Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Could this be the reason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Clark Hunt trying to move the team
Yes
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
No
85%
 85%  [ 12 ]
Not Sure
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

chief4life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Could this be the reason Reply with quote

I can't help but think there has to be another reason that this organization is being run into the ground. The perception is that Clark Hunt is cheap and all he cares about is the bottom line. I wonder if he is thinking only from a buisness stand point on the best way to make money. He will no longer be able to carry cap money over from year to year anymore with the new CBA saying the teams have to spend pretty much the whole cap for player salaries, so what other way can he make and save money?
Move the team from a small market to a large market. Is Clark Hunt's real agenda to move the Chiefs to LA?? The league has been trying to put a team in LA for a while now since it is the 2nd largest market. I as a long time Chiefs fan would hate this, but it doesn't seem like Clark cares about the fans and in fact with the blackout and empty seats at the stadium this only helps to justify the move.
I hope this never happens and even hate to think about it, but it makes sence from the buisness side.
Thoughts??
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voted no and firmly believe that while Clark has his faults (cheapness, too passive) he's also fiercely loyal and must know his father's affection for KC is worth more than any perceived buck he might make out west.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I don't really think Clark Hunt has any nasty ulterior motives. I said this from day 1 of the Pioli hire and have said it quite a few times since, I do believe Clark Hunt is more of a businessman than football fan and he is swayed by the bottom dollar. That being said, KC is a smaller market and he isn't stupid - he knows he doesn't have the same cash-cow franchises such as Dallas or Washington for example.

I do think Hunt was trying to make a splash by hiring Pioli, who was the hottest GM candidate out there at the time. It was an absolute coup we got him and I still believe that. Who in this fanbase could ever have known Pioli was the absolute micromanager/mismanager he ended up being for us? Pioli was hired for his perceived expertise and the idea that his experience would allow him to hit the ground running as opposed to learning on the job (which was what he has admitted by saying he has "evolved" IIRC the quote). Hunt paid Pioli alot of money to basically learn how (or in our case, how NOT to) be a GM.

I can't help but think part of the allure that Pioli brought was the Patriot way - getting the most bang for the buck from a personnel standpoint.

But this has all blown up in Clark's face unfortunately and it can all be attributed to one singular move he made and that was to hire Scott Pioli. I don't blame him for it, I just hope he realizes his mistake and is ready and willing to move on. If he doesn't then he is going to see even more empty seats at home games than he did on Sunday.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Could this be the reason Reply with quote

chief4life wrote:
I can't help but think there has to be another reason that this organization is being run into the ground. The perception is that Clark Hunt is cheap and all he cares about is the bottom line. I wonder if he is thinking only from a buisness stand point on the best way to make money. He will no longer be able to carry cap money over from year to year anymore with the new CBA saying the teams have to spend pretty much the whole cap for player salaries, so what other way can he make and save money?
Move the team from a small market to a large market. Is Clark Hunt's real agenda to move the Chiefs to LA?? The league has been trying to put a team in LA for a while now since it is the 2nd largest market. I as a long time Chiefs fan would hate this, but it doesn't seem like Clark cares about the fans and in fact with the blackout and empty seats at the stadium this only helps to justify the move.
I hope this never happens and even hate to think about it, but it makes sence from the buisness side.
Thoughts??

It's being run into the ground because of unintentional incompetence...that much is obvious.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
shanekc88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my acting career takes off(highly unlikely I think it could but I know it's a tough industry) I would try my hardest to buy the team so who wants to help out lol and pitch in? 20. Years from now possibly.
shanekc88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shanekc88 wrote:
If my acting career takes off(highly unlikely I think it could but I know it's a tough industry) I would try my hardest to buy the team so who wants to help out lol and pitch in? 20. Years from now possibly.

Haha everyone pitch in your life's savings lol what do you guys say
jimmydee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With everything we've seen in the last few years; new HCs, New OCs, DC in question, QB situation never stable, and I could go on, I don't think Hunt Jr. has a clue what direction this team is leading HIM. (note: sarcasm for lack of HIM leading the team).

I think he wakes up every morning, looks in the mirror, and says, "I'm Clark Hunt, right?"
jimmydee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shan88, maybe you could come in here and ACT like a QB. That would be refreshing, and maybe even an Emmy or Oscar, or Miss Piggy, what ever you guys strive for, would be in the offing. Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: