements today regarding his play calling Sunday. He took full blame for the offensive performance. It's good to have a leader like that who shoulders the blame and redistributes the praise. Absolute class act. Always has been and times like this really reinforces it.

MM has actually become pretty notorious for taking blame for the poor offensive performances, as he did so after the Seattle, Indy, and now this game to note a few. However, maybe one of these games where the offense struggles in the first half, he will make an adjustment for the second half so the struggles dont continue?

Andy Reid does/says the same thing every week. I wouldn't say he's a great leader in terms of taking responsibility for his game plans, sometimes it's the players as well who don't execute it or just the opposing team is better. McCarthy has to make adjustments not only during Halftime, but also while the game is going. We notice it during games that there's a whole in the defense and certain plays are just having higher success rates than others, so run those.

I think back to the SEA game, all of us on the forums were screaming for a run play in the first half, low and behold it took him until the 3rd quarter to run the ball and guess what? Pts magically appeared on the scoreboard.

Please don't take this like I'm bashing McCarthy or calling out his credibility, but I don't care who's fault it was the game before. Adjust and fix it for next week.
Scuba St3ve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on Pro football focus walden had a -5 grade. i can only imagine what it would have been if stafford didnt run into him twice to give him 2 sacks

EDS also had a bad -4.2

but hawk had a 3

hayward and house had a 4.6 and a 4.2
skibrett15

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was a really nice defensive performance with a few uneven spots, but I wish we would stop talking about the detroit offense as the "best" or "top passing offense"

Sure, that's what the #s say as far as passing yardage etc, but stafford has thrown very few TDs, many INTs and has been passing like a madman because they are often playing from behind.

If anyone actually believes that Detroit has anywhere close to the most threatening offense in the NFL, I would strongly argue against that.

NE, GB, PIT, DEN, NYG, ATL, NO all have a Passing offense that is far more threatening than Detroit, and a passing offense that directly contributes to wins rather than racking up yardage.

IND, TB, BAL, CIN: these are the teams I would group the Detroit passing offense in. Good, solid, passing games with some obvious flaws.
jake1962

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
WIsportsfan wrote:
Major_Momscream wrote:
+Casey Hayward, showing veteran patience out there.
+Cobb!
+Finley, for catching a ball or 2. I think he scored a tuchdown, too.
+Starks. Did nothing egregiously stupid.

-Crosby, but he'll bounce back...maybe next year.
-O-line. But that was expected.
-Rodgers. Just didn't look himself, but that is a tough d-line.

And major negative for Tramon Williams. Calls himself Optimus Prime and he was jogging around out there like it was practice. If Stafford didn't play so badly, Tramon gets burned even more and the Packers get blown out.

MVP = Matt Stafford.

The guy he was lined up against kind of had something to do with that. How people fail to realize this is mind boggling.

It is shocking how BIG Megatron is when you see him lined up against DBs. Tramon shouldn't have opened his big mouth but covering CJ is a huge proposition for even the league's best.

To be honest I don't think Megatron played that big. Burnett definitely should have, at least, knocked down the TD pass. He juggled the big 3rd down pass that should have been challenged and probably overturned. Tramon made no attempt to close on the floater Stafford put up on the 53 yarder. Add in the 30 yards of garbage on the last play and and 5 for 143 doesn't look like that much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: