Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Barkley: Yes or No? and Why?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a rival fan, a big yes to Barkley....because he won't be good.

As weird as it sounds, the Chiefs might be better off taking the QB later and growing him. Ryan Nassib, IMO, is going to be a very good QB from this class. Dysert is also someone who I think is worth taking a look at. If they see the faults with the Barkley/Geno/Murray contingent, they'd be better served getting an elite defensive prospect of some sort, IMO, and then go for one of these safer QB picks later.

Thanks, Tzimisce
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair points. I Still think the pick has to be either Tyler Wilson or Geno Smith. it all starts with the QB position. This franchise has not drafted a QB in the first round since 1983. We are starved for a franchise QB. We have never had 1. our best 3 Quarterbacks in franchise history (len dawson, Joe montana and Trent Green were all free agents) If you are drafting # 1 overall you it has 2 be either a QB or a pass rusher IMO. Those are the 2 positions that can really affect winning and losing. That means Jarvis Jones is the only other real option at # 1, but we don't need him with Hali and Houston.. I love Manti Teo. he is probably as good if not better than Luke Kuechly who is a stud. But What has Kuechly won the Panthers? that position cannot turn a franchise around. I also now have come to the conclusion barkley will not be a good nfl QB. It has to be Geno or Wilson though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: