Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Postgame: GB (7-3) 24, DET (4-6) 20
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We weren't clicking. We had a couple times where we misfired on passes. A couple times we had chances and dropped balls and a couple times we had miscommunication of route adjustments

Quote:
We didn't do a good enough job of pass protecting, either. So, yeah, or passing game definitely wasn't clicking. I'll give some credit to the Packers

Jim Schwartz quotes. He'll give the Packers some credit? How generous of you Jim!

He's such a jackass. Why will people not give the Packers D credit when other offenses play bad, but when other offenses have a great game they'll jump down the D's throat.

Our D shut their #1 league leading offense down. Made Stafford look like a below average quarterback. It's great that Schwartz doesn't see it that way, what will excuse be the next time it happens???

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you want him to say? Laughing

"Yeah, we really got whipped out there. The Packers are great. We suck. Season is probably over now."

Let's get real now. We eek'd this one out.

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:

"Yeah, we really got whipped out there. The Packers are great. We suck. Season is probably over now."

I'd like him to say more than just I'll give them some credit. The Packers didn't make it easy for them, yet he says I'll give them some credit. No, we didn't whip them, but our defense did a fantastic job against the number 1 ranked offense in passing and total yards. They deserve credit.

To me it's like the people not giving the Packers D credit for what they did to the Bears week 2, instead of saying it's because Cutler just had a bad game.

We're giving a ton of credit to Fairley for the game he had. Our guys played poorly up front, but we still give credit to the monster game he had. I don't see Schwartz ever giving credit to the other team.

Mostly it's because I hate Schwartz and everything he does, I'll admit that though. Cool Cool Cool Cool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:

The better team stepped up and made plays when they needed to. That's what happened. And their season likely is over. Don't see them beating Houston on Thursday.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:

What you originally quoted us the truth. It was awesome to see our defense dominate a decent offense. After last year, we are certainly entitled to enjoy it and speak the truth.
SDN40

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
SDN40 wrote:
Moses was a factor all game long. Perry never even came close to a game like this ... and both are rookies. "Silly" or not, I would have to look at moving Perry to DE and get both he and Moses on the field.

Give Perry some time to learn his craft.

We have to remember he is learning a whole new position.

I guess I have some issues with how much slack Perry is getting. Yes he is learning a new position, but pass rushing is pass rushing. It's not like he is learning to be a tight end. I'm not talking about his play in space or coverage skills, just the meat and potatoes. Get to the quarterback. He was spoon fed from day one, didn't have to play special teams, and had the luxury of Clay playing across from him all season.

There are certain positions in the NFL where you should flash from day one. Yes there are obvious exceptions, but as a general rule of thumb, as a running back, either you can run the football or you can't. Four years of seasoning wont make a difference. Granted, there is a learning curve for Perry, but let's be real, either you can rush the quarterback or you can't. If you ask me, he didn't flash enough for my taste. I'm not bashing the pick or bashing Perry, but the reality remains that there is no guarantee at this point whether he can be a difference maker. Moses, on the other hand has flashed, and Sunday he did it without the help of Matthews on the other side.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
SDN40 wrote:
Moses was a factor all game long. Perry never even came close to a game like this ... and both are rookies. "Silly" or not, I would have to look at moving Perry to DE and get both he and Moses on the field.

Give Perry some time to learn his craft.

We have to remember he is learning a whole new position.

I guess I have some issues with how much slack Perry is getting. Yes he is learning a new position, but pass rushing is pass rushing. It's not like he is learning to be a tight end. I'm not talking about his play in space or coverage skills, just the meat and potatoes. Get to the quarterback. He was spoon fed from day one, didn't have to play special teams, and had the luxury of Clay playing across from him all season.

There are certain positions in the NFL where you should flash from day one. Yes there are obvious exceptions, but as a general rule of thumb, as a running back, either you can run the football or you can't. Four years of seasoning wont make a difference. Granted, there is a learning curve for Perry, but let's be real, either you can rush the quarterback or you can't. If you ask me, he didn't flash enough for my taste. I'm not bashing the pick or bashing Perry, but the reality remains that there is no guarantee at this point whether he can be a difference maker. Moses, on the other hand has flashed, and Sunday he did it without the help of Matthews on the other side.

He played like 5 games, had a couple sacks. He certainly looked competent out there before he got hurt.
SnakePlissken

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome:
Casey Hayward
Davon House
Moses
Starks (for looking like a RB)
AJ Hawk for making good tackles
MD Jennings
Cobb

Not Awesome:
O-line
EDS
Rodgers
Crosby

Is there any reasonable solution to the kicking problem? I doubt there's a street FA that is ready to come in so I guess we're at the mercy of Crosby getting his focus back.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:
I guess I have some issues with how much slack Perry is getting. Yes he is learning a new position, but pass rushing is pass rushing. It's not like he is learning to be a tight end. I'm not talking about his play in space or coverage skills, just the meat and potatoes. Get to the quarterback. He was spoon fed from day one, didn't have to play special teams, and had the luxury of Clay playing across from him all season. .

I don't think this is necessarily true. Many of the better pass rushers in a 3-4 did not come out hot out of the gates.

I mean, James Harrison came into the league in 2002 and didn't record multiple sacks in a season until he had 3.0 in 2005, and didn't really break out until an 8.5 sack performance in 2007.

Cameron Wake was cut in June of 2005 by the Giants as a UDFA, and didn't get a football job until he joined the CFL in 2007, but he has 37.5 sacks since 2009.

Tamba Hali didn't manage double digit sacks until his fifth season. Kevin Greene didn't manage double digit sacks until his fourth season.

Plus, what makes you think Perry didn't "flash". His flagged sacks against San Diego in the preseason and Indy this year struck me as "flashing."
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
Pugger wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
We got away with PI in the end zone in the 4th quarter when we were down 3, I believe.

Didn't we?

I was thinking the same thing! Shocked
meh it wasn't that egregious. Young clearly initiated the contact and fell all his own. There was more blatant contact not called at other times

I guess with all of our wonderful luck with the officials this season I expect the worse. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnakePlissken wrote:
Awesome:
Casey Hayward
Davon House
Moses
Starks (for looking like a RB)
AJ Hawk for making good tackles
MD Jennings
Cobb

Not Awesome:
O-line
EDS
Rodgers
Crosby

Is there any reasonable solution to the kicking problem? I doubt there's a street FA that is ready to come in so I guess we're at the mercy of Crosby getting his focus back.

But Rodgers, who wasn't as sharp as he usually is, did engineer the winning TD drive late in the game. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try and get the negatives over quick since in the end it was a divisional road win.

Negatives:

Awful game called by MM, it was predictable and ill suited. Trying to strike a balance with the run game and being stubborn to the point of wasting downs are two different things. We are not a run first team, we never will be, and most importantly with Arod we will never need to be.

You're in a dome, Jordy is back, and you're going against an awful pass defense...take advantage for gods sake. The short game was there all day, we chose not to use it. What's the point of running for 2 yard gains all day if you never play action off of it?

Truely an awful and stubborn game plan, one that would send us home in the playoffs. Unacceptable.

OL was not pretty. EDS, Sitton, and Saturday all got burned at least once. Its not a good sign when Newhouse or Lang at RT is your best guy.

Cobb needs to get reigned in as far as kickoffs. Its becoming a habit for him to make a poor decision regarding wether to return it or not, then take a big hit and fumble.

Positives:

JMike sighting. Nothing too special, but a solid productive day with no major hiccups is a step in the right direction. Good to see him utilized effectively.

Pass rush. It wasn't exactly pretty but it got done. Moses and Walden filled in admirably, solid interior play as well.

Hawk was around the ball a lot today, felt he had a great game overall. Thank heavens this guy is still around.

Hayward is going to be special. He has talent and he knows it. We got a real player there.

Rodgers wasn't on his perfect game today but he got the job done when it counted.
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:

What about when he almost murdered Andrew Luck? Shocked

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
SDN40 wrote:

What about when he almost murdered Andrew Luck? Shocked

Moses has played OLB for several years.

OLB isn't about running around the OL or pushing him back. There's technique involved that Perry needs to get acclimated to. When to use speed, when to use leverage, etc. It isn't a matter of just "rushing."

I think Palmy would have a better explanation, but the kid played in five games. Give him a season before you question his potential. This is extreme even for our fanbase.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, something that really struck me as impressive was McCarthy's statements today regarding his play calling Sunday. He took full blame for the offensive performance. It's good to have a leader like that who shoulders the blame and redistributes the praise. Absolute class act. Always has been and times like this really reinforces it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: