Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hypothetical Nick Foles Question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eaglefan#1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Hypothetical Nick Foles Question Reply with quote

I've heard a lot of people saying that the 2013 QB draft class isn't as strong as past classes. Weather thatís true or not, my question is if Nick Foles went back to school and entered the 2013 draft were would he be drafted?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Hypothetical Nick Foles Question Reply with quote

eaglefan#1 wrote:
I've heard a lot of people saying that the 2013 QB draft class isn't as strong as past classes. Weather thatís true or not, my question is if Nick Foles went back to school and entered the 2013 draft were would he be drafted?

1. / Geno Smith
2 / Tyler Wilson
3 / Tyler Bray
4 / Matt Barkley
5 / EJ Manuel
6 / Zac Dysert
7 / Nick Foles

I'd say Nick Foles and Mike Glennon are very similar prospects, and they could be drated anywhere from the mid second to mid third round range.
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Matt Barkley
2. Tyler Wilson
3. Geno Smith
4. Tyler Bray
5. Nick Foles
6. EJ Manuel.
bkb77

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be a little out there with these comments but I would take Nick Foles over any QB in the 2013 Draft. I really don't think Geno,Wilson,Bray,or any of the other Prospect will amount to much in the NFL.

Honestly the only QB i'd take is Barkley. Now he hasn't had the best season but he's a guy who can Play in the NFL, his game reminds me a little of Matt Ryan. He's not the biggest guy,doesn't have the biggest arm, but is pretty accurate and can manage a game.

I personally would take Barkley over Ponder,Gabbert,and Tannehill, all who have been high picks these past two years.

I know alot of you don't like Barkley but I believe when its all said and done he'll be the most successful QB out of this draft. I'm not saying he'll go to multiple Pro-Bowls or Win a Super Bowl or anything like that, just saying he'll win games in the right situation and will be more successful at the pro level than the likes of Geno,Wilson and others in this draft.

Props to Kiltman on the Sig
Kiltman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the QBs in this upcoming draft have a heavy dose of uncertainty that comes with them....I could see them all succeed as easily as I could see them fail. And that's the type of prospect Foles was besides the national attention of a say Geno Smith last year.

If they were ranked he'd probably #4, behind Wilson, Geno, and Barkley for me. But I really think Barkley will succumb to the same fate as the last handful of USC QBs (sorry 808) and be average at best in the NFL....so I'm not sure if I'm the eagles and I'm sitting at say pick #8 and he's there that I'd draft him when I already have Foles. Bray and EJ to a lesser extent have NFL failure written all over them.

Geno and Wilson are the only two prospects that would consider Now in exchange for Foles. The smart play in the draft is give Foles a year and draft an elite prospect at another position because The Chiefs, Jets, and other teams in more desperate need for a QB will get those two as well as Barkley most likely before we pick.

2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Final(?) ENBD Champion | other stuff too

Last edited by Kiltman on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I might be a little out there with these comments but I would take Nick Foles over any QB in the 2013 Draft.

LOL, you can't be serious.
bkb77

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:
I might be a little out there with these comments but I would take Nick Foles over any QB in the 2013 Draft.

Why can't I?? Does Tyler Wilson or Geno Smith really look like a Super Bowl Winning QB or the face of a Winning Franchise I.E Aaron Rodgers,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning?

Nick Foles Has the Size,Arm,Smarts,he's a hard worker, has should good leadership qualities. He's an accurate thrower aswell. He has the tool to be a very good NFL QB I.E Matt Schaub Type. Schaub lead the NFL in passing one year and is the starting QB on one of the best Teams in the NFL, I believe Foles can develope into a Schaub type. I don't see Geno,Bray,or Wilson being as good as Matt Schaub, and if I think Foles can be Schaub, then I think Foles is better than them.

Time will only tell but I'm not affraid to say I would take Foles over anyone in the 2013 Draft except for maybe Barkley.

Props to Kiltman on the Sig
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think QB success depends on a lot of things, college performance isn't always the #1 indicator.

They have to mature in the league, some are willing, others just aren't.

There's no way Mark Sanchez goes home on the weekends and sits down watching game tape or with the playbook.

Most guys who come into the NFL have the tools to succeed, but a lot depends on where they are drafted, how willing they are to develop into a professional quarterback, etc.

I wouldn't put Foles at the top, I think he's a middle of the road QB in any draft.

But that doesn't preclude his success, IMO.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I wouldn't put Foles at the top, I think he's a middle of the road QB in any draft.

But that doesn't preclude his success, IMO.

+1
BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkb77 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

Why can't I?? Does Tyler Wilson or Geno Smith really look like a Super Bowl Winning QB or the face of a Winning Franchise I.E Aaron Rodgers,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning?

Nick Foles Has the Size,Arm,Smarts,he's a hard worker, has should good leadership qualities. He's an accurate thrower aswell. He has the tool to be a very good NFL QB I.E Matt Schaub Type. Schaub lead the NFL in passing one year and is the starting QB on one of the best Teams in the NFL, I believe Foles can develope into a Schaub type. I don't see Geno,Bray,or Wilson being as good as Matt Schaub, and if I think Foles can be Schaub, then I think Foles is better than them.

Time will only tell but I'm not affraid to say I would take Foles over anyone in the 2013 Draft except for maybe Barkley.

Matt Schaub is exactly the guy that Nick Foles reminds me of

And Matt Barkley may be one of the most overrated prospects in recent memory.

He has average size and physical tools.

He's got Matt Leinart written all over him

As far as Geno Smith it's kind of hard to evaluate him as a prospect because sometimes you dont know how much of it is him struggling or that team pressing to score behind one of the worst defenses in recent memory

I know RGIII had a bad defense too but RGIII could run. Geno Smith not so much

I really have no idea what to expect from Geno Smith at the next level. He could be elite or he could be average at best. But I dont think he will be a bust.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you just say Geno can't run? Laughing Dude can absolutely run but he's been adamant about only using his legs as a lasy resort...he's trying to be strictly a pocket passer.

Idk why people are so down on him lately....He's still the #1 QB of the draft....If we had the opportunity to take him no matter what I would want us to. He will be the real deal....

Geno has almost all the physical tools you could want...is incredibly accurate.. rarely makes mistakes....he can throw a deep ball but its not his best asset....And the kid is a freaking film-rat. Everythinf I've read about him portrays him as some who always is looking to improve and wants to be the best. When he gets to the NFL his coaches and teammates are gonnna be shocked by his incredible work ethic. I personally think he is going to be better than RGIII... he isn't the athlete Griffin is but he's not that far off....and he's a more polished passer coming.out of college.

As for the question at hand...Id say Foles is #4....about where Bray is...they are prettt even as prospects...

Saying you'd take him over Wilson and Geno is just silly. Barkley is debatable but Id say Barkley is the better prospect....we just have seen Foles actually play in the league so he has an advantage...

1.Geno Smith
2. Tyler Wilson
3. Matt Barkley
4a. Nick Foles
4b. Tyler Bray
5. Zac Dysert

Then you have Nassib..Murray...Jones...Manuel..Boyd...Glennon...etc.

I think EJ Manuel is incredibly.overrated as a prospect...he screams career backup to me

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Did you just say Geno can't run? Laughing Dude can absolutely run but he's been adamant about only using his legs as a lasy resort...he's trying to be strictly a pocket passer.

Idk why people are so down on him lately....He's still the #1 QB of the draft....If we had the opportunity to take him no matter what I would want us to. He will be the real deal....

Geno has almost all the physical tools you could want...is incredibly accurate.. rarely makes mistakes....he can throw a deep ball but its not his best asset....And the kid is a freaking film-rat. Everythinf I've read about him portrays him as some who always is looking to improve and wants to be the best. When he gets to the NFL his coaches and teammates are gonnna be shocked by his incredible work ethic. I personally think he is going to be better than RGIII... he isn't the athlete Griffin is but he's not that far off....and he's a more polished passer coming.out of college.

As for the question at hand...Id say Foles is #4....about where Bray is...they are prettt even as prospects...

Saying you'd take him over Wilson and Geno is just silly. Barkley is debatable but Id say Barkley is the better prospect....we just have seen Foles actually play in the league so he has an advantage...

1.Geno Smith
2. Tyler Wilson
3. Matt Barkley
4a. Nick Foles
4b. Tyler Bray
5. Zac Dysert

Then you have Nassib..Murray...Jones...Manuel..Boyd...Glennon...etc.

I think EJ Manuel is incredibly.overrated as a prospect...he screams career backup to me

I've watched Geno Smith for quite some time. He's not even close to a good runner.

Not that he has to be but he has very average speed at the QB position. It's his arm and pocket presence that makes him an elite prospect

He is not even as athletic as Andrew Luck
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we wait until 2014 to draft our QB, that's a better year. I don't want to prolong the rebuilding by taking a QB just for the sake of getting one.

I would prefer to build up our oline and shore up the defense, sign a veteran like Garard to compete with Foles, and allow a good rookie QB in 14 to come here to a good team so we can compete that year.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:
I say we wait until 2014 to draft our QB, that's a better year. I don't want to prolong the rebuilding by taking a QB just for the sake of getting one.

I would prefer to build up our oline and shore up the defense, sign a veteran like Garard to compete with Foles, and allow a good rookie QB in 14 to come here to a good team so we can compete that year.

Makes no sense for Eagles to take a QB this year at all. Have to give Foles a shot if Vick isn't back

And again other than Geno Smith, no QB in that draft is worth taking over Foles
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foles would kill these guys.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: