Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Does there come a point where we pull some of our starters?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Does there come a point where we pull some of our starters? Reply with quote

For injury sake? I am just wondering if there are a couple games left in the season, why risk DJ tearing his acl / flowers / berry etc, etc. Has a team ever done this before?

What do you guys think about doing it to some of our better players?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way. That would help to accelerate a culture of losing. That would send the completely wrong message to the players.

Now that I think about it, the only two players I would like to see benched for injury sake would be Cassel and Quinn. I really don't want either to get injured! Wink

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
valkrei

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think this is why JC gets so few touches. They will never come out and say that though.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
No way. That would help to accelerate a culture of losing. That would send the completely wrong message to the players.

Now that I think about it, the only two players I would like to see benched for injury sake would be Cassel and Quinn. I really don't want either to get injured! Wink

Im trying to think of what is worse. The perception of "losing" or Derrick Johnson's future. With a new GM and coaching staff in place, im hoping the culture is changed regardless.

The coaching staff can also play more rookies, second year players etc for developmental reasons (assuming this order came from a consultant or Hunt himself right?)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what they do and what they love, they go out and compete every Sunday...the star players aren't going to accept not playing just to save themselves, even if it might benefit some of them...it's just not the way it works. They're gonna play football.

Charles may get a lighter load at times, but that's about it.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly think you start to rotate them more. I mean DJ has played pretty much every defensive snap, as has Berry. I was getting a nasty feeling in my gut yesterday when Jamaal was taking carries late in the game.

Obviously, this staff is going to make decisions based on their short term future, which is part of the reason why they should all be fired immediately. If we had anyone thinking long term they would not only be wanting to see what the young guys with potential have (i.e. Stanzi and Powe not O'Connell or Rich Ranglin), but would also want to make sure we don't over-use anyone.

^ryknowssd on the sig
brawl.kc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. You rest them more but do not bench them and let them start. Pride is one of the things these guys have left.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everyone that has mentioned about rotating players me. I agree that Derrick Johnson has played alot of snaps and while he has made an impact it would be nice to give him a break here and there. Plus, I think we should have guys like Greenwood, Studebaker, Siler, and Jones get on the field some more to see what we have past our starters. Definitely Studebaker who is making decent money this year ($1,530,000) and a nice raise in 2013 ($2,055,000). I definitely think we can get more bang for the buck especially looking for a free agent that could bring more of a pass rushing presence and allow us to spell Hali here and there during games (Antwan Barnes or down a notch lower Quentin Groves maybe?)

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: