Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Mock Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JHawk24

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: 2013 Mock Offseason Reply with quote

I'd really like to see, as many of you have pointed out, Lake Dawson as our GM.

FA signings:

Resign:

Brandon Albert
Dwayne Bowe
Dustin Colquitt
Abram Elam
Steve Manari
Thomas Gafford
Anthony Toribio

Signings:

Aqib Talib
Jared Cook
Justin Durant

Trade:
Conditional pick and/or Matt Cassel to Seattle for Matt Flynn

Draft:(Assuming we pick 2nd)

1) Star Lotulelei, DE, Utah- Paired with Poe, we have two mammoth three man front men who can line up anywhere on the front and it makes our Nickle scheme top notch.

*Note, if we switch to a 4-3, I think Jarvis Jones is our pick to create our linebacking crew of Houston, Johnson, Jones.

2) Shawn Williams, S, UGA

3) Zac Dysert, QB, Miami (Oh) or EJ Manuel, QB, Florida State

3) Kenny Stills, WR, Oklahoma

4) Shane Skov, ILB, Stanford

5) Bradley McDougald, DB, Kansas

Props to LOTO.Tailback for the best ever; Vincent Edward Jackson
KCDiehard88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New GM? Best part of this offseason. I like the choice in Dawson as well, even though I would prefer Marc Ross at this point.

I like all of the resignees as well. Albert is a must, I would love to see Bowe come back and Colquitt is a stud. All the others are solid role players.

FA's - No thanks to Talib. Too much trouble. Would rather go with Cox of Jacksonville or address it via the draft. Cook is a good TE, but I doubt Tennessee lets him go. Durant, I dont know much about him, but I would think he would be very similar to Siler.

Trade - I wouldn't trade anything more than a 4th for Flynn, but even then his contract is hefty hefty hefty.

Draft - I like the Star pick. Fits in all schemes and can be very good next to Poe. I would still rather grab a QB, but I understand your process here. Also Jarvis Jones doesn't fit in a 43 IMO and with the stenosis, I don't want to take that chance.

I like Shawn Williams, but the top of the 2nd might be too high. Would rather take a corner, Poyer, than a safety, but either way I would be pleased.

I doubt Manuel lasts this long, but who knows any more. Haven't seen much of Dysert, but I hear good things. If Glennon is here, which I doubt he is, I take him. I would also consider Nassib here.

I don't like Stills at all. Give me another burner. Markus Wheaton? (nicfre that's for you)

I doubt Skov lasts this long, but I like the pick.

No Idea who McDougald is.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see some kind of case for passing ona QB at #1 overall if we can't trade back, but no way we can wait until the 3rd for a QB. We would either need to look to trade up into the 1st or take one at the top of the 2nd. I liek Dysert, but if we evaluate him and determine he's good enough to be a starter in year one (what we must find IMO), then there's no way he'll last until the 3rd. IMO I see a real chance of Dysert moving into the late 1st when it's all said and done.

If we go Star or anyone but a QB in the 1st, then we'd have to go with BPA in the 2nd, with someone like Manuel, Dysert, or yes, Barkley. Barkley would be about right at the top of the 2nd.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Mikek163

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am honestly so disappointed right now I could care less what we do in the off season as long as Pioli and Co. are gone.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
I am honestly so disappointed right now I could care less what we do in the off season as long as Pioli and Co. are gone.

Haha thank you for that man. I needed that. I agree. Honestly get a above average. honestly my thought process right now is to STACK the defense. Bring in Matt hasselback or someone who can actually lead a team down the field. Other possibilities (not that I agree with these guys just situation they are in) Romo,Garrad,Flynn,Mallet,Henne,A.Smith (SF stick with Kapernik),Moore,Campbell,Stanzi lol,Kapernick, (SF sticks with Smith). Again this all comes down to the who we hire as head coach. ( Gruden would be the ideal godsend in my opinion) so those our the QBs IMO that we could go after I missed some probably but I think you get the idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: