Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

IaR Mock.2013.V003

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: IaR Mock.2013.V003 Reply with quote

Now Loading Mock.2013.V002
75%
Now Loaded. Enjoy.

2013 Offseason

Re-signings:
Evan Dietrich-Smith
Sam Shields (RFA)
Brad Jones
Tom Crabtree
Erik Walden

Leaves via Free Agency:

Greg Jennings
Cedric Benson
Frank Zombo
Rob Francois
Donald Driver (retire)

2013 Draft

With the 32nd overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Eric Fisher
Height: 6'7"
Weight: 305
Position: T
College: Central Michigan

Sherrod playing this year looks slim. Bulaga is now out too and we don't know what, if any, long term effects the injury will have. Grabbing Fisher helps give us some protection along the OLine. If everyone is healthy, we have a great competition for the two tackle spots with 3 1st round picks and a 4th rounder with plenty of experience in Newhouse.

With the 64th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Zach Ertz
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 255
Position: TE
College: Stanford

Ertz was a favorite of Andrew Luck, and is now a favorite target of Josh Nunes/Kevin Hogan. He has premier size and has shown very good hands. With Finley going into the last year of his deal, Quarless still hurt, we could use a higher draft pick on TE. I really like Ertz in the 2nd, a hell of a lot more than Eifert in the 1st. TE really isn't a spot I would like us to use a 1st on.

With the 96th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Ryan Swope
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 205
Position: WR
College: Texas A&M

I love Ryan Swope. Love him. One of my favorite prospects. He runs crisp routes, has good hands, works his way back to the QB when it breaks down, blocks well, and he's tough as nails. Here's a stat I got from twitter today.
#JohnnyFootball is 56-of-73 (76.7 percent) with six touchdowns and no interceptions when targeting Ryan Swope this season

With the 130th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Johnny Adams
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 180
Position: CB
College: Michigan State

Hayward was a slightly different CB prospect than what we are used to seeing. He does extremely well in zone. We are use to seeing man CB prospects. Adams is another prospect that does extremely well in zone coverage. He's a bit small, but he's an extremely aggressive tackler which is what we need out of our CBs.

With the 134th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Lavar Edwards
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 258
Position: OLB
College: LSU

Edwards is someone that has had minimal production due to low playing time. However, he's playing behind two future first round picks in Barkevious Mingo and Sam Montgomery. I've seen quite a few LSU fans say that Edwards looks much better this year than he has in years past, partly because he's in better shape and is able to play much faster. He also drops into coverage a lot for a rotational DE and has performed admirably. He would provide depth to a OLB corps that has Matthews, Perry, and then not much else, although Walden is playing well this year.

With the 165th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Johnathan Franklin
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 198
Position: RB
College: UCLA

Not a RB prospect I expect TT to take. However, it's one that I like. Franklin has a nice burst and wiggle to his game. He's shown he can catch the ball with over 20 receptions this year, but his consistency is great. He's rushed for over 100 yards 8 times in 11 games this year. I love the fast home run threat type backs.

With the 199th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Spencer Nealy
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 277
Position: DE
College: Texas A&M

Nealy was playing DE this year but has moved inside to DT for A&M after they had some injuries. His coaches have nothing but praise for the job he has done at the new position. He has the size to add more muscle and mass to his frame. If you watched the Bama game, he was consistently in the backfield against them and Bama has one of the best OLines in the country.

Position Move

Breaking Down Alabama

With the 228th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Javon Harris
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 206
Position: S
College: Oklahoma

Harris has really come on this year notching 4 picks. His speed isn't as good as his teammate Tony Jefferson, but being in the right place at the right time isn't all about speed.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Jleisher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be upset with this. Thanks!
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Fisher as a high draft pick at all. That seems a major reach to find a OT. 3rd round maybe? I wouldn't get mad at the end of the 2nd but I think that's even a bit of a stretch. I don't see him as a first round guy at all.

Other than that I'd be happy with the rest of this.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
I don't see Fisher as a high draft pick at all. That seems a major reach to find a OT. 3rd round maybe? I wouldn't get mad at the end of the 2nd but I think that's even a bit of a stretch. I don't see him as a first round guy at all.

Everywhere I've seen has him as the top senior OT. Matt Miller of BR has him 53rd overall, 5th for OTs behind Fluker (who I don't think is a fit for us). He also has him going 47th in his most recent mock. ESPN has him ranked 34th overall. NFP doesn't have ranking up yet. Walter Football has him ranked 5th for OTs and has him going 17th overall to the Cardinals. And some people I follow on twitter are fairly high on him. I don't think he makes it to the third. Probably doesn't last to our 2nd round pick either. Too early to try prognosticating exact spots though.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this mock. I was planning on switching my 1st rounder to an OT instead of Barrett Jones in the next version I post. We could need a TE if Finley doesnt step it up and he leaves when his contract is up and I like Ertz. I love Swope and almost used him in my last mock. He would be such a reliable option in our system. Almost used Edwards in my last mock too.. Franklin would be a great value pick, he can really run.

Basically I really really like this mock. Great work.

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:

Fisher is definitely a late 1st / early 2nd prospect. Not a reach at all, and could even be gone by the time we pick if we win the Superb Owl.

Don't mind this draft overall.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiotPunch wrote:
spilltray wrote:

Fisher is definitely a late 1st / early 2nd prospect. Not a reach at all, and could even be gone by the time we pick if we win the Superb Owl.

Thanks. Seems like me and you are normally on a similar wave length when it comes to prospects.

stallyns wrote:
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like this. Well done.

Getting Ertz would be neat.
Terranimal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiotPunch wrote:
spilltray wrote:

Definitely slated about right imo and from the research have done so far. Seriously debated whether to go OT or DL in the mock just put up Friday. Could see Thompson go either way come draft day, unless someone unexpected falls to us again.....
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this one! Is it just me or does Fisher have the biggest knee/thigh pads in the history of ever?? Laughing

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terranimal wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
spilltray wrote:

Definitely slated about right imo and from the research have done so far. Seriously debated whether to go OT or DL in the mock just put up Friday. Could see Thompson go either way come draft day, unless someone unexpected falls to us again.....

I was slated to go DL with Sheldon Richardson. Then I read some stuff and turned me off to him. Went with Fisher and happy with it. As far as his thigh pads, yeah they are huge. I think that's because he needs to bulk up. Nate Solder like in that regard. Very tall and lanky. Needs to add a good 10-15 pounds to his frame. Definitely looks like he can do it.

stallyns wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: