Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miiiiiingoooooo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Miiiiiingoooooo Reply with quote

Okay, I've held out long enough. Barkevious Mingo. Tamba isn't gonna play forever. Hypothetically, let's just say we find a way to get a viable option at QB without having to use the 1st overall pick on one, leaving us the option to take someone else. Most seem to think Star, Jones or Teo is the best option (I loves me some Teo, too), but why hasn't Mingo even been discussed? Is it because of our history with LSU players? The kid has the best burst off the snap in the entire draft this year and plays with a crazy good motor. He could use some more discipline in run support, but with him & Houston, it'd be scary for the future.

So, why u no likey Mingo, peoples?

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Buckweath

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Miiiiiingoooooo Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Okay, I've held out long enough. Barkevious Mingo. Tamba isn't gonna play forever. Hypothetically, let's just say we find a way to get a viable option at QB without having to use the 1st overall pick on one, leaving us the option to take someone else. Most seem to think Star, Jones or Teo is the best option (I loves me some Teo, too), but why hasn't Mingo even been discussed? Is it because of our history with LSU players? The kid has the best burst off the snap in the entire draft this year and plays with a crazy good motor. He could use some more discipline in run support, but with him & Houston, it'd be scary for the future.

You're crazy to even think about drafting anything else than a QB with our first round pick.

That being said, Hali is good for another 2-3 years and we have Houston opposite him, we'll draft another OLB in the 1st round in let's say 3 years.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are going to go the pass rusher route it had better be Jones or Moore. Mingo has been nearly invisible this year, and is more of a one trick pony then Tamba ever dreamed of being.

I've watched every LSU game, even some of the Towson game, and Mingo is consistently neutralized. Last year was his big breakout, but he only had 8 sacks.

Damontre Moore on the other hand had that many sacks last season, and has come on like a terror this season with 12.5 to date. Additionally, he's got 20 TFL this season, and 37.5 over the last two. He's great against the run.

IMO, while I think Jones is a special talent, and Mingo may be more gifted, there's no more of a sure thing then Moore, plus he's an all around player which honestly we don't really have at OLB.

^ryknowssd on the sig
PhillyChief

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Miiiiiingoooooo Reply with quote

Okay, I've held out long enough. Barkevious Mingo. Tamba isn't gonna play forever. Hypothetically, let's just say we find a way to get a viable option at QB without having to use the 1st overall pick on one, leaving us the option to take someone else. Most seem to think Star, Jones or Teo is the best option

Read that entirely too fast. Missed the comma...thought you were saying we want Star Jones, the fat/skinny lady from The View.

Mingo plays like a blur. Really fast on the field and like Ryk said, he has a great motor. He doesn't quit on plays. If we could pick BPA in round 1...I'm all for Mingo. Imagine for a second if we had a coach who preferred the 4-3. That's a LB corp of Houston, DJ, and Mingo (who could also play DE) with Tamba coming of the edge and Poe up the middle. Keep Dorsey to play the other DT spot and we are only another DE away from a beastly front 7.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
If we are going to go the pass rusher route it had better be Jones or Moore. Mingo has been nearly invisible this year, and is more of a one trick pony then Tamba ever dreamed of being.

I've watched every LSU game, even some of the Towson game, and Mingo is consistently neutralized. Last year was his big breakout, but he only had 8 sacks.

Damontre Moore on the other hand had that many sacks last season, and has come on like a terror this season with 12.5 to date. Additionally, he's got 20 TFL this season, and 37.5 over the last two. He's great against the run.

IMO, while I think Jones is a special talent, and Mingo may be more gifted, there's no more of a sure thing then Moore, plus he's an all around player which honestly we don't really have at OLB.

I don't always agree with bigs, but when I do, I usually do wholeheartedly. In this case I definitely do. IF we take a pass rusher at the top of round 1, IMO it should be Damontre Moore. In fact, if we could get out from under Tamba Hali's contract, I would even consider trading him especially when you consider his impact/projected impact when compared to his salary :

2013 : Cap Hit 15,500,000
2014 : Cap Hit : 11,500,000
2015 Cap Hit : 12,000,000

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't heard this before, but it's been out for a few weeks - http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/131819/damontre-moore

Quote:
Texas A&M junior DE Damontre Moore stated that he plans on returning for the 2013 season rather than declaring for the NFL.

"Iíll look at it, but I plan on coming back," Moore said. "I want to get my degree, and I love being down here. Iím really in no rush to grow up." Moore is an absolute stud on the edge, using a combination of length, hand strength, and long strides to consistently generate pressure. It is a long process, and we wouldn't be surprised if Moore changes his mind.

Obviously as an A&M fan I'd love it if he comes back to school, but I'd be surprised if he gets a top 10 grade that he'd come back. He has a good relationship with Von Miller though, so maybe he'll advise him to stay like Von did.

I doubt he'd be a real option for us anyway, but it'd certainly make our decision to go with a QB that much easier.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
I hadn't heard this before, but it's been out for a few weeks - http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/131819/damontre-moore

Quote:
Texas A&M junior DE Damontre Moore stated that he plans on returning for the 2013 season rather than declaring for the NFL.

"Iíll look at it, but I plan on coming back," Moore said. "I want to get my degree, and I love being down here. Iím really in no rush to grow up." Moore is an absolute stud on the edge, using a combination of length, hand strength, and long strides to consistently generate pressure. It is a long process, and we wouldn't be surprised if Moore changes his mind.

Obviously as an A&M fan I'd love it if he comes back to school, but I'd be surprised if he gets a top 10 grade that he'd come back. He has a good relationship with Von Miller though, so maybe he'll advise him to stay like Von did.

I doubt he'd be a real option for us anyway, but it'd certainly make our decision to go with a QB that much easier.

Like you bigs, I would be surprised by Moore returning, especially since I expect him to grade out pretty high with scouts. He would be one of my serious considerations in round 1 if we passed on a quarterback.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
shanekc88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Miiiiiingoooooo Reply with quote

Buckweath wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:

You're crazy to even think about drafting anything else than a QB with our first round pick.

That being said, Hali is good for another 2-3 years and we have Houston opposite him, we'll draft another OLB in the 1st round in let's say 3 years.

No he's not there's not QB in this draft worthy of the first pick. We could just get as average of a QB in the 2nd round. I'm all for Te'o or Star. Weak Qb class.
Ring of Fame

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Miiiiiingoooooo Reply with quote

shanekc88 wrote:
Buckweath wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:

No he's not there's not QB in this draft worthy of the first pick. We could just get as average of a QB in the 2nd round. I'm all for Te'o or Star. Weak Qb class.

Agree, there is no QB coming that is can't-miss. I'm open to taking Jarvis Jones / Barkevious as our OLB and putting Tamba back and DE where he was born to play. Make for a scary edge rush.

Is Clowney leaving South Carolina? He's a guy I'd look too.

`
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clowney is a true sophomore and won't be eligible until after next season.

^ryknowssd on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: