Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So Hernandez is out and we once again have a monster game..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: So Hernandez is out and we once again have a monster game.. Reply with quote

What's the limit for this team once we're all healthy? Once we have Mankins/Connolly back our running game will be that much better, and Hernandez is back, we have that extra option for Brady to throw to. Finally getting Edelman back was huge, and Gronk has finally looked like he is healthy and running unreservedly.

As for the title, obviously our offense is good enough we'd probably be okay losing anyone besides Brady and Gronk. But it does raise the question of Hernandez's true worth. We seem to have much worst games when Aaron's healthy (also better opponents). But what are we averaging without Aaron? 40PPG?

I realize we scored 21 off special teams/defense, but Brady had a monster game today and had absolutely zero trouble moving the ball the entire game. Could the Cardinals claims of transparency with Hernandez have some truth?

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: So Hernandez is out and we once again have a monster gam Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
What's the limit for this team once we're all healthy?

It's week 11. The chances of being "all healthy" at this point seem slim (though I'm hopeful obviously).
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: So Hernandez is out and we once again have a monster gam Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:

It's week 11. The chances of being "all healthy" at this point seem slim (though I'm hopeful obviously).

Right now we're just waiting on Hernandez and probably some bumps and bruises with Welker. Barring another set back, it doesn't look to be that far off.

Brees that night:
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: So Hernandez is out and we once again have a monster gam Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:

Right now we're just waiting on Hernandez and probably some bumps and bruises with Welker. Barring another set back, it doesn't look to be that far off.

1) Hernandez hasn't really been healthy other than week 1.

2) The games he's played banged up in, we've faced tougher opponents.

I wouldn't read into it at all.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: So Hernandez is out and we once again have a monster gam Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:

The OL? Or are you just referring to the skill position players?
GoldenboyGB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extremely excited. I mean how can you not be? Hernandez is pretty much ready but they aren't green lighting him yet due to risk. I'm more worried about Mankins to be honest.

The sky is the limit. We're on fire with Lloyd-Edelman-Wes-Gronk imagine adding in Hernandez who was literally the focal point of what we were doing to open up.

Sadly due to the fact he hasn't played all year the last stretch is just going to be him getting in sync with everyone. Shouldn't take long honestly as he's been practicing for weeks now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: So Hernandez is out and we once again have a monster gam Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:

Crying or Very sad

Such is life in the NFL. One guy gets healthy and another gets hurt. It's why it's so hard to ever assume how a team will function at "100% health." Look at the teams that have won the Super Bowl over the last decade (or farther back even). They all were missing key players due to injury.
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that was bad timing on my part.

With Gronk out, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hernandez to come back this week. Even if he's not at 100% and they would elsewise have kept him out.

All but guarantees we will no longer be in the hunt for the #2 seed.

Brees that night:
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
Yeah, that was bad timing on my part.

With Gronk out, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hernandez to come back this week. Even if he's not at 100% and they would elsewise have kept him out.

All but guarantees we will no longer be in the hunt for the #2 seed.

Thing is, if they bring Hernandez back to compensate and he re-tweaks his ankle...well the team is going to be in big trouble.

The best thing for their Super Bowl hopes is to try and get everyone healthy for the playoffs. Chances are they're not going to get a bye with or without Gronkowski (though a Steelers win tonight could make things more interesting on that front), and it would be really really surprising if they didn't win the AFC East. So they're almost certainly locked into the 3/4 seed regardless of Gronk's health.

May as well just keep him, Hernandez and Mankins on the sidelines until they're close to 100%

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: