Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chargers @ Broncos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am intrigued by Troutman. Despite him not being overly athletic or anything, he never gave up a sack despite playing at PSU. That's impressive.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
I am intrigued by Troutman. Despite him not being overly athletic or anything, he never gave up a sack despite playing at PSU. That's impressive.

I'd like to see how he handles RG, and swing Vasquez to LG. Get rid of Clary, and let Dombro play RT. Fix Gaither.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom isn't a bad option at LT. He is far from a healthy Gaither but a few years ago he was ok when given playing time.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

I'd like to see how he handles RG, and swing Vasquez to LG. Get rid of Clary, and let Dombro play RT. Fix Gaither.

We outfitting him with cyborg technology? Like Colonel Steve Austin style? Cuz that'd be BA. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked the Troutman pick. Never giving up a sack is impressive, not the only thing to look for but still impressive. Im sure he would have gone earlier in the draft had he not gotten injured so getting him back this early with time to grow for next year would be great. Very good value pick here. And Molk is a Beast as far as strength goes. I just would rather them focus him on Center and groom him for the future. O-line needs more talent but depth is being built. If Gaither can get healthy and we get a very good RT (I go FA instead of draft here we need immediate help) I think we can develope a decent O-line.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

We outfitting him with cyborg technology? Like Colonel Steve Austin style? Cuz that'd be BA. Very Happy

I'm in. There has to be a Holiday Inn Express close to the facility. We stay there, kidnap Gaither, and then create the bionic LT.

MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilkieray wrote:
And Molk is a Beast as far as strength goes. I just would rather them focus him on Center and groom him for the future.

With the way things are going, I really expect Hardwick to retire after the season. He was on the fence this year, and I think this season will really deflate him. A guy his age, that was thinking of retirement, will rarely wants to deal with a new coaching staff either. Molk will probably thrown in next year.

kramxel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Wilkieray wrote:
And Molk is a Beast as far as strength goes. I just would rather them focus him on Center and groom him for the future.

With the way things are going, I really expect Hardwick to retire after the season. He was on the fence this year, and I think this season will really deflate him. A guy his age, that was thinking of retirement, will rarely wants to deal with a new coaching staff either. Molk will probably thrown in next year.

Molks needs 1 or 2 more years under the saddle before he is ready.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rzIl6oVGUQ

There's Troutman vs Illinois last year (just look at the LG spot). Plays a lot on NFL prospect Akeem Spence.

Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kramxel wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Wilkieray wrote:

Molks needs 1 or 2 more years under the saddle before he is ready.

I agree, but I don't think they'll have the luxury of waiting.

The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I'm drafting a tackle either way, but only if i can get my hands on a guy who has LT-upside and isn't so scheme limited that he can't cut his teeth on the right side first.

I'll be perfectly honest, I'm not in the slightest opposed to drafting a utility guy like Barrett Jones (a guy that can play 4 out of 5 pro line spots and has a high floor has a lot of value to a team like ours). Obviously I'd prefer to trade back prior to doing so, but if he plays in the Senior Bowl as a center he's probably going to boost his stock to mid-low 1st round pick (he's sitting right around lower 1/3 of the 1st present) and he may not be available outside of the Top 20.

That said, I still doubt, even with the way the season has gone that we see a 1st round pick spent on an OL - as I'm of the belief that the kernel of this non-desire to spend premium picks on OL goes further up than AJ. This organization hasn't used a 1st round pick on an OL since 1985 (Jim Lachey), Butler and AJ didn't come here until 2001. I'm really starting to believe that the Spanos' don't see OL as being sexy/marketable enough positions to invest that greatly in - which is flat out stupid, but the Spanos' have always catered to the casual fan and how many casual fans could even identify most HOF (enshrined or even nominated) offensive linemen who played during their lifetime from a photo?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewan/Joeckel pleeeeeease. Or Fisher. Aside from that, I don't see many as early round picks aside from Aboushi, and I don't know how Jake Matthews would handle the left side.

#JDI
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystery solved

Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers LG Tyronne Green (hamstring) is not expected to play Week 12.
Green pulled his hammy while chasing down a Philip Rivers interception during last week's loss to the Broncos. He'll be replaced by veteran Rex Hadnot, who has 93 career starts under his belt.

There was no talk about what happened, and even though it happened on the first INT, the announcers didn't even notice until the 4th.

The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Lewan/Joeckel pleeeeeease. Or Fisher. Aside from that, I don't see many as early round picks aside from Aboushi, and I don't know how Jake Matthews would handle the left side.

Depends on the scheme. Gaither's not going anywhere for at least another year possibly more, unless McGuire managed to work a similar medical-out clause that he did into McNeill's extension.

So more than likely we're looking at Gaither penciled in as the starter at LT for next season. I'd worry about lessening the burden around him and praying he stays healthy. That's why I've been saying the best bet is to look for a swing-tackle who has a LT ceiling.

At this point, I'm staying optimistic for Lane Johnson and Kyle Long to not make a massive jump in terms of stock and to stick right around the mid-2nd range due to both of them still being somewhat raw in terms of technique and experience playing the OL, but both fit that LT-ceiling, RT-capable mold.

I expect one of our current starting OG's to be retained, if only on a similar stop-gap deal to what Clary got - this is unless a new front office feels like really splashing around in the FA market (which I doubt since even if there is a new FO it will consist of or be put in place with explicit instructions by Spanos). So likely we're looking at not seeing a second OL come off the board until the 4th or later - which is fine because as interior linemen go the value still falls to the 4th and 5th, sometimes even guys like Troutman where they're guys who would have gone considerably higher save for the fact that they won't be Day 1 available for camp (hence the need for a stop-gap). Guys like Braxton Cave and Graham Pocic have a decent chance of still being around that range (4th-5th) as well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't that Gaither isn't healthy enough to play. The dude is straight lazy. That was the knock on him in college and then working with Ogden in Baltimore didn't correct it... When he tries Gaither is elite but the sooner he is replaced the better. You just can't build an offensive line with a maybe starter at your most important position each week.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: