Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11: Tampa @ Carolina GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panthers11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarolinaRoar wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
Our defense is so anti-clutch. Never seen them make a play when we actually NEED it.

Isnt that the whole team?

Pretty much, but that is a product of Rivera.
Can was actually very impressive today, especially in the 2nd half.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Sir_Purrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
boondock wrote:
Panthers now 8-10 in Ron Rivera era when they had tie or lead in 4th quarter.

Thats the most damning stat. That is just... horrible.

And I honestly cant figure out who deserves the blame. As someone mentioned, we have travelled 10 different roads to those 10 different last minute collapses. Offense, defense, calls, turnovers, missed assignments, missed FGs, special teams blunders. Its all in there.

Its hard to deal with as a fan. When your team is bad and play bad, you learn to accept it in a way. When your team is bad, but plays good for three quarters, and then falls to pieces, its like a cruel tease. You dont know where you stand. You dont know where the team stands. You just end up utterly frustrated.

I'm over it this season. I swore off watching the games last week. I'm glad I did. I just cant take it anymore.

The following represents the views of Sir_Purrr towards a group of individuals and is in no way a personal attack on any one (1) poster.

It's still Cam's fault! If he would have gotten the first down on that last drive then that would've been it! Man Cam sucks!! He pissed away the win at Atlanta by fumbling the ball!! He pissed away the win with the Seahawks, with the Giants, with the Cowboys!!! He just sucks!! He sucks, sucks, sucks!!! He's not a leader!! He never will be!! We need to trade him tomorrow!!

There you go haters. Let's move on now.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir_Purrr wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
boondock wrote:
Panthers now 8-10 in Ron Rivera era when they had tie or lead in 4th quarter.

Thats the most damning stat. That is just... horrible.

And I honestly cant figure out who deserves the blame. As someone mentioned, we have travelled 10 different roads to those 10 different last minute collapses. Offense, defense, calls, turnovers, missed assignments, missed FGs, special teams blunders. Its all in there.

Its hard to deal with as a fan. When your team is bad and play bad, you learn to accept it in a way. When your team is bad, but plays good for three quarters, and then falls to pieces, its like a cruel tease. You dont know where you stand. You dont know where the team stands. You just end up utterly frustrated.

I'm over it this season. I swore off watching the games last week. I'm glad I did. I just cant take it anymore.

The following represents the views of Sir_Purrr towards a group of individuals and is in no way a personal attack on any one (1) poster.

It's still Cam's fault! If he would have gotten the first down on that last drive then that would've been it! Man Cam sucks!! He pissed away the win at Atlanta by fumbling the ball!! He pissed away the win with the Seahawks, with the Giants, with the Cowboys!!! He just sucks!! He sucks, sucks, sucks!!! He's not a leader!! He never will be!! We need to trade him tomorrow!!

There you go haters. Let's move on now.

it seemed like in the second half cam started to realize he could just drop it off and let the receiver move the chains. instead of always trying to go down field with the ball. it helped his accuracy a bit cuz he got in a rhythm. hopefully that carries into next week. cam needs to be efficient and just worry about moving the chains. unfortunately chud doesn't seem to willing or able to change his game planning so most likely we'll see 5 and 7 drops with late developing routes downfield behind a shoddy o line.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
panther dude wrote:
How many actual good players do we have on our defense?

Johnson, Gamble, Beason?, Anderson. A lot of other guys who can definitely make the list in the future, but right now I have a hard time listing anyone else as "good".

And I switched to the Cowboys Browns OT game after Martin's second run in OT. Not sure whats happened since.

Luke is the 2nd best behind CJ I think, Gamble is good. Anderson is just a clean up player.

Thanks CK
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
panther dude wrote:

Johnson, Gamble, Beason?, Anderson. A lot of other guys who can definitely make the list in the future, but right now I have a hard time listing anyone else as "good".

And I switched to the Cowboys Browns OT game after Martin's second run in OT. Not sure whats happened since.

Luke is the 2nd best behind CJ I think, Gamble is good. Anderson is just a clean up player.

Luke is on the right track, but for now he's making too many mistakes to be up that high.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
johnydtarheel wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
panther dude wrote:

Luke is on the right track, but for now he's making too many mistakes to be up that high.

i would call him out for his coverage skills but to be honest him and beason are both pretty crappy in coverage sooo yea

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen Luke make any critical errors in coverage. I mean he had perfect coverage on VJ on Sunday on that touchdown play. Jackson just made a spectacular catch that all but maybe 5 would have not made. I think he'll be fine.

And Beason was awesome in coverage in his prime. Even this year, I'd say his issue was more stopping the run and tackling than it was coverage, though I can't really remember as Beason played maybe 4 weeks.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
I haven't seen Luke make any critical errors in coverage. I mean he had perfect coverage on VJ on Sunday on that touchdown play. Jackson just made a spectacular catch that all but maybe 5 would have not made. I think he'll be fine.

And Beason was awesome in coverage in his prime. Even this year, I'd say his issue was more stopping the run and tackling than it was coverage, though I can't really remember as Beason played maybe 4 weeks.

luke is easily fooled by play action which leaves his guy wide open in the middle of the field. watch the two point conversion yesterday to see the perfect example of this. and beason might be the easiest LB in the league to just throw over the top of since he's like 5'2.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
He rarely looks for the ball or gets his hands up. Happened on a couple plays yesterday (like in most games), particularly on the last TD.

Regardless, he's a rookie, so there's obviously some things for him to work on. He's playing great overall, but coverage isn't the greatest at the moment.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
He rarely looks for the ball or gets his hands up. Happened on a couple plays yesterday (like in most games), particularly on the last TD.

Regardless, he's a rookie, so there's obviously some things for him to work on. He's playing great overall, but coverage isn't the greatest at the moment.

The tying TD was just a perfect throw and catch, can't really fault any of the trio who were trying to defend it. The 2 pt conversion was 100% on Kuechly though. He bit extremely hard on the PA fake, middle of the field was his in coverage.
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:

The tying TD was just a perfect throw and catch, can't really fault any of the trio who were trying to defend it. The 2 pt conversion was 100% on Kuechly though. He bit extremely hard on the PA fake, middle of the field was his in coverage.
Wonderful throw. Kuechly didn't even attempt to get his hands up or look for the ball (because he often doesn't) and both safeties were well under where they needed to be to make a play. Kuechly was in great position, just didn't do anything with it. Neither safety was in a good position, but to be fair, they did have other responsibilities on the play that could be the cause of that.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go PANTHERS YEEEEEEAHHHHHH

BEAT THE SHEAGLES!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: